Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > anyone for a coffee this friday in London ???

Login/Join to Participate

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
As I am planning my real visit to London on october 31st till the 5th YAYYYAYYAYY

I also found out I will have about 8 hours free in London this friday

you see I am flying into gatwick at 12:25 and out of heathrow at 22:30 ....

and all I have to do is go to a British airways agency somewhere ...

I might not go into the city but if I do i would love to see you guys even for a surreal cup of coffee before i head out to thailand

I feel so "Jet Set"

so much love and smiles
cass

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
me, me, me

I'm working at Liverpool Street till 7pm though. Perhaps I can meet you at lunch time honey.

Ohh it would be really speciel to see and talk to you Princess Cass.

Thinking of you and your beautiful way of making people feel special.

Love

Lisa

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
I live quite near Gatwick - Redhill. I could meet you from Gatwick if you want? As i need to go into London to get a train on Friday as i'm seeing a friend i haven't seen for 2 years

Alice

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Hello
Cass, let me know what you're doing. Transport between London and the airports is either quite slow, or fast and expensive. Any you'll have your backpack to lug around so don't plan too much.

Trains from Gatwick go into Victoria station. From there it's a 500m or so walk to Green Park or St James :: map. As it'll be a lovely day on Friday you could go sit and spin there for a bit. Walking a bit further to Green Park's bandstand will make you easier to spot.

For a BA agent - well, you're arriving at an airport, so try there Or there's an STA Travel right by Victoria station.

What time are you checking it at Heathrow? I'm probably flying into Heathrow at 18:45, so maybe I'll take an earlier flight and meet you in town, or a later one and meet you for a quick hug at the airport. So let me know what you're doing.

Big hug to ya sis

4,224 posts

Posted:
OH MAN this is great

Dom thank you for explanation lovely !!!

I am arriving at 12:25 and will try and sort the ticket first cause it is the main reason wy I am going to stay in london for a few hours... I reckon it should take me about 1 hour to sort all this shit out and then I am free
I guess Dom s advice sounds good to me, I will be with all my luggage so i do not want to go too many places and be exhausted and run the risk of missing my flight or something you know ...

Pink POi YAY that would be awesome ... I shoudl take your cell phone number just to make sure though. could we meet up at the exit of my flight and go to BA together I will probably be having to wait for a while so we could chat ? then head out to london together ?

bam Bam I sooooo want to see you you have no idea.... is that doable for you to take a late lunch break though ???

Dom I think I will be checking in around 20:00 at heathrow so it would be awesome to meet up for a hug and a quick snack maybe ?

where do te trains from london to Heathrow leave though ???? anybody know ?

Ahhh i would so love to see the three of you man tht would be beautiful

shine on
cass

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Getting to Heathrow will be easy.
There's the heathrow express from Paddington - it only takes 15 minutes but costs £13!
It's a long ride on the tube to Heathrow, probably about an hour.
Or National Express runs a bus from Victoria to Heathrow every half hour and that takes about 40/50 minutes and costs a tenner.

And the African giant swallowtail butterfly has a wingspan of up to 25 centimeters

faery emBRONZE Member
fae
259 posts

Posted:
or i could confuse matters more by saying that you should take the train to london bridge rather than victoria.
from there its a lovely sightseeing walk over london bridge looking at tower bridge and within 5 mins you'll be at my pub, which happens to only be about 5 mins from Bam's work place (and she still hasn't come to visit - grrrrr )
there i can give the 2 of you and anyone else that comes along free beer (well not 100 people can get it free - but i have quite a list of pints brought for me i haven't drunk yet)
i'm afraid we're not selling coffee yet...

just thought i'd be difficult no pressure

warp children still smile the same

"when i left the mine i realised that the world was changing. or was it us who were changing?"

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Near me too!! I should be free from 5 on Friday all going well

It takes about 20-25 minutes to get to Paddington from London Bridge so there is not much point travelling there to take the Heathrow expense express! It takes about 10-15 minutes more on the Picadilly Line and costs about a third of the price of the Express.
Journey Planner

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

4,224 posts

Posted:
Hello
my puter is all so i cannot actually open the thread but I can reply ... SIGH ...
anyway...
YAY I will meet with my favourite pink girl at Gatwick sort my things out and then go to Saint James Park by the bandstand (probably from 14 or 15:00 onwards (that is because i finally understood what a Bandstand actually is ... thank you Dom ... )
and then will be off to Heathrow around 19:30ish ...

I really hope I can meet up with some of you and chat and play and smile

I am easy to spot with good binoculars I am short and round and French (ie arrogant and stinky )

Shine on
cass

lollipurple penguin- soon to be
478 posts
Location: playing with the pixies at the arsse end of the mi...

Posted:
how do you get to st james park??

My spelling wobbles. its very good spelling but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong place

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
There's a link to a map above
From Trafalgar Square walk through Admiralty Arch and walk down the Mall. That on your left is St James. The bandstand is on the Mall side of the lake.
It's also easy to get to from Westminster, Green Park, Hyde Park Corner and Victoria.

See you tomorrow Cass

4,224 posts

Posted:
for some reason i cannot open the thread but i can post a reply ...
i really hope nothing in the new posts said that pinkpoi cannot come or something ...
please anyone PM me or email me if you need to tell me something
or come nd surprise me in st james park by the famous bandstand ?
shine on
cass

4,224 posts

Posted:
I want to thank you all sooo much

Pink POi you are an and i am sooo happy we had some time together and thank you for the hugs and making me discobver that amazing cookie shop >>> OMG

Knoxious, as always i only get a few seconds from you but as always wonderful... hopefully more next time

Glass OMG you just looked SO HOT in your grey outfit man ... you are the sexiesat Batchelor on earth

Lolli ... Lollli.... thank you for being your beuatiful self and spending the afternoon with me. your hugs your energy your beauty is just endless
So much love

Dom Brother meeting you in the weirdest places all ariound the world has become kind of a habbit uh ? I got the bopok thank you so much and cannot wait to see if it works

Bam hope to see you soon for halloween that is

Kat, Fairy Em I am sooo sorry that i could actually not read the bloody post only reply and so it means i did not even read that you had posted sorry

so much love and respect
Cass straight from Bangkok

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:

So glad I managed to see you! Yep, we'll add that one to the list of bizzare places we've met in.
Have an amazing time in Thailand, and I hope the book helps. Please, for me as much as you, give it a try

lots of love and hugs

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Popped by St. James Park Friday evening but there was no sign of anyone and poi peeps usually very easy to spot. Possibly I missed you or you had already left, could not hang about though as my flatmate rang when I was in the park to say he had forgotton his house keys so I had to hurry home.

Sorry to have missed you but look forward to catching up with you in October

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

DarkFairyQueenmember
557 posts

Posted:
OOOOOOOOOOOHHH!!!!

My lickle fairy of fluff!! I'm leaving on Monday 22nd, so I'll be here on Friday!!!

Please, please, if you do have coffee somewhere, call me n I'll be there!!!

07745-805-821

Love you!!!

Az abouve, So below...