Forums > Social Chat > Pin Collection - Help Wanted

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Mum has started collecting pins from across the world. The sad thing is is that she isn't physically going to places and getting them herself. She is asking her friends that travel and us when we travel to bring some back to her. She is calling it her 'Armchair' collection. She is adamant she won't ever get to go overseas as she is in her 50's and is a full-time teacher as well as a carer (not sole carer, as Dad and I help out) to my brother who has Cerebral Palsy. Despite me saying that age doesn't matter and telling her that she should just do it!

So I'm calling on my international (and national) HoPper friends to help a sister out and buy a pin from their local souvenir shop. You know the littles ones with the backings? They don't cost much. I would be happy to pay for postage and such.

It's her birthday in a few months and I would like to give her one, or a handful, or whatever I can muster up in time. It doesn't matter where you're from, anywhere is perfect. Your help would be truly appreciated.

So if you decide to help me out, let me know if you're going to get one or when you have purchased it and I will PM you with other details. I'm a little cautious about giving my address to people I don't know so this is more towards the HoPpers I do know.

Warm thanks
- Steph

EDITED_BY: roarfire (1220202586)

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
Now with extra strawberries
810 posts

Posted:
Hi Roarfire i would love to help.
But I'm afraid it would only be one from boring old Canberra smile
i'll see what i can find.

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Canberra is fine!! smile

georgemcBRONZE Member
Sitting down facing forward . . .
2,387 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: roarfireIt's her birthday in a few months ...
How long have we go Steph?? Not having started the new job yet I'm not sure of any schedules yet, but there's a good chance I could have a couple trips to the likes of Oman/Kuwait within a couple of months. Plus I guess NZ is overseas??

PM me your address - I don't have the access I used to have to find out for myself any more! grin

Written by: Doc Lightning talking about Marmite in Kichi's Intro thread

I have several large jars of the stuff. I actually like it... a little. And don't tell anyone I admitted to it.
grin

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Her birthday is in late November smile

A NZ pin is more than enough George. If only she had started collecting back in 06 when Dave and I were over your way. I would have got one! Don't worry too much about those other places yet hug

PM on it's way

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Geelong is probably a bit close, hey? tongue2

hug

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Nope, Geelong is fine smile

natasqiaddict
489 posts

Posted:
Where are you?
I think you should get her a map as well so she can mark all her pins' homes. smile

I'm in Bunno, though I guess Margaret River is kinda famouser.

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Can I be an idiot and ask what exactly are pins? Are they like a badge or more like a broach?

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

ChellySILVER Member
Niraffe
884 posts

Posted:
Hello. grin

I know you don't know me, but you does know my fraggle I suspect. Frequently stomping the boards in search of some poor unsuspecting individual to become the latest audience to his witty repartee.... lol2

Anyways, I'm in the north of Scotland, and i'd be willing to help, if you'd feel happier pm'ing your addy to Cantus rather than myself, that's cool. Or even Mr Bluecat, he's up our neck of the woods for a couple of days yet, I could get them to him for the posting...

Just an option.

hug

"Lots of beeping. And shaking and tinfoil." Chelly

"Are you sure it's a genuine test and not a robot heroin addict?" Cantus

---set free by the rather lovely FireTom---
--(right arm owned by Fyre)--

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Natasqi, I don't know where Brunno is sorry but I know Margaret River. It doesn't have to be specific though. Even one that says 'Perth' is fine smile And I'm in country Victoria, a couple of hours from Melbourne.

And Chelly, it's okay I know you, well, I know of you smile Let me know once you get it and I will send my address to you hug

And Pink, they are tiny brooch like things that often have say a picture of a landmark and the country name on it. I found some examples on google!

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Also apparently there is a way where the sender can organise for the reciever to pay for the postage? I'm not sure what that entails though, but otherwise I could use paypal.

Woo how exciting! Thankyou so much guys! ubbrollsmile

EDITED_BY: roarfire (1220269488)

natasqiaddict
489 posts

Posted:
Bunno is slang for Bunbury, two hours south of Perth. I'll see what I can do!

Just_Another_Clownold hand
965 posts

Posted:
I am sure I can send one over from UK for you missy. Will PM you when I get hold of nice 1. Hope all is well with you. smile

Q:"How many Jugglers Does it take to change a light bulb?"
A:"One, but another 99 others saying,'I could do that if I only practised more'" biggrin biggrin

Gate Keeper to Shocked_Prawn. None may pass.

Sir_Sheepold hand
725 posts

Posted:
Can send one from Coventry, UK. And am heading to Pembrokeshire (Wales) tomorrow so will keep an eye out smile

Spoiling Christmas for small children since 2003.

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Thankyou so much guys! I didn't expect this many people to offer! redface hug

georgemcBRONZE Member
2,387 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: roarfireThankyou so much guys! I didn't expect this many people to offer! redface hug
Ha - then you don't know HoP as well as I thought you would!! I'm surprised you haven't collapsed under the weight of all the pins sent to you! lol2 grouphug

I have several large jars of the stuff. I actually like it... a little. And don't tell anyone I admitted to it.
grin

georgemcBRONZE Member
2,387 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: roarfirePM on it's way
Did you send it already? I didn't get one yet... not that there's any rush - I will probably hold off sending to you to give time for the collection to grow - it'll cost the same to send a couple as one. grin ubbrollsmile

grin

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
I did send it. I got confused so I was hoping it went through. If not, some random has probably just been sent my address! eek lol2

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
You're going to get one from sunny Chester!

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
y'know, i think i have one from expo 88 here in bris lying around somewhere...i started a very short lived collection when i was a kid...i'll have a look for you hun! grin

lol2 i just had a quick look & found a few! not the expo one yet...it is either in one of my old jewellery boxes or stashed at my parents place...& as luck would have it, i'll be up there this weekend! grin

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Thankyou Pete!! grin

Hehe, love your work Gita! hug

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
Actually, if anyone else collects, and this is a bit off-topic, so I apologise, it could be interesting to set up an exchange. Send one from my home and you send me one from yours sort of thing.

Roarfire: I will look if I can find anything, but can not think of anywhere with some near here offhand.
EDITED_BY: aston (1220438649)

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

Hanzveteran
1,328 posts

Posted:
Are you living in the same place you have for the last few years? If so, im posaibly going to be nearby there soonish if i end up being one of the ones picking up some food stuffs.

Although i might be a LITTLE bit too close for your likings
EDITED_BY: Hanz (1220449111)

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
I know that she already has one from Bendigo. It's her hometown so she goes there fairly often. Thankyou so much for offering though! x

WiccanChicaThe wee little one on the block
147 posts

Posted:
I could send one, but it would be from boring Colorado. And, me being slow as I am, where are all these places? I know just the tri-state are from my house, so I'm confused about where in the world all these pins are being sent. ^_^

Much love to you and your mum! grouphug

My knight in shining armor turned out to be a loser in aluminum foil.

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
I got one...or three for you

I sent you a PM for your address but the new PM thing confuddles me so let me know if you didn't get it.

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
I got it Pink! How confusing is it?! laugh3

And WiccanChica one from Coloardo would be lovely!! Let me know when once you get it and I'll let you know my addresse.

smile bounce2 hug ubblove
EDITED_BY: roarfire (1220755039)

georgemcBRONZE Member
2,387 posts

Posted:
Ha ha - most of those places being discussed so far are in Australia, so "boring old Colorado" is probably of great interest to the Koala cuddlers! wink

ubbrollsmile

grin

WiccanChicaThe wee little one on the block
147 posts

Posted:
Oooh! That is bloody awesome!!! grin I'll get one as soon as possible, just need to figure out where, then we're set! hug

My knight in shining armor turned out to be a loser in aluminum foil.

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Geelong yielded nothing interesting... I'm in W/bool this week, though, so a Whaley one might be attainable.

hug

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Geelong will probably have some at the wool museum. Narana might as well. And there'd have to be some Cats ones somewhere.

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Page: