Tikimember
44 posts

Posted:
Playing around earlier tonight I was doing crosses and did something that feels/looks neat, but I dunno if it has a name, or even really deserves one. Also what is a double cross-over? I've read that a few times on the boards.Alright the thing: It's a forward cross-over, then as my strings uncross and when I am on the downswing forward I throw my hands over my shoulders and it does a second cross-over but above my head this time and then uncrosses into another forward downswing.

1. CAUTION: Knife is very sharp. Keep out of children
2. A truly wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn.
3. Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn.

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
crossover...meaning you cross them in front of you like jumping rope??(figure 8's)i know when i spin in reverse same time..i throw my handsover my shoulders and doa figure 8 behind me..I think i am a little lost..sounds pretty cool if you are doing what i think you are doing..Super'

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

emptysetmember
98 posts

Posted:
very cool sounding move tiki, i must try it some time. sorry but i dont know what is the move you were asking about. superman- u might be a little confused here but then again i might be wrong too, the cross over and the figure 8 are 2 different moves. the main difference is that the figure 8 is in split swing and the cross over is not.if u want me to explain this in more detail i can------------------bring light into the night

Its all in good, clean, light producing fun.

s-p-l-a-tmember
383 posts

Posted:
yay..I know that move smile I learnt it ages ago after watching my bf do it several times. It's heaps of fun cause you can build speed pretty easy and its got a combination of big and small circles when its on fire.anyways.. have fun smile

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.- B.B.King

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
emptyset...help me out. i am a little lost. there are still names for moves i havent put together yet.."S"------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams"- Willy Wonka

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

emptysetmember
98 posts

Posted:
Arm cross: both strings are spining at your side in normal swing time. on the up swing cross your amrs so that the strings swing once on the oposite side there were one, after one beat uncross your hands to go back into the normal swingsAdvanced arm cross: this is for if u have short enough strings. swing the strings on either side of your in normal swing time bring start to bring them across on the upswing, but instead of crossing your arms let the strings swings on the inside of your arm (this should make the head on the strings swing right next to your chest)(Careful though, the few times iv make my self bleed it with this move. you can hityour selfin the chin very easily). onthe down swings bring the strings back to your side into normal swing.figure 8(ie 2 beat weave) this is a continous motion where one hand leads all the time. what differentiats (sp) this from the arm cross is that it is in split swing, and like the normal weave both strings alternate which side they're on (i hope this makes some sence, im bad at explaining things)Advanced figures 8s: 3,4,5 beats, i heard of people getting as many as 7 beats in on the weave. the human boy is the only limmit.My own combination of these moves: this was mentioned in a earlier thread. i call it the in and out. do a basic 3 beat weave, but instead of doing the normal hand motion on the left side (easiest for me) dont start leading with the left hand on the cross over onto the right side. instead space your hands apart and let the swing that usaully occures on the outside of your body occure between your arms in spit swings. the strings should natually come out of this and go easily back into the hand motions for the weave. ok if u even know what the hel im talking about right now, have attempted and succeeded is this poorly explained move and havnt feel asleep becuase of the amount of writing you can try the advanced in and out or the 4 beat in and out. the only differnce between the 3 ad 4 beat in and out is the weave your do it in. simple wrap your hands on the right let them unwrap on the left and make the in and out motion and go back into the 4 beat weave. this looks much more visually impressive becuase it essentuates the look of a whell spinning from one side of your body across the chest to the other side. this is mostly becuase of the added beats added by unwraping your hands on the left sidei hope to get some pictures of this to help in explination and maybe a video featuring that and other moves i have invented, but no promisses as of yet. well i hope i didnt make your eyes bleed with all this reading

Its all in good, clean, light producing fun.