HellCatmember
32 posts

Posted:
alright.. this is really getting to me.. i can do moves like the forward weave and the windmill and chasing the sun (only been spinning for less then a month) and i cannot do the butterfly!!! lol am i doing something wrong? i do everything that's instructed, "keep one hand infront of the other, etc, etc" but i can't do it! Help me!!! pwease???

Peace, Love, Unity, Respect ^.~

Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
keep one hand lower than the other?

i find the reverse butterfly, ie: swinging backwards and going into butterfly from there, ALOT easier than the forwards butterfly........
but im weird
*nod*

Currently on the right side up of the world.

jugglesmember
11 posts

Posted:
Basically you will want to make everything a little crooked. A side view of the butterfly should look a little like an x. I put my right hand slightly above, and in front of my left. You should experiment with differnt combinations. :

Happy spinning everone!

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
Don't worry about not being able to get it. THe butterfly is actually quite difficult to do properly. I've said it before and I'll say it again- I think it is a basic move in the sense that it is the basis for loads of other moves, not in the sense that it is easy to do. So don't worry about it too much.

Mr Miyagimember
13 posts

Posted:
The biggest block to your learning is your mind.

If whatever your doing isn't working - do something else.... anything else.

When you become more flexible in your approach, then it will come to you.

Wax on...Wax off.

HellCatmember
32 posts

Posted:
LOL no worries Flynt.. you're not weird.. i tried the Reverse BF today... it IS a lot easier.. ^.^ my poi didn't knock into each other or the tails didn't get caught in the strings either! woohoo ^.^ sankyu all

Peace, Love, Unity, Respect ^.~

Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.