PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I am packing up for a full show today and I got to thinking, which as you all might have guessed is pretty darn dangerous for me to do. Anyway, a few months ago I was pulled over on my way home from a gathering for this freaky speeding incedent and one of the cops decided to question me about the fire gear in my car. While these things are perfectly normal to us, can you imagine what we must look like to others hauling this shit about?Cop: "Excuse me, what is with all the fuel and chains in your car."What we could say..."I am into pyrotica. That is being a dominatrix/-or that uses fire and bondage together" but what we really say...Us: "I'm a fire performer. I dance with fire on chains, sticks and I eat and breathe fire."Cop: "Uh-huh. Have you been drinking?"What we'd want to say: "Well Duh. I don't have Kero breathe for no good reason!! Got a match? Step closer and I will show you!" but what we really should say is...Us: "No really officer, would you to see photo's or my insurance papers?"Which still ends up with...Cop: "Are you getting smart with me. Please step out of the car..."Along the same lines, I was loading my car and I noticed the actual fuels I have in the trunk...white gas (a fire eating trick I do), kerosene (spinning), lamp oil (breathing), rubbing alcohol (a crowd gathering trick) and high proof alcohol and lighter fluid (both for fire eating tricks...see why I know so much about fuels? wink). I also have a fire extinguisher which has contents under pressure and will explode if exposed to extreme heat or pressure. Now picture this, what happens if we get into (god forbid) a car accident? shocked I told my safety if we get rearended and if she is able to, haul ass away from the car in case it explodes!Other than that did you know it takes 2 inch cubes of chicken 1 hour to burn to pitch black in oil on medium heat on a stove. After that it actually starts to break down and "melt" (it's for an illusion I do). grinTold you I am dangerous when I start thinking! tongue------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com[This message has been edited by Pele (edited 04 August 2001).]

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
there should be women like you on this planet.."S"------------------"When a Man Lies He Murders Some Part of the World These Are the PaleDeaths Which Men Miscall Their Lives All this I Cannot Bear to Witness Any Longer Cannot the Kingdom of Salvation Take Me Home"

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

Pele'sWhippingBoymember
442 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally quoted by Supermanthere should be women like you on this planet..
Uh, what planet do you think she's on?------------------"Except for that Mrs. Lincoln, How did you like the play?"Pyromorph - Let the fire change you

FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB.

English? Who needs that? I'm never going to England. - Homer Jay Simpson

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
I think if she had here choice, shed be from that Amazon Planet that the 3 stooges went to. grin "S"------------------"When a Man Lies He Murders Some Part of the World These Are the PaleDeaths Which Men Miscall Their Lives All this I Cannot Bear to Witness Any Longer Cannot the Kingdom of Salvation Take Me Home"

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain