Forums > Technical Discussion > led poi out of bouncy balls?

Login/Join to Participate

melissaBRONZE Member
156 posts

Posted:
ok, has anyone built a led poi set out of bouncy balls? i tryed to search on this but i could fing out anything... in theory i'm guessing it would work fine to use baseball size bouncy balls or a series of smaller balls in a row. it would help reduce the ouch factor of regular led poi but i am worried that the softness of the ball might screw up the electrical wiring. does anyone have any experience with this?

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I was having the same kind of idea, until I discovered that all the shops that sold parts I needed had closed down.Since that probably wasn't very useful to you, have a look at this, the first 2 bits in particularpage:https://www.homeofpoi.com/articles/makingledpoi2.htmYou can probably come up with a reasonably robust design based on them.------------------Bovril - It's liquid cow y'know

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I've just been hit with some inspiration:Get a plastic case, put in the LEDs and fill it with silicone sealant.I'm thinking that this should protect the circuit enough for it to take a fairly substantial beating.It wouldn't even need to be spherical, you could use any shape you feel like.If I ever manage to find somewhere in Wycombe that sells LEDs, I'll make a set and post what happens to it------------------Bovril - It's liquid cow y'know[This message has been edited by TheBovrilMonkey (edited 31 December 2001).]

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

melissaBRONZE Member
156 posts

Posted:
i've been pondering this a bit more and i think i'm going to experiement with putting led lights in juggling balls and turning them into poi. i am excited... my b-friend is going to build me them as a holiday present. the led lights he chose are green and yellow... smile