TranceKujamember
68 posts

Posted:
I've got a question for all of ya poi people who use glowsticks. Have you ever broken the top of the glowstick? I broke well...3 in about a week cuz i was practicing and the top plastic loop thingy kinda broke. If you know of any type of reinforcement or other such device, please tell me.--Thanks--

Live by honor. Kill by stealth. Only the unseen survive.~peace~

DIANNAmember
55 posts

Posted:
this happens alot to me i mean alot! you can some times melt it back with a lighter or ues black electrical tape and tape kind of a loop on top but that doesn't really work so your best bet is to go with the lighter. if it has like an excess peice under the loop you can drill /cut or poke a hole in it and stick your string in it.

DIANNAmember
55 posts

Posted:
this happens alot to me i mean alot! you can some times melt it back with a lighter or ues black electrical tape and tape kind of a loop on top but that doesn't really work so your best bet is to go with the lighter. if it has like an excess peice under the loop you can drill /cut or poke a hole in it and stick your string in it.

TranceKujamember
68 posts

Posted:
My friend suggested hot glue gunning them together, does that work?

Live by honor. Kill by stealth. Only the unseen survive.~peace~

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
I use those metal key ring things - you know, the very tight spiral metal ring thingy. Haven't broken a glowstick yet...[This message has been edited by Durbs (edited 16 January 2002).]

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

DIANNAmember
55 posts

Posted:
the key rings workgreat too

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
What's even better than split rings, is the quick attach things that fishermen use that have swivels on the ends. They have a kind of them in the store on this site, but for glowsticks, you don't need something quite that heavy duty. I don't know if you live in the States or not, but if you do, go to Wal-Mart in the fishing section. If you live anywhere else, just find somewhere that carries fishing gear. They are mostly brass, and have a swivel attached to a clip. They work great. No more time spent tieing and untieing (sp?) strings. I like them alot, because I have a whole crapload of toys that i take out with me. Just make sure to get the biggest ones you can find. I think mine are a #1 or #2 size. If it is truly the glowsticks that are giving you the hard time, try buying a different brand. I know of the kind that have a lot thicker piece at the top with a hole and a 'C' shaped clip at the top. Bite the clip off, and I defy you to rip a string out of that hole!------------------I feel more like I do now then I did when I got here.PLUR(RE) ---J---

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

redragonxmember
73 posts

Posted:
i buy my sticks from https://www.clubthings.com/product296.html
and ive never had the tops break. their pretty heavyduty holes too. (i do not advertise for this site in any way, i just buy a lot of glowsticks there) wink

~A Soft Rubber Bodybuilding Smurf~

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
I just tie a not in one end of the string and send the other through the hole. Since I started doing that I have yet to break a top unless I smacked it on the gound.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"