SugarCoatedHellmember
33 posts

Posted:
Hi, I'm new to these forums. I've been spinning for a month and a half now and working with staff for 3 weeks. I love working with these toys, I've never had so much fun.

Anyways, to my point. I have been reading up and watching videos on the 7 beat reverse weave, but somehow the movement they do to make it an extra beat, where it wraps around your arm, then magically untangles in time, doesn't make sense to me. I was wondering if anyone here could break down how they taught themselves this arm wrap and unwrap thing to use in the 7 beat weave. I hope I'm being clear. ubbloco

Also, I've heard several explanations of these flowers, but never seen them done, or had it explained to me so I could get a basic idea. Forgive me if I'm just thick headed.

Anyways, what a great site, I love the free lessons and useful advice. Thanks you guys.

There are no witholding taxes on the wages of sin.
~ It ain't a sin to crack a few laws, just don't break them. ~
~ I lost my reputation young, and never missed it. ~
~ She's the kind of girl who climbed the ladder of success, wrong by wrong. ~

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
[Old link]
I should know... I live with him.

smile

SugarCoatedHellmember
33 posts

Posted:
Thank you for posting that site. I'm sure it will be helpful in the future, but sadly its not what I'm looking for.

I'm asking if it is possibal for someone to break down how they taught themselves reversed 7 beat, how they got around the arm wrap and put it together.

I also don't understand the basic flower movement, I'm sure if I did I could understand the site you reffered me to.

Edit: I think I know what they look like. Just circling everywhere but remaining in the front plane?

Thank you so much. smile
EDITED_BY: SugarCoatedHell (1133262933)

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
There is only one gerbil on crack... yet it is no gerbil

Written by: That "site" in my last post

FLOWERS

flowers are pretty. so is ICON.

[Old link]

flowers smell nice. so does ICON. mmmm yummy. [Old link]

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...liver pate. smile
EDITED_BY: UnbeatenChampionOfFighting (1133263156)

SugarCoatedHellmember
33 posts

Posted:
Aw, your so helpful. smile

Though I don't understand. The links don't work and I think your trying to tell me I'm a gerbil.

Forgive me, I think I need to go to bed. Thank you for the quick and would have been informative response, but I think there is something wrong with the links.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
[Old link]

[Old link]

Please note: I said Im a retard, not you. The links didnt work as I just cut and pasted, forgetting that when it is a long link, the board automatically shortens it. So I was telling you the wrong link each time. Sorry.

spank ? biggrin

SugarCoatedHellmember
33 posts

Posted:
Aw, thank you for all your help. Sorry I made it so difficult.

I still can't get 7 beat. Does anyone remember how they taught themselves the arm wrap thing? I think I'm just caught on the visual trick or something, because it makes no sense how someone could do that.

Its better to be looked over than overlooked. -Mae West

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Ive been spinning 4-5 years now, and I still dont do 7 beats AT ALL.
To be honest, I hardly ever even 5 beat now.
Anyway, the morale of this story, is that although lots of "newbies" believe that them learning a 7 beat is important, im sure many people here would agree with me and say that it is a pointless move.
IMHO, it doesnt move fluidly enough, is clunky and restricts your movement too much.

PK on the other, im sure would disagree.
But he is wierd. tongue

So, are you sure you *really* need/ want to learn it? umm

Never rub another man's rhubarb. -The Joker

SugarCoatedHellmember
33 posts

Posted:
I've heard its pointless before, I think because the crowd really cant tell much of a difference after 5 beats. Its a personal satasfaction thing.

A dame who knows the ropes ain't likely to get tied up.
-another Mae West

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Ok, in which case, heres the answer you were probably waiting for all this time....

arms cross over once at elbow, once at wrists, then 5 beat motion, drag across to other side, unwrap 5 beat, unwrap wrists, unwrap elbows, wrap elbows other way, wrap wrists other way, 5 beat motion the other way, drag across, etc, etc.

I was in the bath one day, when I realized why I was destined for greatness.- another Joker

AsenaGOLD Member
What a Bummer
3,224 posts

Posted:
I agree with jon, i've shown loads of my mates five beat and 3 beat weave, and they always say, ye, i cant see the difference, apart from you wrists wrap up.... and i was like..... o......

So for that I never learnt 7 beat.... just concentrated on my planes, and some demonic stalls and wraps to get from move to move in styyyyyyyleeee

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
5 beat is useful as it allows you to keep spinning when your arms are crossed over and you're leading with the "wrong" hand. But 7 beat is leading with the same hand as 3bt, just crossed in an uncomfortable manner ubblol

"Moo," said the happy cow.

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
5 beat is really useful, 7 beat not so sure but it probably has it's uses.

Essentially there are many more useful things to learn before a 7 beat weave.

m

Spherculism ~:~ The Act of becoming Spherculish.

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
like staff wink

Maybe I should change this too something abit nicer, humm no I still think your all Ccensoredt