N8member
336 posts

Posted:
My girlfriend and I are interested in learning as many doubles-moves as we can. There is a higher sense of passion for spinning when you can share your "center" with someone else. We can do this neat little trick where we hold eachother like in a hug but do the butterfly behind eachother's back, its a lovely little move that will definately make your onlookers smile.If any of you spinners know of other doubles tricks or could think of a few to try, let me know.------------------Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
N8...the hug of death....it's fun.Anyway...this topic has been addressed a couple times. If you use the little search button under the Reply big button it should be able to point you in the right direction.------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...[This message has been edited by Pele (edited 15 April 2001).]

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
thanks Lynnie. Found a few really cool ones

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

Drizzimember
2 posts

Posted:
Hey N8, I am going to have to gve you two thumbs up buddy. I ws definately amazed when you pulled off that move at the rave last saturday/sunday. All I remember is the crowds cheers and clapping in praise of this occassion. I salute you and laurie, haha. Someday when I get a little smaller I will be able to find someone I could pull off doubles moves with, well, I can dream can't I. Peace ------------------Live Life, Rave On Drizzi

Live Life, Rave On Drizzi

Girl From Marsmember
168 posts

Posted:
thanx drizzi for your salute to n8 and i. i was so wrapped up in the moment i really didn't even hear the crowd cheer. n8 that was so cool, it was such a rush. i hope we find more moves to learn and do together. pele i've heard much about you, i'm laurie, n8's girlfriend. to everyone: P.L.U.R------------------the music feeds my soul that glows and grows with every spin i take.

the music feeds my soul that glows and grows with every spin i take.

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
A PLUR reference on the POI board...interesting.Thats cool as hell N8, that your girl will do double moves with you. My fiance wont even get close to me when i spin because shes afraid she will get hit. I finally got her to try it once, and i taught her a corkscrew with short strings. She use to twirl batons and shit when she was younger so i think she has a good grasp on the movements. I think she would be pretty good with alot of pratice, but she wont. The Glowstick hit her elbow one time and she put them daon..hee heeShes one of those girls where if you toss a tennis ball at her underhanded, she will try to catch it with outstretched arms, palms facing away from her body, head turned, and eyes closed. Bless her heart, shes a chicken. But love her...Keep us informed on new Doubles you two pull off."S"------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
Did what Pele calls the "hug of death" (I don't like that name--fire can be scary, but firedancing is not morbid) in a performance on Saturday. Went off quite well, me kneeling on the ground and her standing. She and I only practiced for a few minutes a few days before. I gotta tell ya, though, having your face jammed right into your ex-wife's navel requires a special kind of self-discipline.Dangerboy had previously theorized that two people could do side-circles, approach each other, and create two side-butterflies. We tried that (during practice) but couldn't hold it for more than 4 beats before something went wrong and we got well tangled.Another friend showed me a variation where both people are standing; one does overhead butterflies alternating front and back, the other person does low butterflies alternating front and back.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Don't come after me for that name, it's a name someone of the California contingent coined and it's kinda stuck. tongueThe overhead one is interesting as well, though I have to add for all those staff spinners who think they are being left out...Prom and I do these moves with me doing poi and him doing staff. We also do it with us both short staff spinning. (He doesn't do poi)------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK