Forums > Social Chat > Everything but a giant mechanical moogle...

Login/Join to Participate

FathomSILVER Member
103 posts

Posted:
I just recently had the pleasure of wathcing the new FF7 movie, Advent Children, and it has changed my life. Really. It definatly gets my vote for best picture of the year dispite the fact I couldn't understand a word of it. But then, i'm biased. Getting to see the charecters i'd sunk hundreds of hours of gameplay into in full CG was absolutly amazing.

Was anyone else as in awe of this as I?

Kangaroo Island eh? I hear that place is really hopping!

Red_RaveNGOLD Member
Neo - Hippie
358 posts

Posted:
dunno, was nicely made, great fight scenes, nice effect.. tho it lacked depth I'd say.. but it was maybe only me, I didn't know anything of the background..

Smile.. It confuses people..:)

Wonders never cease as long as you never cease to wonder.

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
I still really want to see it!

frown

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I haven't seen it...yet, but really want to. i remember spending 70 hours completing FF7 the first time at uni. go cloud!!!!

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
FF7 is da bomb! smile

Apparetnyl they're re releasing it with updated graphics and such.

Being a huge fanboy of the FF series, I can't wait smile

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

KaelGotRiceGOLD Member
Basu gasu bakuhatsu - because sometimes buses explode
1,584 posts

Posted:
You pretty much only get the movie if you've played the full game.

But if you haven't, then you just have to resort to looking at pretty pictures (fight scenes) wink

To do: More Firedrums 08 video?

Wildfire/US East coast fire footage

LA/EDC glow/fire footage

Fresno fire

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
oooh i'll get it then... I played through FF7 about 100 times. and got / completed all the others since. but it sucks your life ubblol

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

DominoSILVER Member
UnNatural Scientist - Currently working on a Breville-legged monkey
757 posts

Posted:
Is AC in English yet? How can I get hold of it?

Give me a lever long enough and a place to stand and I can beat the world into submission.

FathomSILVER Member
103 posts

Posted:
Im sure the movie wouldn't make a lot of since without background info White Raven, so you should grab a copy of the game and try it out.

I heard that theyre going to re-release the game with modern graphix soon too and I cant wait.

I downloaded a copy just for now and it wasnt subbed(but I have seen one that was)and I dont think its been released in english yet. But soon I hope.

Just_Another_Clownold hand
965 posts

Posted:
Advent Children Rules!

The movie is so good, and the fight scenes just made me *JAW DROPS*

Cid is the best as he does Staff!

Q:"How many Jugglers Does it take to change a light bulb?"
A:"One, but another 99 others saying,'I could do that if I only practised more'" biggrin biggrin

Gate Keeper to Shocked_Prawn. None may pass.

Sakura_MoonHop's Kitten Jester.
1,803 posts

Posted:
I really cant wait to see it!

.:Pink Exocutioner:.

I am Jack's Raging Bile Duct...

Loving you from the deepest part of my loins.

Lost83spyBRONZE Member
Out! Out! You demons of stupidity!
587 posts

Posted:
Hopefully JonnyRok is gona get it soon, in english, then I'll watch it with him. I'm dying to see it! Went to a game expo in October and they were going mad about it there.

I cant wait either!

It may be your sole purpose in life to serve as a warning to others

Founder and Official leader of the Curby Clan

*Owner of Brenn*

jeff(fake)Scientist of Fortune
1,189 posts

Posted:
Written by: Fathom

Was anyone else as in awe of this as I?

Well the fights kicked ass and the music rocked but there were far too many plot holes and it was much too shallow for me to call it a good movie.

Rufus's actions didn't really make much sense
"here, take this head, it'll make cool sh*t happen" (well, he didn't say it but why else would you give the head to that guy. Although who wouldn't, since you got to see Him again ubblove)

According to Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle of Quantum Dynamics, we may already be making love right now...

Red_RaveNGOLD Member
Neo - Hippie
358 posts

Posted:
Written by:

Im sure the movie wouldn't make a lot of since without background info White Raven, so you should grab a copy of the game and try it out.

umm. yes.. well this might be a problem since NOONE I know has ever SEEN any of the FF series.. which is quite sad coz I'd like to play those games very very much..: (

Smile.. It confuses people..:)

Wonders never cease as long as you never cease to wonder.

FathomSILVER Member
103 posts

Posted:
Written by: White RaveN

Written by:

umm. yes.. well this might be a problem since NOONE I know has ever SEEN any of the FF series.. which is quite sad coz I'd like to play those games very very much..: (

Im sorry. Id almost be willing to send you my copy.

Yuffie should have gotton more screen time. ubblove