Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > double windmill.... little help here people!

Login/Join to Participate

cyberspinmember
21 posts

Posted:
hi guys

i went to mots site for extra poi lessons, (very good if i may add, www.firetwirlers.com) and i saw the double windmill being performed. i have had a search here and cant find anythying, i find mots video excelent but the discription of how to do it confusing!

any ideas?

Better to reign in hell than serve in heaven (John Milton)I am the answer to all questions and cause of all problems!

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
try searching for 4 beat windmill, i think this is the move you mean.. there will be lots on this forum not sure if there is lessons on the lessons page...

but its basically a similar sort of hand action to 5 beat weave...

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
I think essentially what you're thinking about is shown on the lessons page here on this site, only in corkscrew form. Check out the "triple/quad corksrew" and just bring it up into a windmill, and yeah, its basically the five beat in respect to hand movement. Fun move, in the corksrew form you can twirl/pivot around while doing it. although that can make you kind of dizzy You can spin around with the windmill too, though it turns briefly into a weave just held up high by your head as you rotate.

cyberspinmember
21 posts

Posted:
thanx, i have just cracked the quad corkscrew, next step double windmill!

did any of you check out the link?

Better to reign in hell than serve in heaven (John Milton)I am the answer to all questions and cause of all problems!

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
yea ive been to that site, the animations are cool, the descriptions lacking, but still cool...
im in the process of learning carry over things as on that site, and the 'kungfu move'..

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
Hiya all
cyber - thanks for the free advertisment The whole firetwirler thing is a site of a freind o mine, I'm only responsible for the poi pages, anything blue, purple and white really There rest is all another guys...

Still working on the descriptions, I've always thought is was so difficult to put the moves down in text without sounding like a quantum physician Trying my best to keep it all in easy to understand language. The vids are more just to give you an idea and then work it out for yourself kinda thing. The names are also in the same buzz to stay away from the tecnical blah.. All just kinda nicknames. Anyone got any suggestions for descriptions? I'll be happy to hear.... But once again stay away from the , left-hand-first-beat-down-tuck-through-right-hand-second-beat-on-upswing stuff, it does'nt get the beginers anywhere, and if your more experienced you'll figure it out anyway.

Cracked that double windmill yet? Anyway cya all around,
Mot

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

poikidBRONZE Member
68 posts

Posted:
hey dude i'm probably a bit late but just incase you havent really figured out that double windmill or 4 beat or whatever the heck peoples call it , i find the easiest way to do it is just (this is if your going forwards), is when your about to swing your right string back infront just slam it onto the bottom of the left hand (like where all those ugly blue veins are) and then swing your left hand over the head and slam the right hand onto the top of the left one. and then reverse... i find it easier to have them touching. if i'm too late or it helps or whatever thats just *my* easiest way. right on dude!

In order to achieve what most people cant, you must do what most people wont

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
Keep the front of your wrists touching while you do it, be prepared to tangle while you learn. It's a move where you shouldn't think too much, most discriptions make it twice as hard as it is in reality. Get some sock poi and fling them around until it comes.

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

POI BOY JNRmember
2 posts

Posted:
heya everyone
ive been poi'ing for some time now and i like the tricks which u can go from forwards to backwards (like windmill, corkskrew and stuff)
can someone tell me one of the best poi sites around
thanks
POI BOY

cyberspinmember
21 posts

Posted:
Thanks MOT!

Not cracked it yet but i think the ideas people are giving are realy going to help!

How long have you been doing poi for mot?
You introduced so many new moves for me that i didnt know existed! (gets a bit jelous of mot's expertise)

it feels strange doing just a normal corkscrew after the quad, the quad feels lovely and smooth and looks amazing with beaming poi, even though the first time i cracked myself in the head, oh well aslon it wasnt my face!

Thank you guys

ps
Poi boy check the link man! x

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the kind words cyber, but I'm still pretty middle of the road in comparison to some of the heads hanging around here, You should check out the text tricks for some really hardcore stuff. I'm just trying to get a few more vids out there for the people who dont have anyone to learn from. Anyway, er the link.... Theres a ) too many at the end which makes the link not work. Try here...
Mots poi pages
Mots trick list
And poi boy, your already on pretty much the best poi site there is, so if I were you, I'd look no further. But if you want to see another trick or two on vids, try my page. Anyway good luck with the windmill thingy cyber,
Talk to ya's soon,
Mot.

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

mosesmember
30 posts

Posted:
i'm gonna have to try this (if it's different from the 5bt windmill that is)

..::Spiral Out:Keep Going::..