KnoxiousGOLD Member
420 posts

Posted:
Hey everyone...
I'm absolutely gutted to say that I have misplaced (read lost) my precious Aerotech double staffs at the Exodus Festival that was just on in Tenterfield, NSW, Australia.

I last had them at the Wednesday night (kick ass!) party up at the Haicienda. I'd been playing with them and would have put them in their black slip bag and must have left them up there, not noticing them in the darkeness, as I left the party.

They are red/blue programmables that were left in a handmade black slip bag.

I am appealing to anyone who may have picked them up, or anybody who sees some crazy red/blue flashing staffs (there can only be a handful of them here in Oz) to please, please contact me on my mobile (0407) 963 954 or email me at knoxdave@yahoo.com.

Hoping that the world works its wonders of serendipity and synchronisation!

cheers,

Dave

ps Exodus was awesome, anyone make it down?

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Oh my god, that's such an incredibly massive fukker!
I'm not over Oz way till March, but I'll keep a lookout for them, not many Aerotechs outside of Europe it seems. You got the serial numbers to look out for, 'cos that way people could take a sneaky peek and see if they're yours.

Hope they come back to you. Fingers crossed

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Much sympathy Dave. I know what it's like to loose kit - but not something as special and spangly as your staffs!

I hope you find them...

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Thats shitty man...I will ask Kev if he has seen any floating around...I hope you find them buddy...Sorry we couldnt make your party by the way...we were sitting in the car all rearing to go and I discovered that I had lost my wallet. Had no gas...so therefore no party for us...But it was nice to be able to put a voice to the name!!! Im sure we will meet soon...take care.

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
oh shit.

Loosing 2 aerotechs, thats a real bummer.
Jeb, Ogre, Fairy Kat and now you.

good luck finding them.
You need 'em .

Drew

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Will keep an eye out for them on the w/e.

How long are they? And does the bag have any identifying features?

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

KnoxiousGOLD Member
420 posts

Posted:
Hola....
thanks for the vibes guys...
Stone - they're about 3ft long.
If they're turned off, they'll look like odd plastic staffs...not really meant for spinning during the day, not very exciting looking.
If they're turned on, they'll most probably be strobing red/blue (VERY hard to miss!).
The bag is black, purpose made, cut to the exact length of the staffs and has 2 pockets for the sticks. A bit non-descript but as I say, purpose made so kinda noticable just by that fact.

I'm crossing toes right now but hey! everything for a reason right?

take it easy y'all

Dave

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
boo hoo...

keep those fingers and toes crossed Dave... I'm sure they will turn up somewhere - we'll all keep an eye out for them around here - they do stand out, and as far as I know there are only a couple of other sets of them about... and in the meantime, if you need to borrow mine for any gigs around Brissie just let me know...

KnoxiousGOLD Member
420 posts

Posted:
Bec-
You are an absolute star!
Cheers

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Bad luck dave, i nearly lost my doubles after a heavy night with Jo so i know how you feel.

I would certainly get hold of the serial numbers, if you dont have them try contacting Phil as they may have logged em.

Best of luck, may anybody who trys to keep them and knows about this be smashed in the shins repeatedly.

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
yeah, bad shit man, hope they turn up.

N

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
fuck dave that sucks!

HUGZ from the other side

love and hugs
drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

KnoxiousGOLD Member
420 posts

Posted:
Howdy people....
thanks Tempest, got the seriel numbers
so there we have it - it's all in the lap of the gods now...
crossing legs now too
take it easy guys
dave

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
cheese futons

sorry...man...its a HUGE pain in the gleutieus maximus region when you lose stuff....let alone 2 things...let aloe let alone two aerotechs! sorry dude...it wasnt me!

ive been think ing about this recently actually....if someone does nick someones aerotechs..be it staff..balls or clubs...there apeears to be many problems..

1)the rretail value will be nothing...£5/10 perhaps
2)the thief wont know actually how much they cost
3)they are screwed when the batteries run out as its a nightmare to find a correct charger for them!
4)its such a closed market for them...you are more than likely to run into the person that bought them from the theif
5)when you are knee high to a grass hopper, you kanna see oot the window
6)the person that took them would never in a million...no...billion years work out how to use them...that combinataion of taps is still very confuzzling!
7)milk always tastes nicer warm or cold than at room temperature!

im off now to hide in a lamb's ear

[ 27. January 2003, 22:45: Message edited by: THE UNITED CHAINS OF FIRE ]

SmallBoy - xCarpal \'Tunnel
2,737 posts

Posted:
Big smiley THC soaked thoughts from London bud.
The art of getting wasted and waking up with all your stuff is officially a lost one.

Small Lardy Person In Disguise

Mineiromember
262 posts

Posted:
much sympathy dave.....

missing your and dmitris beautiful playing here in scotland......but steve is now in oz, i will try yto get a no for him...

Rob

brain replacement...anyone?

KnoxiousGOLD Member
420 posts

Posted:
Hey...cheers guys...
urm...ta UCOF...I'm taking that all as encouragement...right?

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
dude - how awful for you

I get in such a panic when I can't find my toys... and areotechs

have you posted this to australiens.net and oztrance.com forums? Someone there might be able to help you out. Also, you can send an email to the oztrance mailing list (separate to oztrance.com) - you'll find the links on how to subscribe to that list on australiens.net

yes, I'm a forum whore

good luck - I truly hope your toys get back to you.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

KnoxiousGOLD Member
420 posts

Posted:
Excellent strategy Flash Fire!

I'll get onto that right away!