Forums > Social Chat > Now thats just plain dumb.

Login/Join to Participate

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
and the top 10 stupid instrustions on things are..

10) On several brands of christmas lights : For indoor and outdoor use only. (well where use could you use them?)

9)On Boots children's cough syrup: Do not drive or operate machinery after taking this medicine. (My 3 year old cousin will be so pissed off he cant use his arc welder and everything!)

8) On a bar of Dial Soap: Directions: Use like regular soap (and there was me trying to make it make a coffee)

7) On a range of frozen dinners: Surving sugestion: Defrost (wondered why it took me 3 hours to eat it...)

6) On Sainsburys Salmon loin: Warning: contains fish (no? really?)

5) On Sainsburys peanuts: Warning: may contain nuts (well, you would hope it would!)

4) On a Marks and Spencers bread pudding: Product might be hot after heating (And there was me thinking my microwave was broken..all the food came out hot..)

3) On an American Airlines packet of nuts: Instructions: Open packet, eat nuts. (oh...what, you mean they go in your mouth?)

2) On Tesco's tiramisu dessert (printed on the bottom): Do not turn upside down (well its a bit late now really...)

1) On Nytol sleeping tablets: Warning: may cause drowsiness (undrowsy sleeping tablets...thats a great idea!)

and some of my own..

on an iron: dont iron clothes whilst wearing them

on the bottom of every pack of chocolate celebrations: do not read this if box is open

on hairdryer instructions: do not use underwater.

On a childs Superman costume: Wearing this garment does not enable you to fly.

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
On an equally stupid note :

Went to a rave type thingy in holland where we all piled out onto a motorway in the middle of a friday afternoon. Blocked traffic all day. It was a very cool party, but....
It was meant as a protest to the polution caused by cars and the fact that not enough car pooling was happening. A noble cause. The festivaties consisted of four big old soundsystems pumpimg out funky sounds. Very cool. Unfortuantly big old soundsystems need big old power sources so they decicded to drag 4 big old trucks which they let run the whole day. Which was also pumping out something funky. They also caused one of the biggest traffic jams in some time. They really got one back for mother nature there, but it was a good day.

Also on the party note : On some history of trance CD, a sexy, profound voice over, "I dont like uncomfortable silences...." hmmm I dont like uncomfortable armchairs

As a kid wise words of warning from parent or teacher figures,
"Were you smoking in the hayshed....."
"Dont jump off the roof....." a personal favourite
"If he dosnt own up you will all be suspened for two days.." He did'nt, we were, and we all thought it was great. The crime in question was someone drawing a very nasty picture of one of the teachers on the toilet door. The diciplinary action suddenly spurred up alot of artistic sanitary endevours.

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
um....yeh..

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
On hairdryers it already does say do not use near water.

*wonders if some people get paid to write obvious stuff like that*

Then again, you know that someone will do that stuff on purpose, then sue the company saying that "Ohh! But it didn't say that on the box!"

Woo!HCH No 2
216 posts

Posted:
On Raid ant killer blocks, it declares that it 'KILLS BUGS DEAD'.. Which is daft in itself.. but then goes on to say that it only kills ants for 3 months after which they do what exactly?

My GF and I are looking for a new flat in Soton, and saw and advert which said:

'2 large bedrooms with access to the M27'

Access to an en suite would have been preferable.

BlackFireJackmember
167 posts

Posted:
Know it sounds really silly....But it's all about covering you ass these days....Not getting a law-suite from stupid people....

I like Fire.. :)