Forums > Social Chat > Dave’s Party in London last night. Poi people are lovely.

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
last night, Dave had a wicked party, at least 15 HOPers were there, so we decided to kick off a thread.The word to describe the party was LovelyDave and housemates Thanks for an amazing party. Wow. As we left, we all agreed it was one of our favourite parties ever. Wicked.Pictures. I have the sweetest one of mischief the angel and an orange Easter Bunny Rabbit (but I dont think I can put it on mug shots unless they let me. Plus a nice group shot of some of us.Lemon Jelly CD’s I promised, If, I need to post it (orange) email me your address and I shall do with pleasure, else CU Tuesday at Vaxhall Viaduct.Sin-D’s Dragon tops (lush hoodies), if you still feel you, need this perfect fire accessory want them say, we’ll talk on Tue/wed, to arrange it.Bam winkMarco - Peer pressure you jugglers are a bad influence smileCarrey looks like you understand what contact is, and you can staff with style!!Ewan my twin bro. Be cool.Orange (Great colour) So good to make your acquaintance.Little Mischief, That acrylic really suited you.For all the others druglers who enjoyer the party, please sign in and remind me login names, memory is a bit hazy.See you all SoonStay LovelyDrew

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Firepoi-boy: You weren’t at the party (well was a bit of a distance to travel), So we thought about you, and your little question (in “is that real fire” thread), as to what to say when you were asked "what is the point of playing poi?", we answered it for those gathered: The point is, that by swinging poi, you get to meet the absolutely loveliest people in the world. And because it poi make us smile.We live to poi, and at night dream of dancing poi, and the rest of our time is spent dreaming of the next playtime, swinging poi in our minds. Poi is what keeps us alive.But if they’re asking questions like what’s the point, they’re not going to understand all of that, nor probably do they want to. So if it was me I would probably just shrug and then think of a lightening sharp, witty, intelligent response… ….on the bus on the way home. }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}Smile glass

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
nice to hear that orange left a cold chilly poi in the park here in sheffield and finally made it to london for a warm and happening party... wishes now that i should have jumped in that toy bag of his.PKhttps://uk.geocities.come/poi_in_the_park_sheffield

CarreySILVER Member
180 posts

Posted:
Ah...the fun and the film crew!!What a fantastic evening from start to finish - I can't remember playing like that for years.My favourite bit was the half hour group hug!!See you Tuesday...Love you!C smile

KnoxiousGOLD Member
420 posts

Posted:
Completely gutted that I was sick this weekend or I would have been there with bells on! Is there a next time?

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Wow, sounds like a good par-tay. Nothing seems to happen like this in Guildford, so I'll have to stick to my Car Park sessions...Should see some of you this Tuesday at Viaduct if people are going...

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Bolox! I had previously agreed to go 'clubbing' at the bloody Camden Palace with a bunch of friends I hadn't seen for a while. It was awful! A truly dreadful experience and one I hope never to repeat. This mainstream clubbing thing really is the pits. And now I hear I missed a blinding party for it.And Orange was there. I've heard tales of this Orange from aquantinces of his.I'm am not a happy bunny this Monday morning frown I don't care what time of the morning it is, I'm off to eat chocolate!Oh well, I'm glad you lot all had a wonderful time![This message has been edited by -Dom- (edited 25 February 2002).]

SmokyDavySILVER Member
Do my poi look too small in this?
394 posts

Posted:
OMG! I have my own thread! smileIt was a pleasure having you guys over this weekend, and as painful as it was to get up this morning, and wade through the sea of garbage to get to my front door (<--exageration), I can't help but smile, as it was one of the best parties we've had at my house yet!!Drew, thanks so much for the raygun! It came in handy when I was kicking people out later on! (j/k, the party is still going, sorta)Everyone else, it was such a pleasure having you all over. You were fabulous guests, and I really couldn't have hoped for a more successful night of mischief and mayhem!much love,D

SmokyDavySILVER Member
394 posts

Posted:
BTW,I tend to have a party at my house every month (when its convenient) and a sunday after-party session practically every sunday or saturday.If you want to be on the mailing list, lemme know smilesmokybowl@yahoo.comD

CarreySILVER Member
180 posts

Posted:
As if you need to ask me Dave! winkC

mischivixmember
15 posts

Posted:
Hay guysI had soooooooooooo much fun at the party, and it was all down to the gorgeous lovely folks at the party smile Drew your an awesome story teller and a gorgeous person, thank you for teaching me how to make a ray gun smile and OMG thank you for introdusing me to contact! Deff going to be buying some new toys at the bjc!Orange bunny smile it was lovely meeting you and Carry your an angel.Ewan, delighted i got to see you christen your fire poi and hello to all the other peeps that i met but can't quite remember names, sorry :P All in all a lovely evening full of lovely, hurray for all of us! smile*hugs*MischivixHaze

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Dave what a party. You totally rocked everyone's world on Saturday night. You set the scene perfectly, then let the fun begin.......Glass, I have to agree with every word you wrote. Poi people are lovely.......although lets not forget the staff peeps.Dave (and flatmates): We all shared a moment in time that can never be taken away. For this and much more I thank you.Glass: You let me talk crap to you all night.......and you never complained. You're a star.Carrey: Girl you're cool. I've made a very special friend in you. You've helped restore my faith in girls.Marco: Man you can contact with style.Ewan: I feel like I've known you ages, yet it's only been two days........what happened there???Orange: Give the man a prize! I've never seen poi done with so much love. Sheffield here I come!Hazel: You have an infectious smile babe.You all turned my weekend upside-down.I'm sure I'll be seeing most of you on Tuesday night, but to those I don't "keep the fire burning".It was a pleasure to meet you all.LisaxGlass: lets see a couple of pictures.

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
smokybowl, thanks again. Really looking fwd to the next one.Knox, welcome to this here place, where people chat who are meant to be working. Hope ur feeling better. I've got this image of you with dancing around with bells on. te he.Dom & Durbs. sorry, **Sympathy**.Still feeling fuzzy**Hugs**Drew

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Greetings all,What a great weekend, it mostly consisted of Dave's party (I slept the WHOLE of Sun). Dave, thanks again for letting us join you, it was a joy to be there.For those that are up for a bit of swinging on Tues at the Viaduct, I look forward to seeing you there.Lots of love,Marco(Defi)------------------Poi to love

SmokyDavySILVER Member
394 posts

Posted:
Got a BIG thank you letter from the Camera crew today.They say that the fire dancing footage all looks amazing.I'm gonna pester them to see if we can't get a copy of the raw footage smile

CarreySILVER Member
180 posts

Posted:
Hey, very cool...Dave, can you also find out when the programme's going to be on?And if they do send you all the raw footage, can I get a copy please???Thank you!!C smile

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Hey Party DaveI second everything that Carrey just said. You little minx, you keep posting before me!LX grin

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

Stumember
16 posts

Posted:
Hey Dave, Gutted I missed your gathering, it was the berries by all accounts.Next time Gadget.....The contact circle thing we recreated last night was cool though. How many people do you reckon you could get going wink------------------~ Don't think you are, Know you are ~Stu ;)

~ Don't think you are, Know you are ~Stu ;)

orangemember
158 posts

Posted:
hiya alldave ta 4 the setting and hope you had as an amazing time as i did smileyou lot rock - or should that be trance ?this is a quickie as i`ve been fixing my pc all night & now it`s 7:30 amwhere does the time go ?empty your pockets everyoneany time hiiding in the fluff ?i`ll post again tomorrow night when i`ve more time - just want to say you lot are a big reason i poi - so glad to meet such a big group of the good people - -all inn 1 place smileglass - please let me know a url for the bjc - and dates too pleaseand lemon jelly`s king raam wow wowwow wowow- ( and a big fella too !!! )ta to bchris for train station grabbing meand josie lizardlashes 4 being youorange energy flowing from every pore as i write this smilehey nice balls steviespecial !!!woowoo all smilei`ll reaally have to join you lot at a tuesday night practice sesh... mmm thinks................byebyebye------------------swoopedinandswoopedoutagain...orange...xxx...

swoopedinandswoopedoutagain...orange...xxx...

orangemember
158 posts

Posted:
p.s.has anyone found an orange raygun ?1 previous owner...lost presumed goneif found could someone please stick it away in their raygun closet pleaseta 4 the raygun construction plans glass - 1 day all of this planet will be oursnon maniacal - happy - if anything gurgly sound... fades as exit stage left------------------swoopedinandswoopedoutagain...orange...xxx...

swoopedinandswoopedoutagain...orange...xxx...

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
Defi, hiya sport.stu, how many people? all of them.Orange, send me your e-mail me your address, and I have a CD waiting for ya. (one day us little people will rise up, and then)I put up another post with details of BJC2k2 for you in events.MischivixHaze look after that ball, hey. See you for the march on saturday. Still grinning like a daft thing and now its thursday night. hmm what a party. (ooh, and I got a UV acrylic last night, toy happy) Be cool Drew

mischivixmember
15 posts

Posted:
Drew - am doing smile and thank you again for lending it to me your a star

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Dave's not here man...

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

CarreySILVER Member
180 posts

Posted:
smile smile smile smileNow I am so happy, I'll do the Dance of Joy...C

SpacemonkEmember
25 posts

Posted:
Ola Peeps!Sorry for taking so long to get onto the site. Just wanted to add a belated *Wow* and Dang good party.Cheers the house mates!! Particularly SmokingbowlDave and Chris because they're the only two house mates I can remember names for I'm afraid - s'a good sign of a good party.Hazel - Grrr, thank you for your calm hand and mind while I was popping my cherry winkOraaaange - nice arse mate (good compliment from a hetro grin )Drew, Marco, BamBam and Carrey - Ahhhhhh. Thank you for you. I could and would ask for no more and no less.Hey, Glass and Fire-Poi Boy (?), my oar... As far as I can tell, the reason that people seem to take to Poi (and all the other wonderful forms of juggling and spinning) is the same reason that people climb mountains, scuba dive, support weird political fractions, have children and make conversation - Because life makes no sense beyond what sense we make of it. And if challenging the limits of co-ordinating the left and right hemispheres of your brain, meeting both like and open-minded people, smiling a lot with pleasure while learning to deal with occasional and spontaneous physical pain (aaand agony - life skill though) while getting a work out (without the need for large weights, grunting and a negative IQ) and tapping into endorphins and adrenaline (life's most excellent and fairly safe little class A's,) makes sense to you, then you'll probably enjoy Poi, juggling, spinning, and life for that matter. I think the question's not why, it's why ask - the answer's on the faces. Or am I just being a big girl? smilePart from that, onwards and sideways smileps I've lost this three times now so I'm expecting that I've porobably killed the site, or at least a small portion of the web. Apologies if I have or I've got multiple messages up.FunkE------------------

Perspective allows us to live in a world of incomprehensible possibility, simply by blinding us to almost all of it… We’re not horses, yet we all wear blinkers...

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
the French frog here would love to be in whatever mailing list cause I'd surely LOVE to come to London within the next few months and meet you shiny people smilewell... if you don't mind that is smileQuestion : when and where are the meeting days of the poi people in general ?wait a minute ... is someone gonna shout POINT and tell me to do a search ? ::running to hide behind the door::Smoky bowl, see ya soon in paris I hope smileShine oncassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

SmokyDavySILVER Member
394 posts

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
Hey cassandra,The main meeting at the moment are:Tuesdays at the viaduct vauhall(lots of poi and staff)Wednesday at brixton hill methodist church(Groovy for contact, and juggling bit less poi)Thursday at highgate (i don't go so I dont know)Thursday starting next week a new one in kensal green, being run by ben who rocks with meteor and staff, haven't seen him round here.Plus everyweeking there tends to be some kinda party or gathering where we play at the moment.Plus there 2 squats with big play rooms that have a lot of juggler types who are always playing. Hope that that helps.and no point tell us when you're comming over to london to play.cheersDrew

4,224 posts

Posted:
::half deaf from SBowl shouting point in my ear:: I'll probably need 10 years of therapy to get over the trauma of someone shouting POINT at me winkThanks a lot Glass for taking the time to gimme all the details smileWill sure let you know when I come. Must say once again that the London and UK fire people just seem to be so wonderfull that I am *really* looking forward to meeting you.Again, likewise, whoever plans on being in France, please let me know smileshine onCassandra

SmokyDavySILVER Member
394 posts

Posted:
I'll definitely meet up with you while I'm in paris..How does saturday the 6th of april sound?

4,224 posts

Posted:
perfect !!!
Non-Https Image Link
you've my email and phone number so don't hesitate
Non-Https Image Link
shine onCassandra[This message has been edited by cassandra (edited 16 March 2002).]

Page: