Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Southern Lights 2007 15-17th june (New Forest Fire Gathering)

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
I know! hug You're like, totally all growed up now and everything arn't you ?:D Can't wait. We will be organising a spin in Brighton before this anyway, so come down and see us yes? Will let you know once we sort it out hug

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Totally growed up and everything indeed! And I can drive-ish...

Second lesson this afternoon biggrin

I smell the beginnings of a convoy...

offtopic

Hows the new house?

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
Offtopic offshmoppic, so far we will all be able to drive but theres no cars no cars ubblol I'm not getting another one either...waaaay to much hassle with the last one, I am going to be depending on the kindness of strangers from now on smile

Back on topic: I can feel in my bones that southern lights is going to be good, excellent name, very good chi. biggrin

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Oo yes I forgot the little beast got scraped! frown
I'll have had 28 lessons by the end of may..gives me 15 days to pass my test..and mum is providing me with a cheap 'throw-away' car sometime soon, so I may be driving up and brighton is convieniently en-route biggrin

Having said that I'm probably going to be one of these people that takes 3 years to pass rolleyes

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
i took 2 attempts to pass buttdidn't have any lessons in between.

ok people ifyou want to help with workshops etc please either sendus an e-mail

southern-lights@flamefireshows.com

or tell us what workshop you are willing to help with or want to see HERE on our workshop forum

it may meander off topic occasionally but hey we're all used to that ubblol

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
Ive already said on FLAME that I will help out if I make it (blatantly will). But remember: lazy...short attention span... F F F. biggrin

MikefromGlosSILVER Member
Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
WEll somones already doing a devil stick workshop so i cant offer that lol... And i am no good at poi or anything else lol

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
you are more than welcome to help out wink the guy doing the workshop has been press ganged into it as he is supposed to organising the workshop timetable and is the only person we knew who did devil stick ubblol

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

sichaineyBRONZE Member
enthusiast
242 posts

Posted:
Well its only took me 4 Years!!! to sort my homeofpoi password out! anyways I will definatly be going

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
I just got my ticket - two weekends before my birthday - might as well start celebrating then.. woo hoo.

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
le *bump*

MikefromGlosSILVER Member
Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
well i do devilstick lol... if i get there i will def do a workshop on it for u if that makes ur life easyer mynci....

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing

sichaineyBRONZE Member
enthusiast
242 posts

Posted:
******UPDATE*******
It looks like weve landed ourself a Psy-Trance dj for the night in the open field providing it doesnt p*ss down.
And so far ive got to say going by tickets sales its proving that females are far more organised than us men! with all tickets so far purchased by the ladies....Get in!!!

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
ubblol

sichaineyBRONZE Member
enthusiast
242 posts

Posted:
******UPDATE*******
Were looking at getting some permanent games onsite, so were after suggestions so we can sort them out with the budget.
Possible ideas

* Volley ball court (also can be used for devilstick STD Stick Toss of Death)
* Croquet (if thats how its spelt!?)
* Bowls

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
wink and juggle volley

and don't make it sound cool, I know your talking about jolly-stick ubblol

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
Oooh, well posh innit? ubblol

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
my friend shelly is coming with me.. yey!

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
cool bounce biggrin

right I have posted a preliminary workshop breakdown on the web pages now, I think there will be a couple of swaps otherwise I won't get a break on the sunday ubblol but if anybody wants to help with one of the workshops or has a better Idea send me a PM tongue

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
Is there an easy way to get from the train station to the venue? I've probably got a lift, but flakeability level is fairly high, so just want to know, just incase. biggrin

sichaineyBRONZE Member
enthusiast
242 posts

Posted:
I would say its around a mile, maybe a little more from the train station..... unless you go off road! then its proberly about 3/4 of a mile. Wouldnt recommend that tho you may get bitten by an adder or shunted from a deer!!

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
Ah, but is it a straight road or are there twists and turns? Is there the option of a bus? Is the road skateboard frindly? Is it uphill or downhill?

sichaineyBRONZE Member
enthusiast
242 posts

Posted:
the path you take is the classic L shape...end of the road then hanga right.... tell you what text lee when you get in and i will pick you up!

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
see aren't we nice wink

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
Awww shucks...thanks Guys hug biggrin

This tequila thingy has me well excited ubblol..and the fest itself too... wink

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
well we have confirmation from 2 Canadians now coming over to teach workshops.

Yoyo & Hoop, both very experienced I'll try and get some more news together, we had a meeting last night and all is going roughly to plan maybe getting a giant Jenga set as well for the sheer hell of it ubblol

I will put some pictures up soon of the site (stolen from google Earth so people can get an idea of the size of the site and it's location.

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
bounce Ooooh, Hoop!! biggrin

I will learn stick and hoop this year!

sichaineyBRONZE Member
enthusiast
242 posts

Posted:
The hoop girl and Yo-Yo boy are coming over from Canada...were lucky to get them because by all accounts they are extremely good!!!
The fire yo-yo will be on display to which sounds interesting!

We also have a 12 piece fire team coming down from Wales.... they mentioned a fire jousting display whilst riding fire unicycles!?
I have no idea!!!!???

sichaineyBRONZE Member
enthusiast
242 posts

Posted:
The hoop girl and Yo-Yo boy are coming over from Canada...were lucky to get them because by all accounts they are extremely good!!!
The fire yo-yo will be on display to which sounds interesting!

We also have a 12 piece fire team coming down from Wales.... they mentioned a fire jousting display whilst riding fire unicycles!?
I have no idea!!!!???

sichaineyBRONZE Member
enthusiast
242 posts

Posted:
Look so good I said it twice!?

Page: ...