Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > Odd (but awesome) beat move

Login/Join to Participate

MeneeococoaGOLD Member
torn and bleeding warrior of love
133 posts

Posted:
Aight, this is another pretty tight move if you can get it right...it feels odd at first.
first, do a sideways weave (3 beats infront, 3 beats behind {also, start on your right shoulder}). When you are on the second beat infront of you, the left poi is about headhight and the right poi just passes at the bottom. Instead of takingthe pois back behind, take them both behind the left shoulder, causing 2 more beats. From that, just go back into the beginning of the weave. you can switch over to the left shoulder to begin with, which can look really really tight if u get it right. It should be 3 beats infront, 3 behind (right side), 2 infront, 2 behind (left side). Tell me if u can get it. Peace out

I need to find something witty for this so people like me...

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Congrats. You have invented the low fountain.

Now do a search and you'll see that if you stick a windmill in the middle of it you'll have a full fountain.

Also, keep in mind that the "Poi Moves" thread is so chock full of goodness that, since you're newish here, you'd be silly not to look through some old posts. I do it every now and then and still find stuff that I missed.

Keep practicin' and in a week or two you'll be better than me.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

MeneeococoaGOLD Member
133 posts

Posted:
ooh...aight thanx man. I keep figurin out moves and ppl provin me wrong..i need to find one no one has ever done before then be like "Ha! I'm right this time!"

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
ok, maybe theres something in that???

maybe poi is not a competition.

Maybe for some people the point is not to find new move, nore to find moves that no-one else has spun, but to find yourself.

Maybe you have nothing to prove to anyone, except yourself.
and you have nothing to prove to yourself.
But to love yourself and to understand that you we created perfect.

You have been right every time, no one has ever swung any of those moves before, because even if they used your poi, they did not use your body, that makes it a different move.

Enjoy the path
Glass
__
be

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Then how do we know if we've won?

Damn tree huggin commie hippies. It's downright unamerican.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
glass! what a post! ur my hero! the challenges of twirling aren't just physical.

verily.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

MeneeococoaGOLD Member
133 posts

Posted:
No, it's not that i want t prove anything, i just want to take things to the next level and go to my full potential...meaning i have to go to and beyond everything else everyone else has done...

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
IMHO Rava, UR full potential has nothing to do with what anyone else is doing.

If your trying to be better than everyone else, if you are trying to have more moves than everyone else. You will never make it.
If you can enjoy your spinning, and enjoy every mistake you make, every time you hit yourself as much as every time you do a 2 beat weave, as much as every time you invent a new move, then you have a chance to reach your full potential, to be better tha even you ever dreamed you could be.

One day I might make it there.
One day I might meet you there.

NYC You'll find all the answer in the International Rulebook of Poi swinging(US edition), which clearly states that the winner is ASDRYNSDYga\ouiyp {message error}

[ 15 October 2002, 10:55: Message edited by: glass ]

MeneeococoaGOLD Member
133 posts

Posted:
I see what you all are saying, and i agree, i think i just kinda expressed it in a different way than i wanted to. But as for enjoying getting hit...i've been hit pretty hard in some very non-wantable areas to be hit... Anyways...I just love me and i love you all! I think that was my central impression throughout this entire post...

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
everything's a new move to me, as I haven't done it before. So I'm always smiling when I'm spinning

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank