299 posts

Posted:
Hellow Hackomaniac(s)

- NOT amused at all!!

Have NO time for silly games

Find it rather #+*~§!!!°^ ((insert)

If you are so interested in my little life have the f%$'*+#° GUts
#
If your ego is too fragile to get in touch with me to ask me personal questons then I'm sorry I've been wasting my time

Mé really really mad right now (will blow over like a nice summerstorm btw)

I have no time for this.

Off to eat the season 's last rhubarb/berry pie, then off to find a job.

(You know who u r)

Why?

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
huh? wassup? what happened when and why?

tell us, then we'll get at them too, otherwise we'll just be

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
I really don't understand why people bother you know.. it just shows how sad and pathetic people can be..

Don't let it bother you Gandhi.. the little mosquito will buzz off if you don't swat at it..

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Grrr - would you read your friends mail without them knowing? Disgusting that you have been hacked into Please share so we can kick their butts!!

Enjoy your rhubarb tart (with ice-cream? nyummy)

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
but we don't actually know who these people are and what they have supposidly done, other than the fact that they know who they are

Gandhi Ganjamastermember
299 posts

Posted:
Hey guys, don't really know who exactly the sad bum(s) is as i can't afford the thirtysome $ rightnow to get the program that can tell me and get the crap removed.

Have some pie, willya?

what - the mosquitoes that sit on you will fly away without drawing blood first?? where do you breed them?

Why?

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
want to tell us the exact problem so perhaps we can give some advice?

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
naa I just mean when they are buzzin round your head.. or is that wasps?

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
U sure it was not just one of those pop ups telling you your system was insecure and someone was hacking into your system and why not buy their software? I get those all the time headwrecking

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

Gandhi Ganjamastermember
299 posts

Posted:
Naa, at least one person is, I know that!!

been coming across too much stuff to tick it off under coinkidinky
plus my e-mail was hacked in and hi-jacked, BASTARDS!!!

Why?

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
change your passwords mate.
plus don't use the same one for everything.
try some eandom string of characters to minimise a dictinoary attack.
good luck

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
change your passwords mate.
plus don't use the same one for everything.
try some eandom string of characters to minimise a dictinoary attack.
good luck

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Latexmember
55 posts

Posted:
E-mail addresses can be hi-jacked with forged headers without them hacking into your account. Just because you got a return from sombody that looked like the orriginal came from you does not mean it did.

Gandhi Ganjamastermember
299 posts

Posted:
can't change the password cause the account got closed by yahoo on account of illegal activity.

bender - eandom string of characters to minimise a dictinoary attack - huuh??

Why?

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
random string of characters vlah vlah vlah..

bascially this means , close your eyes and, in word or some other word processing application, randomly hit ANY keys that leave a mark ont eh screen

e.g. '_3f+"

stuff like that..

a dictionary attack is when the hacker uses a program such as Cain or CrackerJack to repeatedly try all the words in the dictionary to see if you have chosen a word like that.

NOTHING is Fullproof.

a bruteforce attack is where the hacker (not really a hacker, but more of a cracker) will use a program that tries every single possible keyboard permutation there is up to a set ammount of characters, 6 is ususally teh minimum password length you have have.

hop ethat clears it all up.

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
And most of the time its not an actual person anymore anyway, its a whole pile of little hacking programs that have been set in motion.

Ganjamaster, I know you are annoyed at the moment, but there are a number of basic firewalls and 30 day free trialls available, howsabout finding some of them and installing them for the meantime.

Have a look here to get started Netguides free firewall page

PS $30 isn't that much money either, ust eat noodles for a week and you will have saved it up in food costs.

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Gandhi Ganjamastermember
299 posts

Posted:
Hey, thanks guys for the suggestions and education

Why?

KajiQuantum Theorist
564 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by MisStix*:
the little mosquito will buzz off if you don't swat at it..
But if you crush the little bastard he'll never come back.

Perhaps more apropriate: "Do not use canon to kill mosquito" although it is damn effective.

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird, now the world is weird and they take prozac to make it normal again.

Gandhi Ganjamastermember
299 posts

Posted:

Why?

Sakura_MoonHop's Kitten Jester.
1,803 posts

Posted:
I was just hacked...it sucked.
Someone got into my emial and booted me off, i went and changed my password and got back in, found my title had been changed to "i am a backstabbing b***h" someone called bluecrucifix@... with the title "sakura is a backstabbing b***h and by lord she will pay" they sent a a small list of mycontacts, a crying face smiley, and i asked what was going on, they said "bye bye baby"
then i got booted off again.
Changed my password and question, got back onto my account and found "i am a dummy" as my title.
I downloaded some new spyware and it hasnt happened for....about an hour now...
I can only hope...

.:Pink Exocutioner:.

I am Jack's Raging Bile Duct...

Loving you from the deepest part of my loins.

Hubert_CumberdaleSILVER Member
[psylocibin fingerbobe].
479 posts

Posted:
Get your machine scanned, and install a firewall. Zonealarm is pretty good (and free)

1,803 posts

Posted:
i ahve zonealarm...and quite a few others now

mycoBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,084 posts

Posted:
hey sakura, i got 2 emails sent to me from you (supposedly), but i haven't opened them because i know you've had probs in the past with viruses and stuff. did you send these and are they safe to open, or should i just delete them?

mtbeerGOLD Member
ARRRR!
529 posts

Posted:
It's sad that the only safe computers are ones that are never turned on. You would think that after all these years people would invent and proliferate hackproof protocols, Os's, E-mails, messengers, browsers, etc...

Oh well, if you can't beat them, join them and help encourage the evil empires that be to clean up their s**t!

"My skin is singed but it heals my heart and with glowing pride I'll wear my scars." -Davey Havok

1,803 posts

Posted:
One i sent is real - the first one.
The second one is the hacker sending it from my account telling everyone on my list that i'm trying to attack someone elses computer

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
sounds more like a trojan than a 'hacker'. Virus scanners, antispyware scanners, 'firewalls' (a word that is highly abused by companies selling crap) etc will very rarely detect trojans.

As this is the second time something like this has happened to your msn in the past month, you really need to be a lot more careful with the way you use your computer online. If not only for the other people you have contact with. If needs be do a complete reinstall, change ALL of your passwords (preferably a different password for each thing, at least 8 chars long, the best being ones where you sit at a computer with notepad open and see which random strings of text you can type fastest in a way which it's hard to watch (ie you do key presses with one hard under the other) then choose the best), create new accounts if need be, always stay up to date with latest patches/updates, use your firewall and finally NEVER, EVER, open attachements from someone you don't know and ONLY open non binary attachments from people you do. I never trust people I know to not have viruses, and whilst a minor inconvience that policy has over the years has worked (I've yet to see in 10 years of using the net an actual application spread around by email/im that is fun to run/not a trojan).

DragonFuryBRONZE Member
Draco Iracundia
784 posts

Posted:
also with changing your passwords, do it from a different computer, if they have managed to install something to get into your email in the first place, then there is most likely a key logger, which records everything you type and when you connect to the internet it sends them the new passwords.
also a good thing for passowrds is to think of a word like say water and then change letters in it to watar, so that it still makes some sense, so you can remember. Also add numbers in there, so say watar398. A brute force attack can take a long time to happen and the less the password looks like a real word the better.

Do we sleep when we die?

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
the method i suggested is far superior to that smile

Brute force isn't an option on all but the most poorly designed of systems (ie the CIA's central mainframe in a disney film), if we're talking anything sane here then you'll find your account giving a long delay between attempts and locked completely after a few thousand attempts. It is quite easy to create word lists though using a) all words with numbers on the end b) all words with vowels changed etc. The only 'secure' password is one which truely is random and can be typed in a way that people glancing over can't see easily (preferably a combination of very fast and hiding keypresses). Using a password that's easy for you to remember is inviting yourself to have it compromised.

DragonFuryBRONZE Member
Draco Iracundia
784 posts

Posted:
i wasn't going for a perfect password, just one that people are going to be able to remember but is somewhat sercure.

Do we sleep when we die?

1,803 posts

Posted:
*note*
will change password from bf's house.
Not a trojan, this is a person, capable of elaving me little messages, creating mutliple emails with my name in them, talking to me and threatening me.
I have a stupid amount of anti viruses and firewalls and all that.
This person is prob finished with me after he just sent eceryone on my contact list a nasty e mail about me.
I ahvea fair idea of who it is now...unfortunaetle there is nothing i can do,.
They live in france.

DragonFuryBRONZE Member
Draco Iracundia
784 posts

Posted:
if you can get some details with their IP on it, some form of log or anything. You can inform your ISP and their ISP and get their account deactivated. I've done this prevously. I had one person go thru three ISPs before they got the hint to leave me alone.

Do we sleep when we die?

Page: