Forums > Social Discussion > free partys/ possibly a little bit harsh

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
ok............ i'm not condoning this in any way, shape or form but the party i was going to go to this weekend but for some reasons the oganisers messed up but thats another story. once the party got going at a back up venue the morning of sunday this happened.......

*loud audio and violent images....no blood though kids ubblol

Loki_the_tricksterSILVER Member
Has sharp edges
1,266 posts

Posted:
Aaaaaw Rave!!!!! hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug That really sucks!!!!!! Damn pigs!!!!! Did you all save the generater? or did they steal it like they wanted to? I saw lots of spraying did you get hit with any? Did anyone get hurt? For a second I rejoiced when I saw a cop get sprayed by another cop but then I realized it was a party goer in a high-vis jacket

My ADD makes it so that.....Ooooo SHINY.....wanna go ride bikes....wait....where am I.....

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Loki_the_trickster

That really sucks!!!!!!

Yeah, that really sucks that the people just doing their job got mobbed like that.

Damned right they got out the pepper spray I reckon.

How stupid do you have to be to attack the police in a situation like that? You know they've got pepper spray and things'll only get ugly if you start kicking up a fuss, pushing into them and throwing things.
Everyone who did something other than sit back and let the organisers speak properly with the police = a bunch of muppets.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Has sharp edges
1,266 posts

Posted:
umm
so the police have the right to steal a generator? Those things cost loads of money and they were trying to walk off with it.....If I was there I would've tried to save the generater too. Thats what started the whole mess if you watch it. Yes the police have the authority to shut the party down but not to take expensive equipment, thier supposed to find out who it belongs to make them pack up and hand out the appropriate fines. So I guess what your saying Bov is its the cops job to steal? umm umm umm

My ADD makes it so that.....Ooooo SHINY.....wanna go ride bikes....wait....where am I.....

7,193 posts

Posted:
i'm not in anyway going to stand up for this, i would love to go into how shambolic the organisation of this weekend was becaund that could take a while ubblol the bloke in the hi viz jacket getting sprayed is webby (check the video he did of himself)

i put it all down to the venue, it was in no way suitible for a party to last 3 days......................one night maybe but not for the entire weekend.

one thing needed to be understood is the normal raver will try to protect the rig if things get to that stage,. what is shocking is the pace at which the situation errupts into a ruck

Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:

So I guess what your saying Bov is its the cops job to steal?

Confiscate, maybe. We have no idea what happened before the generator was seized, for all we know the police could have asked politely to get the whole thing shut down only to be told to go f**k themselves. Also, they could have just marched in and taken it.
Either way, do you really think they were trying to actually steal it as opposed to confiscating it to force people to shut everything down? There's no way they'd be able to get away with something like that.

Yes, they're expensive bits of kit, but the attempt to get it back shouldn't be a load of people jumping on the police, accompanied by a few thrown bottles, it should be a couple of spokespeople going over for a civil talk with the police.

The policeman who shoved the girl near the start was definately out of order, but I still can't believe everyone who mobbed them was so stupid.
In that situation, the police are always going to be able to escalate their response to higher than that of a load of underequipped people who've just been jumping around in a field, it's just bloody stupid to piss them off.
 Written by:

one thing needed to be understood is the normal raver will try to protect the rig if things get to that stage,. what is shocking is the pace at which the situation errupts into a ruck

In that case, I'm going to have to amend my earlier comment a bit...
normal ravers = a bunch of muppets.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
Ditto Bov!

Did those people have any right to be there? What was the venue? Did they have a licence?

If not, then it was not a 'free party' but an illigal one. The people should have been removed and the party shut down. The best way to shut the party down is to remove the power.

I 100% support what they did, and I can't see how they over acted at all.

And you say this went on for 3 days?! I guess thats why the Norfolk police made it in time ubblol

Why don't Farmers post videos showing the damage to land after these things? That is an outrage, not watching a group of people being made to follow the law.

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
I agree with Bov, a silly situation really....

Slightly heavy handed by the police but they aer doing there job, but very stupid reaction by the crowd....

As I figure with all things like this, you know when you have had your fun, when the police turn up, it is time to chill out and call it a day

Spokesman are the way forward, aren't they Mags wink with some chilled out crowd response

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
Agrees with Bov.

I'm really impressed with the restraint showed by the police, and the way in which they dealt with it.
50 or so pilled up drunk raver boys mobbing the police.
and it looks to me like there were no serious injuries. (yes I do see the guy with a split head, and the pepper spray,)
It looks like the police played it really cool, and didn't even draw truncheons.

Sure everyone loves a good party.

Loki:"so the police have the right to steal a generator?"
Yes of course. Don't you remember the Criminal "Justice" Bill !!
They have every legal right to confiscate the generator, and a lot more.

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
ditto
That situation was handled a lot better by the police than some i´ve seen.
Wasn´t massively impressed by the policeman who shoved the girl away at the beginning,but in all fairness she was trying to yank the generator out of his hands.

I can understand that we´re young and we want to party,but there are certain ways of going around it.

Ravehead you said the organisation went to pot on this party,and to be honest from the footage it does show.

I know you said it was a 3 day party,i don´t know how long it actually lasted,but to be honest i wouldn´t have expected it to last very long at all.

Personally i love going to a decent rave/free party.Especially in the summer months there´s nothing better than dancing till dawn in the open air.

Loki i´m actually offended by some of the things you have written.
Yes generators etc. are very expensive.
Yes i can understand that if you owned it you would want to protect it.
However......

If you use it at an illegal rave you must also be prepared for the consequences if it all goes wrong.

I also think...

"For a second I rejoiced when I saw a cop get sprayed by another cop but then I realized it was a party goer in a high-vis jacket "

...was perhaps a little uneccesary;
umm

I´ve been involved in the organisation of a couple ofparties like this,and yeah,friends have lost equipment in the past when it hasn´t been handled properly.
We´ve all learnt from that now,and take the necessaryprecautions so that the police don´t have to get involved.
And if they do turn up its normally handled fairly amicably.

devilRave on....just do it properly and don´t get angry at people for just doing there job-especially when its a hard job to do in the first place! wink devil

grouphug

jungleboymember
40 posts

Posted:
mmm v ugly, I think if I was at a party and saw this kind of atitude I would rethink my love of going for a doof. As partygoers (especially illegal ones) we should realise that there is a fair chance the cops will rock up. Do it and if you get away with it then great, but it is madness to argue with the police. I think it says more about the people at the party than the police.

Ofthen in a mob situation it is far more scary for the police and they naturally react to protect themselves first. I think there was probably more that preceded the police taking the generator like stuborn refusal to shut down. In these situations, like you other folk have already said, if it is a fair cop then pack up, chill out and go home to plan the next one a bit better.

A result of too many drugs I guess, hope i never encounter it.

Get up and dance like a maniac bounce

Has sharp edges
1,266 posts

Posted:
*sigh*

Ok lets see so I guess cops are soooo cool when they shove girls around Hmmmmmm abusing a woman, just doing his job, right got it
and spraying people who are standing around watching whats going on not participating but watching, 3/4 of the way through is when this happens, and they were like 8 to 10 feet away, Ahhhhh taking it out on the innocents around the action......doing thier job great it appears
and spraying a guy who is trying to help a person who is prone on the ground by trying to drag him out of harms way, again about 3/4 of the way through, oh these cops are masters of thier profession

Written by: Glass

Ummmmm not being British I'd have to say no I dont remember that wink
and my point by saying steal is that if someone takes something which doesn't belong to them without the permission of the owner THATS STEALING.....but oh yeah I forgot cops are above the law when it comes to such things......If it was a crime scene and not just a party then maybe I'd agree but to "confiscate" someones property after the music is obviously off and the genny doesnt need to be removed to me is taking something with no just cause and that means STEALING!!!!!! I have never hidden my hate for the cops, in here and other threads....and yes I even have family members who made the mistake and are on the force......so I stand by everything I've said......COPS SUCK!!!!!! IMHO

Written by: maus

My work here is done biggrin wink

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
"I forgot cops are above the law "

Cops are not above the law, they enforce the law.
That police man did shove the girl yes, but she was trying to grab the generator back.
When you are using equipmant like that for an illegal party the police have every right to take it!
They're hardly going to say "could you just turn it off please", becasue as soon as the pigs are gone the party goers will turn it back on again!.

We have no idea what happend about the generator before the dude started filming. For all we know there could have been a discussion between police and organisers, in which the owners of the electrical equipment refused to hand it over. We just don't know.

As for the people watching getting sprayed...
The police were asking people to move back. They wernt. So they had to do something. They were not innocent bystanders, they were people having a nose to see what was going on.

Loki, praps maybe you've had bad experiance with the police in the past. Maybe you hold a grudge, I don't know...but all I can see here is a bunch of men and women doing their job.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Glåss

They have every legal right to confiscate the generator, and a lot more.

yep frown

arrests, seizure of property and that kind of thing usually require a warrant.

but section 64 of the cja allows a police constable (backed up by a superintendent back at the station) to arrest people and seize vehicles and equipment if they fail to comply with directions to leave the party site (which is what section 63 is all about).

if the police visit the site and ask the organisers (or whoever they believe to be the organisers - ha!) to leave and they don't, the police can then shut the party down through seizure of equipment.

i don't like it much but it is clear and its the law - party organisers and goers should know this and do their best to work around it.

police rarely shut parties down unless they are concerned about safety or have had direct complaints from the landowner about trespass or from locals about noise.

if they want to shut a party down, they can and will and there's not much point trying to stop them by playing tug of war with the genny shrug

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:

Ok lets see so I guess cops are soooo cool when they shove girls around Hmmmmmm abusing a woman, just doing his job, right got it

Written by: Myself

The policeman who shoved the girl near the start was definately out of order

Maybe you havn't quite got it then eh?

What other options do you reckon the police have in that situation? If they leave the generator there, it's going to be running again as soon as their backs are turned.
Again, it's hardly being stolen - there's a world of difference between stealing something and confiscating it. Everything the police seize has to be logged, then it'll only be kept as long as it's needed as evidence - it's given straight back as soon as it's not needed anymore.
There's a vast amount of paperwork and the like to stop things just disappearing from the evidence locker - again, it's not stealing.

Written by:

I have never hidden my hate for the cops, in here and other threads....and yes I even have family members who made the mistake and are on the force......so I stand by everything I've said......COPS SUCK!!!!!! IMHO

Out of interest, is that something you could explain the reasons for? It might help me work out where your opinions are coming from.
Obviously, just say so if you'd rather not mention it.

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:

If it was a crime scene and not just a party then maybe I'd agree but to "confiscate" someones property after the music is obviously off and the genny doesnt need to be removed to me is taking something with no just cause and that means STEALING!!!!!!

It was a crime scene: They were breaking the law by being there. They were commiting a crime, and that was the scene of it, ego, it was a crime scene. rolleyes

Has sharp edges
1,266 posts

Posted:
 Written by: TheBovrilMonkey

What other options do you reckon the police have in that situation?

Ummmmmm
 Written by: Myself

Yes the police have the authority to shut the party down but not to take expensive equipment, thier supposed to find out who it belongs to make them pack up and hand out the appropriate fines.

Written by: TheBovrilMonkey

Out of interest, is that something you could explain the reasons for? It might help me work out where your opinions are coming from.
Obviously, just say so if you'd rather not mention it.

I've had many a bad expierience with pigs but for just a few of my reasonings check out my posts in

[Old link] or check out my first post in this thread [Old link] so yeah I still stand by my statements shrug

Has sharp edges
1,266 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Sym

If it was a crime scene and not just a party then maybe I'd agree but to "confiscate" someones property after the music is obviously off and the genny doesnt need to be removed to me is taking something with no just cause and that means STEALING!!!!!!

It was a crime scene: They were breaking the law by being there. They were commiting a crime, and that was the scene of it, ego, it was a crime scene. rolleyes

WOW tresspassing is now considered a "crime scene".....so when I walk across a front lawn, I mean "crime scene", thats not mine on my way to the store I guess I should have my posessions taken away and be pepper sprayed ..... Got ya I'll be sure to allways use the side walk because I wouldnt want "crime scenes" springing up all over town......because thats scary wink

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:

WOW tresspassing is now considered a "crime scene"

No, it's a crime. The place you do it is the scene of it so that is called the crime scene.

.....so when I walk across a front lawn, I mean "crime scene", thats not mine on my way to the store I guess I should have my posessions taken away and be pepper sprayed ..... Got ya I'll be sure to allways use the side walk because I wouldnt want "crime scenes" springing up all over town......because thats scary wink

Good to hear smile I doubt you would get possessions taken away and pepper sprayed unless you reacted against the police trying to remove you, the first thing they would do is ask you to move off the land that you had no right to be on. Then I'm sure they would do something to remove your reason for being there. If you reacted to that, I'm sure they would bring in more police who would try to remove you. If you started fighting back, I guess they would use something to stop you.

If you want to see this is action, you can take a look at the video above, apart from the first bit missing.

It's quite simple, and it's been a large part of the law for many years. Have a look at the Enclosures act and Kett's Rebellion - they are both old issues to do with public access to land.

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
personally i think its damn funny video ... im not going to comment on whether the police were justified in how they acted because the video has been edited so that skews it and doesnt show the whole story

did love the music though.....

back

7,193 posts

Posted:
from what i understand that video was shot on the sunday morning after two other venues had been used and shut down. it was also only a mile and a half from a place of dwelling.

the police are powerless to act if there is no official complaint of public nucense, they can monitor the event and pull over at will anyone leaving or entering the venue.

there is how ever this attitude around where its f*&k the law....this is wrong, things could of been sorted without the violence

Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:

Yes the police have the authority to shut the party down but not to take expensive equipment, thier supposed to find out who it belongs to make them pack up and hand out the appropriate fines.

How do you suggest they do that? Harsh language?
Again - we've not seen any of what happened between the police walking down a lane and them grabbing the generator, I'm willing to bet a hefty sum of money that they didn't just waltz in and take it.

I trust the police enough to assume they did as much as they could before taking the generator (which, to be fair, is the easiest way of shutting everything down quickly), you obviously assume they're just doing it to abuse their power and generally be complete gits.
Reading the other posts you mentioned, it's pretty clear that you're highly unlikely to agree with my views, and I certainly don't agree with yours.
I've made my points already and I'm going to call it a day here so I don't get drawn into another large arguement, I've had more than plenty of them on here and I don't need another - I'm set for just agreeing to disagree.

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:

Written by: maus

My work here is done biggrin wink

Loki thats an unbelievably juvenile attitude towards this discussion, i too said that the policeman shouldn´t have shoved the girl,but i also have the maturity to understand why, even if i don´t agree with it.

My comments were not meant as offensive towards any parties involved in this discussion,yourself included,and frankly i find it quite upsetting that you find pleasure in offending people you have never even had a conversation with.

RAVEHEAD- your comments have been fair, and in your last couple of posts very much just. I just think its a shame that other people cannot also express the same level of maturity that you have demonstrated.
You obviously love a good rave yourself,but yet are not blindsighted by social exceptance andsupposed "coolness".
And yes i very mch agree....things could´ve been sorted out without the violence,unfortunately this didnt happen.

Has sharp edges
1,266 posts

Posted:
*SIGH*

OK people here goes get ready to attack me for what will come out of my mouth next.....seems to be the theme here

Do I hate the pigs? yes

Will this change? Nope

Were the majority of my posts written here done so with sarcasm? ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!

Try going back and rereading them with a sense of humour and look for the sarcasm ....its there you just have to have a sense of humour to get it!!!!!

and pheasent plucker or as I will now call the offended cock.....I thought the sarcasm in what you quoted was sooo obvious shrug I guess it needs to be read by someone who isnt offended by the drop of a hat and who has a sense of humour

and did I honestly set out to offend anyone? NO!!!!!

That was never my intention and I find it rediculous that anything I've said has offended anyone.....It makes me laugh because there is so much more going on in this world that should be offending people not some stupid comments made by me because I'm anti-cop

I mean if I wanted I could start in on the people who instantly attacked me, if you look at my first post I was trying to be sympathetic to Rave and his friends, but why bother all that would be is argueing for argueings sake and I have better things to do wink

Oh and I modified my signiture so hopefully this wont happen again.....give you all a warning and such

biggrin biggrin biggrin Have a nice day biggrin biggrin biggrin wink

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
hmmm.

hate to say it loki, but u fit EXACTLY into evil clown wink, especially the last sentence. nana

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

Has sharp edges
1,266 posts

Posted:
umm

Really?

Written by: some web site

Evil Clown is very quick with a joke, but his jests always have a barb. He has little patience for in-depth discussions and will often disrupt exchanges between serious forum participants by introducing irrelevant topics, fatuous quips, and offhand comments. His greatest thrill is to taunt and humiliate weaker or more plodding Warriors with his snappy ripostes. Not a particularly powerful Warrior, Evil Clown will attempt to avoid defeat by accusing his attacker of having no sense of humor.

I think the title of this thread should be changed to the "The official HoP lets bash and hate Loki thread"

Here goes:

Lets see am I quick with a joke? yep cant help it if I have a quick wit

Are they always barbed? Not always but when they are sarcastic yes because thats the point of sarcasm wink

Little patience for in-depth bla bla bla......? Ummmm I've stayed on topic here and had plenty of in-depth and [Old link] conversations on these boards

Have I tried to taunt or humiliate others? umm can you show me how and where? The only time I've seen this occure in this thread is you calling me an Evil Clown

Accusing his attacker of having no sense of humour? Well the facts are what they are wink biggrin

and my last sentence puts me into this catagory? You mean "have a nice day" makes me an Evil Clown? WOW I should really stop saying that to people....here all this time I thought I was being polite by saying that!!!!!! redface

Whats that smell? *sniffs the air* Oh its SARCASM!!!!!! wink biggrin

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:

Little patience for in-depth bla bla bla......?

ubblol

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
I thought that too, but thought I'd be a good lurker and not say it ubblol

Plus, by his last sentence, he's being sarcastic when he said he thought he was being nice... using 'have a nice' day as a sarcastic insult's not very nice frown

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
I don't even know who's being sarcastic or not. I'm not even sure that sarcasm is the appropriate word. Maybe you mean ironic. Maybe something else. shrug

Regardless, I think it would be good if we just left loki in his own cop-hating world and got on with the business of laughing at hammered ravers. (Good luck guessing what tone of voice THAT was in... biggrin)

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
you know Mr Majestik i hate you - i think im going to waste the rest of the evening reading those definitions

back

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
 Written by: loki

and my last sentence puts me into this catagory? You mean "have a nice day"

ubblol no i meant the last sentence of the explanation silly! the:
 Written by: evil clown ep.

Not a particularly powerful Warrior, Evil Clown will attempt to avoid defeat by accusing his attacker of having no sense of humor.

becuase that was exatly what you were doing when i posted, basically your intire post was attacking other people for not having a sense of humour, which you graciously admit wink

and incase you thought i was actually being mean i put a " wink and nana " to point out i was being sarcastic, although judging by your reaction YOU are the one with no sense of humour and I am the evil clown. ubbloco

Written by: loki

Whats that smell? *sniffs the air* Oh its SARCASM!!!!!! wink biggrin

EXACTLY! wink

Written by: sethis

Regardless, I think it would be good if we just left loki in his own cop-hating world and got on with the business of laughing at hammered ravers. (Good luck guessing what tone of voice THAT was in... )

i vote for this motion to be passed!

Written by: linden

you know Mr Majestik i hate you - i think im going to waste the rest of the evening reading those definitions

ubblol biggrin he i think i just defused the situation, now we can all go and find out which incorrect stereotype we are! yay!

hug for loki first then hug s for everyone else.

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

Page: