[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
yo,

a lot of civilian types ask me "Do you do kung foo or something?"

Now I dont, but I pinched a heap of moves offa bo-jitsu, the stick martial art.

I know there are wushu boys and stuff out there (maximus/bender) but who amongst us is a bona-fido fake martial-artist (or piss-artist) ?

Tom

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
Sorry bro, I'm the real deal. Close to getting my black belt in Tae Kwon Do.

DaiTenshi is same rank as I am in the same group as well.

If you're gonna fake it, might as well just join a group, ya know? I figure it's a great head start if nothing else.

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
LOl.... despite my 10 years of aikido i still do not think this is ever gonna help me with contact staff...

but yeah i do get a lot of questions about me being a martial artists from the way i move my body... of course practicing martial arts for a while changes the way you move but I really make a huge difference.

never had a chance to really apply any real moves but dying to meet up with kung fu artists to see get some inspiration and turn myself into a fake kung fu practitioner maybe ? I will never pretend that i do martial arts when i dance with a stick or poi though vcause that would be an insult to martial artists..

did I get carried away .... AGAIN ... ?

and as for being a piss-artist ... is that when you draw faces in the snow with your ... never mind

shine on
cass

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
ROFL @ Cass

that i gotta see!

T

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

Raphael96SILVER Member
old hand
899 posts

Posted:
This month is the 20th anniversary of when I first started fencing.

As the first anniversary of me starting poi comes up this september, I am still new to spinning.

I find the training that I have had makes it easy for me to pick up some spinning moves...sometimes I feel like a sponge.

Perhaps I'll find a way to do fire-rapier and combine both things.

Raph

DaiTenshimember
104 posts

Posted:
Oh but not just TKd my friends, oh heavens no ^_^

wrestled in high school, Brazillian Jujitsu for the past 3 years, on the Mixed Martial Arts Team, and jsut took up Judo (boring summer, not many classes offered, plus going to Japan in August, thought I'd try judo out here first to see if I'd pursue it there).

Anywho, I do not like people asking me if I know kung-fu or even when my friends who know me say something like "your kung-fu is strong"........ granted kung-fu is a bllanket term for countless Chinese styles, but I don't do them (though I do practice whip chain) and I jsut don't wanna have people comment on my kung-fu wh- this could become a rather long rant, so I'll jsut cut myself off here.

MA = life.

No one knows me like I do.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
i don't any more.

practiced ju-jitsu for four years but then had to go away to university so i never got the chance to train for my black belt.

my family still study and teach so i have a go at the weapons kata every now and again

i find myself thinking about tai chi more than any martial art nowdays. its just a matter of finding some extra time to study it...

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
Why should you join a group if your going to fake it?

Also if martial artists find it offensive because someone who doesn't do martial arts does martial arts while dancing then screw them. I hope they get so offended they turn red in the face because elitism is retarded.

Also I want to get into some sort of martial art but it's hard to make up my mind, mainly because theres no good schools in my area that teach what I want to do.

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
I used to do judo. In 1998, I went to the nationals. Mind you, I got my ass handed to me on a plate, but I still went.