BlackFireJackmember
167 posts

Posted:
I'm playing around with the idea of hyperloop fountains at the moment and wondered if anyone had some good ideas....

I like Fire.. :)

DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
yup.
first tho do you mean buzzsaw fountain(easier i think) or outside fountain..?

i go into both the same way as into a tangle buzzsaw., then do the whole counting thing... you know how normally in a tangle buzzsaw you have to come out on the 3 or 5(or 7,9etc). if you come out on the 4 or 6 it stays tangled, you get to do the fountain, but then you have to get back into the buzzsaw on the right beat as well(much harder...).

that was hte outside fountain.

buzzsaw one is this: go inside into the tangle buzzsaw(should point out i do all of these in reverse for preference...)then again on the even beat start doing 'buzzfount' turning against the direction of the movenment bringing you into the tangle buzzsaw....

clear? thought not....

sorry for poor descriptions.... if i get some smoothness soon i will get htem to y'all soon i promise(heard that one before tho)

working on tangle buzzsaw isolations at the mo.... lovely when they work.... looks like the simplest fuckup ever when they don't

Love
R

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

BlackFireJackmember
167 posts

Posted:
thanks Bluecat....I been working on tangeled buzzsaw turns lately so I knew there was a way to do a fountain..... .....
hadent thought of an outside one but it makes sense what you described.....

and the 'tangle buzzsaw isolations' sounds nice.....put it in the back of my head till next year ...

BlackFireJackmember
167 posts

Posted:
not much to add.....
just wanted to say that i did my first ever hyperloop fountain today....and it feel preeeetty good
was a tangeled buzzsaw one.........
not sure how it happened but it did....
Wooohoooo...........

DTKBmember
54 posts

Posted:
Help.

I don't know what a tangled buzzsaw is, or a fountain!! I have only recently learned the buzzsaw, is this the same thing???

Any patience for me?

DTKB

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, But by the moments that take our breath away.

ChorinBRONZE Member
217 posts

Posted:
DTKB I'm with you on not being sure what a fountain is. but try using the search function, theres quite a few threads explaining them. I've read em but still not quite sure tho the idea is there.

Dilbert's Words of Wisdom -
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow is not looking good either!
You are slower than a herd of turtles stampedeing through peanut butter!

Oh yeah.... Don't tell the ants

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
what's a fountain?! that's quite a question

used to be a little bit of a sticking point around here that one which is why your search probably just confused you. there are upper and lower fountains but the one being talked about here is a full fountain (with clever bits added to make it really hard).

anyway, if you go here and click on the 'Clubswinging with Sharon and Kati' link there is a nice video explanation of a 12 point fountain (albeit with clubs but you should get the idea). ignore the big numbers and count it for yourself.

tangled buzzsws you can find out about by searching for 'hyperloop' or 'jedi' and checking those threads out.

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
Chorin, did you watch the hyperloop video? A movie is worth a million words. you will need the divx codec to view it www.divx.com

here is the video link

https://www.flamingsphere.homestead.com/files/DanHyperloops1_NEW.avi

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

ChorinBRONZE Member
217 posts

Posted:
Santana I watched the clip, very cool by the way and I understand what a hyperloop is (I can nearly do one myself v proud of me)
at the time of the post i didn't quite get what a fountain was but I think I do now.. it's basically were you transfer a move from forwards to reverse in the same plane i.e. a forward weave on the left to reverse weave on the right but doing it all in front of you. Please correct me if I'm wrong

Dilbert's Words of Wisdom -
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow is not looking good either!
You are slower than a herd of turtles stampedeing through peanut butter!

Oh yeah.... Don't tell the ants

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Chorin:
it's basically were you transfer a move from forwards to reverse in the same plane i.e. a forward weave on the left to reverse weave on the right but doing it all in front of you.
thats part of it. if you do what you described above, using a 2bt weave and use a half circle (or 'carry') in front of you to get back to where you started, you are doing a low fountain (or what is often referred to as a 'front waistwrap').

a full fountain continues from the move you described and goes up and over your head to get back to your start position. all the while you are tracing out a large circle in front of you (in the wallplane with your chest @ the centre).
it's pretty simple when you see someone doing one but is a bit niggly to try and describe.

try searching on 'waistwrap' if you want some better descriptions. or ask someone nice with a website to sort you out a video

[ 28. March 2003, 03:37: Message edited by: coleman ]

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the link to the club fountain movie. Just learned the fountain with poi from it

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
no problem

as an aside, you can get an extra 4 beats into a fountain by adding a windmill @ 12 o'clock and a low windmill @ 6.
you get more on the sides by you wrapping your wrists.

however, be warned; doing either of these things makes it loads harder to keep your hands moving @ at a constant speed around the large circle (or maybe its not and i'm just crap at these!).

still not attempting the hyperlooped version - where do you get all that momentum (and if anyone mentions 'bouncing' i'll cry)?!

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

tenticleenthusiast
275 posts

Posted:
What do you call a fountain that dosn't do the windmill bit? The last two beats stay behind your head. Kind of like doing a 360' turn while doing a 5 beat weave, only you stand wall plane and dont turn. (at least, I think it is... can't count how many beats it does behind my back)

--Ben

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
er... i call that a fountain too!

i'm pretty sure we don't want to start off this debate again tenticle.
i'll just get very and start trying to count beats or something equally baffling

i think it may well be arbitrary now whether or not a basic fountain has beats behind your head (a windmill).
i reckon with or without, they're both versions of the classic fountain, just with a different number of beats.

as this thread alone shows, the use of poi has widened the fountain into a whole family of moves rather than one specific cross-follow combination.

isolated buzzsaw fountains anyone...?

[edit: for spelling]

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
yup. 3 people in edinburgh now doing them quite sweetly.... you might even get some synchronicity @ bjc.....

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
I haven't done it, but how about throwing in a waistwrap hyperloop? Is a btb waistwrap hyperloop possible?

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!