Forums > Social Chat

Login/Join to Participate
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 2,489    Replies: 8
"Hey Guys,hope everyone is ok and everything.anyway.I was watching a really crap action type film the other day and I was just about to turn it over when this woman,who had just beaten u..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,673    Replies: 7
"I followed the link that was posted under the thread "electric glowsticks" to the company that manufacters the Bladelights Pro Poi. I read that we were awaiting some modifications to be..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,050    Replies: 2
"Hey y'all, i just got home from spinning at a park near my house. What's cool about this park is that there's really long stretches of old stone wall about 3 ft high stretching out int..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,881    Replies: 35
"I've heard alot of trance in my days, but i know there is so much more out there.. Some of my favorite stuff is by Hallucinogen, Dj Irene, Dj Dero...I just wantto know some good stuff t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,578    Replies: 9
"Does anyone know if there is a Guild for POI/fire twirling?? I'd assume there is one for Circus related things, jugglers, etc. But has anyone heard of a POI Guild? If not...it would see..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,725    Replies: 3
"In Nottingham, where I live, it has a (well earned) reputation as *Ketamine City*. At the poi meet last night loads of K heads turned up and some of them were downright antisocial, sayi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,970    Replies: 10
"If you twirl poi are what are you? A poi-er? A twirler? Or some other agreed upon name that a newbie like me wouldn't know.I just wondered this because I saw another post refer to sp..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,672    Replies: 5
"I had the chance when I was in fifth grade to use them when my friend foreign exchange student dressed me in traditional garb, and I never thought about until I recently pulled out the ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,180    Replies: 13
"This summer, now that i can drive, im gonna take a few road trips, and go to some raves around the country...The only bad thing is, I DONT KNOW WHERE THAT MANY GOOD ONES GO ON AT!!! So..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,789    Replies: 10
"What is a CAT? 1. Cats do what they want. 2. They rarely listen to you. 3. They're totally unpredictable. 4. When you want to play, they want to be alone. 5. When you want to be alone, ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,644    Replies: 4
"What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,847    Replies: 3
"Hey all...againOwww, second post. I was wondering if anybody out there has any tricks thatthey do with poi in one hand and staff in the other. As of late, since myboyfriend and I made n..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,810    Replies: 7
"The other night, i was drinking milk.I said to myself, "Milk is good."Then i started to look at the container.I was fooling around with some glowsticks, and i dropped one inside of the ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,925    Replies: 4
"Can anyone give me any sugestions on how to make a good gripping device, aswell as any good way of attaching string to a glowstick?Attaching string to the glowstick i dont have a proble..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,275    Replies: 19
"Heheheh...Ok... this might be kinda stoopid.. but I figger I'll do it anyway 'coz it seems like it might be another fun "get to now your HOP'ers" thread...I check this site lots during ..."
Views: 1,428    Replies: 0
"I just discovered what the "Cross-Continental Relay" was..for all those who don't know..it's worth going to that message board and reading the 10 messages. EVERYONE should be a part o..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,759    Replies: 5
"after reading the recent post about fiytness i thuoght about this... the problem i have is that i use rather heavy poi (most likely cos they are homemade) but they weigh in at around 40..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,447    Replies: 4
"I just started to do poi and i don't understand how people are able to move so much when they're doing the weave. I always end up standing in place. Could someone tell me how this is d..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,400    Replies: 3
"BTB (behind the back) weave; ANY pointers? I am so stuck! Is this a really hard move, cause it feels as though it will take a little while longer to learn it."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,308    Replies: 28
"I have always loved dancing with glowsticks on strings, but I felt that I was always limited(I see now, by only my imagination) as to what I could do. That was until I discovered it's t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,885    Replies: 8
"hey all.ok - something I just read about the weave has led me to possible confusion.in weavemill, ppl are discussing 2:2 beat weave. is this the same as what is 3-beat weave in the inst..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,657    Replies: 14
"Here are some "electric glowsticks" that I've run across...http://www.glowin-a-fuseproductions.com/OnlineStore/awesome_new_toyz/2.htmhttp://www.glowin-a-fuseproductions.com/OnlineStore/..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,065    Replies: 9
"Just burned myself for the first time last night Just a little one, luckily, it kinda makes me wonder what other people have done to themselves. One more question for those of you wh..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,699    Replies: 6
"Oh, I'm just so happy about this one I just want to shout it from the rooftops.It's been bugging me for ages, but finally, after several weeks of no practice, and almost entirely by acc..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,185    Replies: 14
"this may settle the issue once and for all...my girl and i started doing poi around the same time, about a year ago. as a matter of fact, a year minus one week. anyway, at first i was..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,785    Replies: 10
"That was so awesome! I can't get over how cool frie looks/feels sounds. I love it! And I didnt even hit myself, which is always a plus. I can't wait to do it again, best feeling ever...."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,271    Replies: 17
"Hey All,somethings said about Tradition in fire twirling made me wonder...cuz as far as I know, in my area, fire poi (and serious fire twirling in general) is a relatively new thing, wh..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,091    Replies: 18
"ok we're moving this out of the polling thread..what do you do to stay in shape, either for poi or just in general?I do middleeastern dance which also involves a certain amount of yoga-..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,156    Replies: 8
"hey all! well im pretty new to this site and to poi in gerneral... only been spinning for like a week. why im posting is i was talking to my mom on the phone today and shes going to hav..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,963    Replies: 8
"I would like to ask everyone out there....Do you have any weird or unsual (to popular belief) habits that are a result of your twirling or spinning hobby?For instance..I carry my poi wi..."
Views: 2,145    Replies: 0
"I have created a mailing list for all twirlers and swirlers, *grin*, in Florida. This mailing list will be used to arrange meets or for any other purpose we figure out later. =)To subsc..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,899    Replies: 7
"I started spinning just about exactly seven days ago. So far I've gotten down most everything listed here on the site, and gotten down circular weaves and a double weave(Is that slow o..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,445    Replies: 1
"I was hoping to find people in the San Francisco bay area that wouldn't mind getting together. I just started swinging and its hard to learn without the help of others. So if you woul..."
Views: 1,167    Replies: 0
"hey i was wondering if you guys know of any movies that have any sort of twirling in them? i know mrs. conginiality does with the chick that does the fire staff.------------------the mu..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,937    Replies: 6
"ITS MY BIRTHDAY TOO!!!! im the ripe old age of......17........is that too old?"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,058    Replies: 16
"yes ladies and gentlemen, i am the ripe old age of 26 today...I thought id share my joy and my overwhelming bliss with my favorite internet people.I had aimed on today being my first da..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,966    Replies: 2
"Lynnie,The Martian and I were on our way back form a little vacation and we passed through your home town yesterday. We went right down the middle of north main. there were all these ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,210    Replies: 4
"<first topic on the BB.)welp, after readin article on the site about new ideas and thoughts, i went to sleep and got up in the morning with a great idea.i went to the shop and bought..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,649    Replies: 49
"I have a nameless kitten (he's so bloody adorable, hes black with a wee white tip on his tail)Help i need a name, whats a kitten without a name, poor wee thing he has no identity!So, an..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,008    Replies: 2
"yay! now folks can type in their more unusual fire toys (like flaming hula hoops) so that others with the same quirk can contact them a little easier. for me that is wonderful because i..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,256    Replies: 4
"Hello,I have put a video of me doing rocket poi on my website and after hearing about the name change of this site, someone said you might be interested in it.You can see it at this pag..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,501    Replies: 40
"So here in the little bip on the radar screen Rochester has the ten oclock news. I *never* watch the news because, well, it's depressing. However they do those blurbs in the beginning a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,194    Replies: 7
"When you are doing how do you spin it constantly infront of you. Have seen many people just passing from hand to hand and rotating their wrists on the way round like in the instructions..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,169    Replies: 2
"http://www.fantasya.net/galerie.php?ref=742&imgsection=1&page=2I was crusing around the net, as one does throughout a boring day at work and came across a fantasy artist names Jon K Hay..."
Views: 2,138    Replies: 0
"Hey all hows it? well we're looking for a flatmate so i thought id post an ad here, (hey y not it's free) so if theres any chch here that know any one wanting a place tell them to check..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,327    Replies: 2
"Hi!WARNING - This could be the most fun you have this year!In a stunning location in remote scotland the Cosmos Jugglers run a 5 day course in juggling, Fire swinging and uv techniques...."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,507    Replies: 9
"Wow. I haven't checked this site in a while. This new bulletin board thing is great. I got on this after Kathleen(protozoa?) kindly informed me this past weekend at Playa Del Fuego (..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,262    Replies: 23
"This was inspired by in a recent thread I said I enjoy reading comics and I received a couple of emails surprised about it, and I recently spoke in an email with Adam Rice about my hobb..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,406    Replies: 22
"Just wondering if any of you have noticed since you started playing with fire, your level of snobbery towards other spinners has increased, or even the amount of competition between you..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,280    Replies: 34
"Well N8 started the movie topic rolling and I thought I would continue and askWhat's your favourite reading literature?Favorite book?Favorite Author?The book I have most read is Wutheri..."

时事通讯

注册以获取最新的销售,新版本以及更多...