Forums > Videos > My first attempt at a tutorial, butterfloop basics and advanced

Login/Join to Participate

Loki_the_tricksterSILVER Member
Has sharp edges
1,266 posts

Posted:
Hey folks, don't know why I haven't posted this here yet for some feedback or to just get it out there for people to learn from.

This is my first attempt at a tutorial and would like to know what folks think of it. Good, bad, indifferent....

My camera is not the greatest but it works well enough. When I uploaded it to youtube the advanced section got really dark for some reason, in the raw footage the lighting is fine. You can still get the idea of what the moves are though....anyways here it is....

Let me know what ya'll think...

My ADD makes it so that.....Ooooo SHINY.....wanna go ride bikes....wait....where am I.....

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
I got it off tribe (which will not let me join....) the other day.

I liked it a great deal. Different to most of the ones I have which are voice overs and tips and so on, but the instructions were clear and it gives me something to play with.

Your advanced tricks were a bit hard to make out, but the basic tut was good. smile

I would definitely get more if you made them.

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

StoutBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,872 posts

Posted:
Nice tutorial there Loki, easy to follow and entertaining to watch. The cigarette hanging out or your mouth was a nice touch that added an air of casual ambiance to the whole first section.

It's nice to see the actual moves but to names and concepts I've only read about..like Catterfloop. I can't say I like them but so what.

I do, however love the series at the end of the clip, ( some stand stuff ) where you're catching and flipping the heads off your hands...thanks for that.

astonSILVER Member
4,061 posts

Posted:
This stuff is hard. Pretty damned cool though. smile

Thanks again.

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
good effort on the tutorial smile

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

Loki_the_tricksterSILVER Member
Has sharp edges
1,266 posts

Posted:
Hey thanks folks smile

Yeah aston Tribe can be frustrating, it suffers from alot of down time but in the end if you can get on it is a great place to be and theres lots of good info, especially in the tech poi tribe wink Keep trying to get on wink

The camera I used is cheap but I just found a camera last night I will be able to borrow for a time, just have to drive a couple hours to get it, and I hope to have some nice clear footage sometime soon.

Stout thanks...The catterfloop is pretty useless and is only for the techies but the discovery of that move has led me to some great advances in tangle work, which I'll demonstrate in my next video effort. I've discovered that basically any move you can do untangled is possible tangled....More video soon to come!

My ADD makes it so that.....Ooooo SHINY.....wanna go ride bikes....wait....where am I.....

astonSILVER Member
4,061 posts

Posted:
I lurk every now and again, usually when I am reminded of its existance. tongue2

But yeah, if you have more ideas for techy tuts, bring them on.

This one was good. Also, on reflection, the second part is not as hard to see as I thought it was. I think it was just a bit darker, so I thought it should be or something. *shrugge*