Forums > Technical Discussion > why are new heads so expensive

Login/Join to Participate

HappyStickermember
42 posts

Posted:
I was practicing and reading a few posts tonight and decided i am ready to make the transition to fire....and i was very happy to see the sale on the pure flame sets. i looked at the suggested buys to go along with it and i was just wondering why replacement heads/wicks were more expensive than the whole set put together

If you had a friend that was a tightrope walker, and you were walking down the street and he just fell over......that would be unacceptable.

HappyStickermember
42 posts

Posted:
another question that i had on this same topic is..... can you take the old kevlar off something like the pure flame set and buy a long strip like that sold on this website and re-wrap it, to avoid the cost of buying all new heads?

If you had a friend that was a tightrope walker, and you were walking down the street and he just fell over......that would be unacceptable.

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
Can't answer your first question, but as to your second, yes, you can buy replacement kevlar, and re-wick your heads. Depends on how crafty you want to get. (: I just spent $6 at Discount Auto Parts buying shop rags, and I've now made one LARGE set of wick heads, but also head enough material left to make a set of medium sized wicks too. CRD

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-