Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Wanting to meet twirlers from the UK!!!

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
GoaFiremember
71 posts

Posted:
hellooooo.......im wanting to find people into twirling from the UK...just to chat...etc. anyways thats all i needed to say so i shall far thee all a fairwell...*smiles*goafire xxx

Barbmember
13 posts

Posted:
Hi - seeing as we're not a million miles apart I thought I'd let you know that there's a small set of twirlers in Sheffield. If you're interested there'll be a few of us at the Lakeside Festival (weather permitting) this weekend (21-22 July) it'll be good to see a few more people.XB

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

GoldenKrispymember
60 posts

Posted:
Hiya,I live in the UK. I live In cornwall!! So where abouts are you? Maybe we could pick up on email sometime and swap tricks and advice etc. Keep Smiling,KRISSY wink

Dimitrimember
26 posts

Posted:
If you come to London please check outThe Drome44-46 Newington Cause WayNr Elephant&castle tubeEvery Tuesday7-11£3Sounds System, Tea Bar, place to play fire, loads of spinners/Twirlers!!!!!Come and play!!!!

pyro_teknikmember
51 posts
Location: england wiltshire under stonehenge with the fire f...

Posted:
i am an englandersee box on the left for details peace smile

handlebar moustaches are funny :)

Marlboromember
180 posts

Posted:
'Ello, ello, ello,Lancashire lad here, been poi-ing 4 4 weeks, and after watching some of the vid's I realized how much I have to learn. Anyone from the north-west, are there any gatherings?Poi-onM:-)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~GoaFire - have u been to Arambol?

We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold.

clarkeymember
29 posts

Posted:
Hi,I live reasonably near birmingham, there are a few of us learning poi down here. Also there are diffinitely loads of twirlers up in Manchester, i know they have a regular juggling club at Manc. Uni. every Thursday i think, and they do sticks, poi etc. Glastonbary is always good to meet twirlers, thats what got me into it. Easy

The best way to predict the future is to invent it

mikeybmember
93 posts

Posted:
As you can see in the small print on the left :-) I'm in Oxford. There area couple ofothers here but we really ought to put more effort into getting together.And Dimitri, yes, one of these days I will make it to the Drome after work. mikeyB

Dottmember
29 posts

Posted:
oxford poi-ersyes i've probably emailed lots of you, but hopefully there will be a few of us (er at least 2??) at the angel and greyhound meadow on wednesday 7:30-9:30ish. and some other jugglers too smile. so maybe we will finally get round to getting together?anyway, one day i'll get to the drome too...

Backpacker2kmember
30 posts

Posted:
Hey....I've been twirling for just over a year now. I live in Burnley...Lancashire and have a small gig on in the next couple of weeks....problem is....my fire Pois have been stolen! (I'm still in mourning).... Been to Manchester today and could'nt find anything at all.... Have been told that Beard equipment in Hebden Bridge might sell the Pois.... but the website seems more juggling orientated...HELP ME!!!... If anyone knows of a stockist in the Lancashire region then let me know...cheers.... Also, anyone wanting to meet up then give us a mail.Ta for now....DanAlso....I'VE TWIRLED ON ARAMBOL TOO!!...last October... brilliant day and nite out.....Ferry across on the moped....wind your way thru the beachroads....pull up at Arambol....walk around loads of dodgy cliffs opening up onto the beach...admire the Om insignia on the hillside and chill out with all those mad hippies....game on!

ABCDEFG...HIJKLMNOP...QRSTU and V..WXY and Zeeeee.Hey everybody look at me...now I know my ABC!

Taorobmember

Posted:
Hey Backpacker2kI know that:Jesters667 Eccleshall RoadSheffieldusually keep them in stock but they are quite expensive. I don't know how close Sheffield is to you but it might help you out. Good luck.

gάrbǿaddict
521 posts
Location: Bristol / London / Norwich / Chennai, India (UK) (...

Posted:
shocked shocked MY GOD shocked shockedA far cry from when there were only like 5 of us on the board from the UK.Well I live in Uk (between Norwich, London and Bristol)Give me a shout if you are around those area's.cheers guyspeace outgarbo tongue------------------
quote:
"Be the change"Mahatma Ghandi

be excellent to each other: safe:

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Hi.From Wirral i train next to the mersey twice a week at the moment 9.pm-11pm anyones welcome for a burn. smileBarb. any more information on lakeside Festival.MikyB. the Father inlaw lives in Upwood, so next time were down there. ------------------Twist for the joy of it.

CAINED-AND-UNABLEmember
214 posts

Posted:
Shit garbo. i too remember the time when there were but a few of us.anyway, Goafire,i help run a circus skills club here in manchester every thursday (+every 3 months we hold an event called the "Jugglers Ball".we have DJ's, Live drumming, Fire stuff (poi, staves, diablo, juggling, breathing etc), fancy dress/costumes etc etc . it's a really fun night full of loads of quality performers. If your interested, mail me on:poiboy@twistedfirestarter.co.ukand i'll keep you upto date. Or if your in manchester ever, i'll be happy to meet you.Until then, Keep spinning. [image]https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/images/icons/grin.gif">-----------------------------------[/image]Twisted fire starter". (prodigy)

Alagonmember
14 posts

Posted:
UK poi'er here too. grinLive in Pembrokeshire.Tenby-Saundersfoot-Narberth area.Just started and got the hang of the backwards weave today. Anyone else in the area, just shout up. :>

Julesmember
3 posts

Posted:
Hi I'm Jules, I live in Essex/Durham, havent been twirling for very long and don't know anyone else who does! Am surprised to see how many UK peeps have replied!!

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Does anyone know if there are any groups in Preston, Ormskirk, Chorley etc. Manchester is a bit far to go from where I live (out in the country).Thanks kidzLove bethxxx

Blackbirdmember
337 posts

Posted:
hey, london staff twirler/poi-tor here... anyone else know of any other shop that sells this stuff other than oddballs in Camden?Incidentally, i bought my first set of fire poi and my first firestaff today! previously i have only been using the UV ones... they're incredible... and so warm...BB

x X x ß £ Å Ĉ К ß î я Ð x X x

Dottmember
29 posts

Posted:
hey,just wanted to say, you can find juggling clubs all over the world on www.jugglingdb.com and there should be some poi-ers at most of them. there's a good load of uk ones which made me think i should mention it here smile. i've been to a few of them and always been welcome even when i've put down the clubs and got the poi out wink.dott.(if that url doesn't work, trywww.juggler.net/jugglingclubs )[This message has been edited by Dott (edited 23 July 2001).]

Miss Dnewbie
1 post

Posted:
Hello Everyone. If there is anyone in the Chesterfield/Sheffield Area please contact me to tell me if there's anything going on. I've read the thing about Don Valley but I won't be able to get up there, plus its probably finish by now... Anyways I am in dire need of someone to shadow me so I can truely become a master in the art(giggle)Cheers"D"

mikeybmember
93 posts

Posted:
David C wrote:> From Wirral i train next to the mersey > MikyB. the Father inlaw lives in UpwoodI'm a Birkenhead boy meself (moved south a while back). Best hook up next time I visit my mum.mail me - twirly@kittensdirect.commikeyB

Barbmember
13 posts

Posted:
Hi - sorry I missed coming back to the board in time with info about Lakeside (I didn't get there myself). However, there's usually a small gathering of twirlers at Headcharge or Planet Zogg at the Arches in Sheffield and it would be great to see a few more people.https://www.dionysus-ss.co.uk/cgi-bin/news/viewnews.cgi?newsallwww.sheffieldscene.co.uk/headcharge/

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Blackbirdmember
337 posts

Posted:
Does anyone go to the Drome in london? How good is the standard there? And how intimidating is it? Will i be laughed at???------------------"O! for a muse of fire, that would ascend the brightest heaven of invention." William ShakespeareCheck out my online gallery!Blackie

x X x ß £ Å Ĉ К ß î я Ð x X x

dcanseemember
11 posts

Posted:
The drome is a place of friendships in its own.... Used to go raving there and still say that there will never be another place like it...Workshop night is really friendly and there is loads of people to be met and even more tricks to be learned....

Dimitrimember
26 posts

Posted:
Greetings BlackbirdPlease come down to the Drome and play. Its got a great vibe!!!! Spinners of all talents, sharing, twirling, smiling, dancing.......Loads of LoveD

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
hey a couple of things: first of all greetings to you all...we have just come back from living in California and want to get involved in the Poi and Fire scene here, especially London & Brighton.We have been using Zuni Poi, a U.S company making extremely high quality practice poi. We have travelled and played in various places around the world and these really are the best out there. We are starting to distribute them in the U.K and if anyone is interested or has suggestions for promoting them please contact us. Hope to see many of you out there. Keep playing.

GoaFiremember
71 posts

Posted:
helloooo...havent been able to get on the net for the last week n i saw the amoutn of you that ahve replied n i was like WOW...sooooim glad to see there are so many of us in the bright sunny and gorgeously hot tropical country of the uk...hehe...(no sarcasm involved...*grins cheekily*)yeah im in leeds to those who asked...hydepark to be more precise...plan on going to london in the next couple of months before my girlfriend starts back at college...to do a bit of clubbing etc...itd be cool to meet some of you guys if your around at the time...that can be talked about nearer the time tho...if anything is to come of it...*smiles*anyways....*smiles n huggles*goafire

GoaFiremember
71 posts

Posted:
p.s. whos off to glastonbury next year...im off again...gonna be twirling my way around this time tho instead of just watching in amasment...*smiles*...itd be cool to get a few of us to arange camping together just a large group of twirlers...lots of fun me thinks...*smiles*...if anyone is interested in doing this leave a msg here or email me....i know its early days yet but the sooner its organised the better...*grins*i plan on having my fire poi skills ready for then too...*smiles*...not too sure of the idea of using them under the influence of happy smarties...hehe(wink wink)...but we'll see what happens...*smiles n huggles*goafire

Annie Cmember
40 posts

Posted:
Hello to all you out there. Just to mention a few things...I am a regular at the Drome in London...and yes the standard is very high but also the people are great...Hello D has been a few weeks since i have been down...see you this evening....Anyway...back to the point, everyone is very willing to help out...just stop them and ask...all are very happy to share the knowledge...its jst that sometimes we all get a bit engrossed in it...it is the ultimate complimant if someone asks you how to do something...it doesn't happen to me that often.....but it is a real treat when someone thanks you at the end because they can do something new......so keep practising (words I tell myself daily) and it will all become sooo easy.....Sorry super long message...Happy twirling...LatersAnnie CPS how do you get that blue face with the moving eyes on the message??

xLessThanJakexmember
155 posts

Posted:
Hey yall twirlers from the UK, if any of yall is interested in meeting twirlers then there is a gig on in Surrey, I'm not yet 100 percent sure weather it is still going to happen because of a few minor difficulties, but if anyone is interested I can keep you updated until next week.Happy TwirlingFire_Sista

Where there is sorrow I seek the Flame - Rumi

Marlboromember
180 posts

Posted:
Sup Cartoonclouds,I'm from St.Annes, not far from you. I don't know of any clubs around, but if you fancy getting together some time drop me an email.Avenham Park?I became a fire-child 2 days ago, just when I thought poi couldn't get much better, BOOOSHKA!! It goes and breaks another boundary! Ya gotta love it, M:-)~~

We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold.

Page: