AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Hi ive been doin staff for 6 months or so and i love it. Ive been looking into other types of staff, i currently have a 5 foot aluminium staff with bout 6 inches of wick on each end, anyway i was interested in a 5 foot electroglo staff, does anyone know where i can get one??? Or could i make one? I love fire performing but it's a bit inconvienent carrying round loads of stuff.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
electroglow staffs only come in the length availiabe on HOP as far as i am awear, feel free to email malcom info@homeofpoi.com

you probably wont be able to find any glostaffs above 4 foot, i know of only one place and the largest they manafacture is 4 foot and will cost you £350 min maybe more i'm sure they arnt that cheap.

Jezaddict
642 posts

Posted:
Further to PK's reply. I own a five foot aerotech staff. The staff strobes blue and red and cost me approx £400. But if you are thinking about spending that kind of money. The aerotech staff is very wobbly and so it can be harder to do certain moves with.

Alternatively make one. Malcolm sells the individual lights which go on to the electroglow staff. Then all you need to do is find appropriate see through tubing, like perspex.

'Happiness is liking peeing on yourself. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.'

'If *I* had a hammer, there'd be no more folk singers.'

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Think once ya get over a metre or so, you need to illuminate the whole staff.

Try a search on electro illuminating wire, at hop and then maybe on the net.

Let us know how it goes

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
Jez...
man i want a go on your aerotech staff mate fivefoot.
i will get to have a go with tempests 4 footer, minero has just got a nice 4 footer all blue... sounds nice, i just mailed them about some costom staffs but i cant afford 4 footers, and i need 2. the only thing that puts me off as the flexability. i love the meter staffs but only for doubles.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
FNF it's gonna be tricky getting the patent if you go giving the recipe away

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
PK, you can have a go with my 9ft uber-glostaff if you like?

[ 19. January 2003, 08:04: Message edited by: C@ntus ]

Meh

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
kewl, but imagine kato using it haha be like kato and the empire state building

Mineiromember
262 posts

Posted:
HEY!!!!
its 1m 45cm making it nearly 5 foot oh unnumerate one.....
and its coming down... and even better it is the same as liams, so doubles will be doable!!!!

much love
R

brain replacement...anyone?

Jomember
517 posts

Posted:
excellent Mineiro...

Liam and I have been looking forward to seeing your 5ft aerotech doubles very much!...

yummy.

Jo.

Educate yourself in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

gooblemember
71 posts

Posted:
here, look at mine
actually 4.5 ft

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

email me for tips

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
hey gooble ur pics arnt loading could u post links instead?

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I've put new LEDs in mine now, so it'll be all shiny and good for the weekend

Meh

gooblemember
71 posts

Posted:
for links sake!!
4.5ft er globug staff

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Ohh me bringing my double aerotechs too.......flashing fun in Sheffield this weekend then guys!!!

Can't bloody wait.

BamBam

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
not if my clubs are not back by friday.

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Ohh where might they be??? behind the sofa?? in the fridge?? prey tell Master Skirt

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
Not sure if my 6 foot electroglo staff can compete with all these Aerothechs - it's hom-made

But it's coming anyway - and you'd better make it feel welcome

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Ros - I think home made stuff means love has gone into them..

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
I have to say that I'm with MisStix on that one, the home made toys that I have make me smile because love has gone into them from start to finish.

FNF I can't wait to chat and natter with you a\t the weekend. You're PM the other day touched my heart, you really are a true Princess

BamBam

(It's roadtrip time folks )

Mineiromember
262 posts

Posted:
aaaargh those nasty people at aerotech(not really ) have not got it to me yet... should be tomorrow but if not

please god........

agree on the home madeness tho....
altho it will be blue and strobey...mmmmmm
love
see y'all headcharging.
xR

brain replacement...anyone?

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
i had to send them back for repair has i have given them so much hammer these past 6 months, both yellow sections decided to not work. they have had them for over 3 weeks now and i really miss them, i cant spin normal poi lol

oh well good job i am hooked on staff right now.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Hi thanks everyone for replying to my post. I definatly cannot afford one!! My friend recently made a staff with led's in it, 6 on each end, which is very complicated though, it uses balls of mercury to tell when its spinning and has a basic processor to do different combinations of lights. I think ill look into that option.