Forums > Meet Others > Canberra and surrounds (australia)

Login/Join to Participate

jessfaerieSILVER Member
37 posts

Posted:
anyone near me?

"...life is like John Howard- too short to waste time worrying..."

d-eyeGOLD Member
60 posts

Posted:
Yes biggrin

There are a few twirlers in Canberra.

There are two main groups that I know of.

There are a loose group of people that usually (but not always) meet up in Garema place on a friday night, about 8 - 9 ish (depending on daylight saving) anyone is welcome to turn up. Just be warned there tend to be some "interesting" people wandering around that may get in the road. There is the occasional personality clash. Safety is sometimes a bit on the lax side. Standards and abilities are mixed. There is a few regulars and others who turn up occasionally.

[Old link] who is on here runs a troop called will o the wisp and runs lessons occasionally (I am not sure of the exact details)

There are a few others I know of who mainly play at home.

jessfaerieSILVER Member
37 posts

Posted:
yeh, do u know a lady called monty? she has a little girl called leta, she was the one who taught me to firetwirl and i bought my staff from her...she nice, i like her. yeh, i live out of town, so its abit hard for me to get there...but thanks anyway!

"...life is like John Howard- too short to waste time worrying..."

d-eyeGOLD Member
60 posts

Posted:
Yes I know her, you'll be able to meet most of the locals through her.