Forums > Social Chat > Do you ever get the feeling that people don't understand you?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Today was yet another very slow day in work. As is the norm on days like this we ended up having a conversation about a stupid topic. I guess we do it just so as not to sit there in silence slowly going mad. We have discussed why belly button fluff in men is always blue, who would you want to be the last person you speak to before you die, the off side rule for football, ..... all kinds of stuff really.

Today the question was

'If you won the Lottery what would be the first thing you would buy with the winnings?'

As I don't play the Lottery it was a bit of a stupid question to ask me but I went with the flow. I said a tightrope rig or some Dura stilts or maybe some powerisers or I'd get some clever person (polarity) to build me an uber exciting LED hula hoop.

They all looked at me, tutted and turned back to the topic of which Manor or Castle they would buy..... I don't see why my choices were any more stupid than buying a huge house/castle that would cost a fortune, be very cold and drafty and probobly eat up all of any winnings you had in fuel bills! At least my choices were fun biggrin

I always end up feeling like the liberal, hippy, sideshow freak when we have chats like these ones.

Ah well!

*le sigh*

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
Not for that reason, but yes!

In fact a lot recently... Or maybe I just don't understand people?

Your choices are just as nutty as theirs... no worries biggrin
Can't figure why they're tutting, silly people, they must all have small d*)^%$ syndrome....
Why else would you want a castle or a manor, not that I wouldn't mind building myself a country estate but it would be useful and not very prestigious looking!

hug

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I'd certainly buy various toys with the first of a large lottery win.

Then I'd play with them while thinking over the details of the house I'd build - scooby doo style revolving bookcases take time to plan after all wink
I'd certainly not go out and buy the first castle I could find for sale. Yes, a lottery win is a fairly hefty chunk of money but it's nuts to spend a huge chunk of it in one go, you'd be better off investing it while you planned your really large purchases properly.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

dani_babybooSILVER Member
addict
667 posts

Posted:
yup no one ever understands me

relationships never last because im the mad clubbing bird that likes to meet up with random ppl and have a laugh and also they think spinning balls is weird... jus finding out this is deffo why my relationships fail as yet again it seems ive failed with them

and at work my boss and them think im strange because i go all night clubbibng sometimes all weekend, wear fluffy outfits and spin balls

but im me i dont want to change but i dont want to be weird and seen as mad either

enticed, entrapped, entombed.
intoxicated, impaled, ingested.
bewitched, beaten, broken.
enter the love realm...
insert ur token

o jej, ale bym ci wylizal ten pepek

stepped up promotions

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
LED HOOP biggrin biggrin biggrin

bounce

i hadn't even thought of that?! I NEED one bounce

And skully - you are a sideshow freak - get used to it wink ubblove

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Written by: Skulduggery

'If you won the Lottery what would be the first thing you would buy with the winnings?'

I said a tightrope rig or some Dura stilts or maybe some powerisers or I'd get some clever person (polarity) to build me an uber exciting LED hula hoop.

I would look at you strange too. But I generally do. wink I think the point of the lottery is that you'd buy something that you couldn't easily borrow from someone else.

You certainly don't have to win a lottery to try out a pair of stilts, powercizers or a tight rope!

I have access to a tight rope and powersizers and I own durastilts and an LED hoop and you can borrow them WHENEVER you want. biggrin All you have to do is kiss Claire. wink

Or, if you give me your winning lottery ticket, you can HAVE them. wink (And Claire for that matter.)

[Yes Fluffy, Molly gave me the coolest LED hoop in all the land and I love love love it. You do need one. biggrin ]

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
hug
know how you feel hon. I span in the back garden of the language school I'm studying at during lunchtime to blow off some steam and cos it was a gorgeous day.

Afterwards i got a comment from 40 something ex-army bloke on my course, 'the men in white coats are coming to take you away soon'
my reply was 'not again!'

I also got some applause from one of the students, which was nice.

but inside I couldn't help but feel they had all totally missed the point. My half hour spin was totally for my benefit only, for stress relief.

When people make comments like that it just makes me sigh as I think what a completely different and less spinning-obsessed planet they live on.

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
I still just want normal LED staffs....

But I totally want to see someone do LED hoop (I'm not good enough, and anyway I can't watch me)

That'd be such a great trip...

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
if i won the lottery..........i would like a plot of land in the middle of no where, a moderate yet comfy house. i would put on events (private partys) and buy a massive sound system smile

and you'd all be invited for milk and cookies

addict
667 posts

Posted:
i like the sound of that rave head

enter the love realm...
insert ur token

stepped up promotions

dizzybintmember
26 posts

Posted:
yep we re mad

i dont care

skully come and join my world i reckon i'm its founding member

whats wrong with having a set of poi in bag just in case?????????????????

hi

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
biggrin

I totally experiancee this everyday at my school. A total bummer.

Whilst they all want their Porches, I want a VW Kombi.

They want Rolexes, I want 'Techs.

*sigh*

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
i think everyone feels like this

the people who dont are probably delusional

personaly if i won the lottery i would probably instant blow a couple of grand in a book store, then a dvd place and a music place

then buy a load of junk for my mates and get outragiously drunk for a week or two before paying of student junk and being sensible (ish)

back

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
If I won more than a million pounds, I'd put it in an offshore account on 20% interest for the rest of my life.

Simple. biggrin

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
hee hee good plan

back

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
Written by: fluffy napalm fairy

And skully - you are a sideshow freak - get used to it wink ubblove

Couldn't have put it better myself! wink and thats what makes us love you, Skully - you're one of us! we're all freaks together!

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
No, we're not. I'm one of the normal ones! ubblol

Gayle.....!

Dr_MollyPooh-Bah
2,354 posts

Posted:
Written by: Kyrian

I still just want normal LED staffs....

But I totally want to see someone do LED hoop (I'm not good enough, and anyway I can't watch me)

That'd be such a great trip...

Kyri you'd be suprised smile With NYC's LED hoop I got completely hypnotised by just looking down at it as it went round and round my middle ubbrollsmile

addict
667 posts

Posted:
if i won i intend to use the money to fund my promotions business and raise more millions for nspcc special investigations unit at same time as buying all the equiptment ineed to hold events and maybe a super club aswell as a field for the festivals

thats a way of investing it into my business and using it to make regular money back

enter the love realm...
insert ur token

stepped up promotions

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
Dani - if you do that for the NSPCC then maybe they may stop bothering the families which have no problems and start doing their job properly and investigate high risk families. I have first hand experience from the NSPCC when I was a kid frown (i'm not gonna go into detail but I'll just say my elder sister was a bit of an attention seeker as an early teen and could make make-up look like a bruise) and it must have been hell for my mum (hugfor mammy)

Scully - by saying they wanted huge homes and such they just wanted to show off their wealth. I'd just want lots of fun things, like yourself. weavesmiley juggle I'd also buy a comfy 5 bed house in suburbia with a lovely large garden (for spinning of course), a vw beetle ubblove for short trips and a vw camper for - well camping obviously biggrin peace and my only extravagancy would be my own plane so i could travel far and wide - to falmouth ubblol
I could go spin in manchester for the afternoon, visit my sister and the southampton posse for a spin at suppertime and be back home in time to watch south park and trailer park boys on paramount!! ubbrollsmile

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
If I ever won the lottery I would shout my family a big holiday and give them heaps of money for all the times in my life when they've paid for things for me.

As for self indulging, I'd probably just buy a holiday house somewhere exotic and buy a car....oh and a pet tiger tongue

I would give quite a lot to a couple of different charities I'm passionate about too.

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

addict
667 posts

Posted:
tickle pants we are raising money for special investigations unit because they are the ones that investigate things such as sexual abuse in children which is something i have also had first hand experience with but never told anyone cos there was no one around when i was younger i thought i could trust
the unit costs a lot to run for jus 6 months and then a lot of cases get left because they havnt got enough funds to carry on... it is a unit for severe cases

all i can say to that is they was just trying to protect you, thats all they can do at least the children that do need it will get the help and if it is false reasons then with the right funds they can investigate things properly and seperate what is real and what isnt smile

enter the love realm...
insert ur token

stepped up promotions

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
People think im weird cos i like to finish a sentance by saying ''yeh...in my pants''

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
**thinks will is weird** wink

skully i know exactlt what you mean,i get the exact same thing at my workplace.

they all also find it hilarious tha i spend my breaks spinning things round my face,and frequently thwaking myself with various tools,and everytime i say i've got a gig,or am going up to a festival-they look at me as though i've just skinned a kitten or something.......*sigh*

funnily enough the lottery question was raised at our work just a few days ago,and my reply,being very similar to yours was also scoffed at.........

.......god damn non-freaks........what is the world coming to!? biggrin weavesmiley

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
Dani - they should have had a doctor look at her, they would have seen the bruise was faked - then sent her to a shrink. But for some reason they didnt. anyway that was a decade ago and she's apologised to my mum for being a b*tch and lying and stealing n stuff, so everythings all ok now.

Written by: PyroWill

People think im weird cos i like to finish a sentance by saying ''yeh...in my pants''

I finish sentances with .... in my mind - too much eddie izzard (he rocks!) ubblol

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

Lost83spyBRONZE Member
Out! Out! You demons of stupidity!
587 posts

Posted:
I love the "in your pants" thing! Everytime my friends and I go to a restaurant or ice cream shop, we land up reading the sentences on the menus with "in your pants" afterwards! Cracks us up everytime! Wait a minute... cracks... ubblol

I think thats why most people dont understand me

As for winning the lottery: I'd pay off all debts, buy a nice house in the countryside, start up my business and invest the rest. Dont need to buy a car as I already own the most awesome machine - a VW beetle biggrin

It may be your sole purpose in life to serve as a warning to others

Founder and Official leader of the Curby Clan

*Owner of Brenn*

dizzybintmember
26 posts

Posted:
i wouldnt want to win the lottery!! so i don t do it. i have everything i need right here! *sigh*! obviously there are things that i need to make my life easier my own home, a decent engine for my beetle a man!! and i'll never get one of those if i win but i think thats my point.

i love my family and friends, i like me! i work hard for my money
i wouldn t change it for all the tea in china

but maybe a karman ghia and definatly a splitty!!!!

hi

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
The question wasn't really about what you would do with the money long term it was just what would be the first thing you buy with it. Thats why I chose fun stuff. What I would do with the rest of it would take me a huge post to explain so I'm not going to bother because it would bore the pants off you ubblol

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Shows why you love spinners so much Skully, you feel at home.

Friends are the family you choose hug

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

addict
667 posts

Posted:
pink yes they should of but this is the reason i am raising money for them because they need the money to have proper investigations carried out lack of funds means they cant do all they should at times and government dont fund it which is stupid, but yes they should have sent her to see a doctor but as said before they was doing there jobs they wasnt in the wrong at all your sister was...
sometimes they have to beleive children as abuse can be in many forms not just physical

enter the love realm...
insert ur token

stepped up promotions

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
All the time and wouldn't change it for the world... i listen to others conversations its boring... i don't really care what such and such does in eastenders.... and on the odd occasion they ask me what i think they freak when i say i don't watch TV much and don't watch soaps.

there are a few people who understand me sometimes.... unless HOPpers don't count biggrin

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

Page: