Forums > Social Chat > I did a nice thing on Saturday

Login/Join to Participate

DoktorSkellSILVER Member
addict
475 posts

Posted:
Well. I believe that i am one of the people thats responsible for making sure there are at least a handfull of nice guys left on this planet.

on saturday after riding my bike home from purchasing a block splitter *those big logs are mighty hard to light withough kindling* i noticed a young guy trying to open his car with an undone coat hanger.

after 10 minutes of trying to help him (having done this a few times myself). i called my father who being a used car salesman has probably done this maybe 150 - 200 times before in his lifetime.

He came from all the way across town with some tools and had the car open in 2 minutes using only some box tape.

Now, without me, this guy would have been stuffed. so in return for the favour he bought me a six pack of amber god liquid. One good deed deserves another they say.

Fair luna bright, fair luna moon
it shines at night but fades too soon
fair luna moon, fair luna bright
forever we dance
we dance under starlight

DragonFuryBRONZE Member
Draco Iracundia
784 posts

Posted:
just checking, was he trying to break in as he locked he keys in? or did you help him steal it, as it sounds like

Do we sleep when we die?

~Leah~GOLD Member
addict
584 posts

Posted:
yeah sounds like he was tring to steal it! Well done DoktoSkell, you are one of the good guys.

Never hold your farts in! They travel up your spine, go into your brain and that's where shitty idea's come from.

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
And fantastically if he was pinching it You've just posted your guilt on the internet ubblol
Hope it was a nice deed.
biggrin

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
There is a difference between being a nice bloke and a sucker wink

Least you got a reward for it smile

Im sure he had lost his keys, and you did the good thing hug

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

squarexbearSILVER Member
....of doom!
585 posts

Posted:
if he was trying to break in, surely he'd be GOOD at using the coathanger technique?

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
nope... you get some pretty stupid car theives

https://www.manchesteronline.co.uk/news/s/50/50351_car_thieves_snap_themselves.html
wink

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

DoktorSkellSILVER Member
addict
475 posts

Posted:
no, he wasnt trying to steal it. hippy's dont steal cars.

Fair luna bright, fair luna moon
it shines at night but fades too soon
fair luna moon, fair luna bright
forever we dance
we dance under starlight