Forums > Technical Discussion > Electroglo owners having troubles with flickering leds or not functioning at all

Login/Join to Participate

MYsterfymember
14 posts

Posted:
ah k,here's the thing....when i bought my set of electroglo they were absolutely amazing until i hit them together a few times and one started to dim down and i thought it was the batteries so i replaced the batteries (and yes using rubber gloves)...still no good...so i did a bit of reading and i found out that alot of ppl are having the same trouble...
Here's how i fixed mine, u'll notice on the one that's not working properly that where the battery sits it has been slightly moved from where it originally sat(hence the bangin togetherness)well anyways turn on ur electroglo and push it tight to the side....it should light back up bright!! if so shake it around alittle bit and if it doesn't flicker then u know that's ur sweet spot to glue it back in....did that with mine and ther as good as ever...just needs tension

MYsterfymember
14 posts

Posted:
ah k never mind that post it didn't work
but i did fix the problem....u have to take out the led unit and use a bit of foil imbtween the little metal part on the switch,then glu it as tight as u can to the circuit board,make sure u have it turned on so if it lights up and u have let the glue set and it's still alight then good stuff....tap it to make sure tho....don't want any more trouble to deal with once ther back together

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
the casing for my electro gloww staff led cracked after about 3 weeks of use (not hard use either) I think because the tabs to keep it at the bottom failed and it worked its way up the tube to a place it could get damaged.

Havent picked the thing up since. you can buy new ones for a fiver a shot plus posting but parrafin is cheeper than that. grumblegrumblegrumble.

N

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti