PeDeymember
189 posts

Posted:
there only seems to be 2 threads atached to this subject??!! has any one mastered it and could they give me a few pointesr to do it, I've got them switching from right to keft with the pointy finger leading. but how do you get them swinging on oposite sides to start with. I know you have to wrap one over to get the extra beat but it just doesn't look right???? is it the same as the same as a normal weave or is different?
hope someone can help

Spike

ask yourself this??.......... When was the last time you dug a hole you could be proud of???
answers on a post card

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
Alright, I can do something, though I hesitate to call it a one handed weave. I start by simply going from side to side in a weave like patter but simply trying to get both of my chains parallel. Than when they kind of areI start doing exagerated hand moves to get them to twirl seperately and I pick up the tempo.

Are you supposed to go really fast with the one handed weave or is it something you can do while going slower? If I go slow one always looses it's momentum an dies. Plus I have no idea what this thing I'm doing actually looks like and if it resembles in the slightest a weave.

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Pick up a staff, the movements are the same.

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
I found its easier to start with a onehanded corkscrew kinda move, & with shorter chains if possible. I cheated when I first started by doing this:

loop one poi around your thumb (or thumb and pointer finger if it feels more secure) and one around your ring and middle finger.

Hold the end of one of the poi with your other hand until you have started the first poi moving in a circle, now let go of the second poi and start it swinging. That way you should have the split timing going.

You will have to keep you hand very open with the fingers almost splayed and draw circles with your hand really using your wrist. The first circle will be down low with your palm facing to the ground, then a circle above your head with your palm facing to the sky (similar to doing a corkscrew with a staff). Once you have got the feel of it, you should be able to do the split timing without holding back the one poi.

I haven't tried a one-handed weave yet, but that is my next step.

[ 16 May 2002, 11:51: Message edited by: Rozi ]

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
teehee, I have just found a great guide to the one-handed cork screw. Although it does show that I have been doing one bit wrong over all this time. See the demo and see if you can spot where I have stuffed up!!!

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...