Page:
pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Hey there!

I'm now leaving Glasgow, so won't really know whats going on but if anyone wants this thread editing then pm me.

Your best bet is to go to the juggling club, which is most definately still up and running, every wednesday, 7.30 to 9.30. Although it is quiet now, it will pick up and get very busy when all the students get back from the summer.

Glasgow Juggling club information: the website here for directions and times (every Wednesday night).

Every Friday night there is a meet in kelvingrove park by the fountain. It starts about when it gets dark, I think at the moment it's happening around 9.30, but it'll get earlier as it gets into winter.

At the moment occasionally a few of us meet in kelvingrove park on sunny sunday afternoons, but this is quite rare now and very random.

Happy spinning!

[edit-08/09/06]

EDITED_BY: pricklyleaf (1157740214)

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

KookSILVER Member
19 posts

Posted:
Andy - apologies mate, got caught up at work and couldn't get back to the West End in time. frown

Still got those socks if you want them - I can drop them off on my way back from work one night or hang on till them till Wed?

Sorry.

invisibleandynewbie
9 posts

Posted:
alright Alex..

I know how it feels. Im still at work now!! No Gav this week either.. but a couple of new people and a Portuguese(?) girl who was spinning poi.. She was helping my out with my btb weave (I keep hitting my left foot). Dont worry about the socks. Ill pick them up off you next week thanks - Unless by some stroke of fortune we both show for sunday park spinning! Take it easy mate.

P.S Gav - Cheers for those links - the stuff from Koh Toa is amazing

Gav486SILVER Member
You have 23 seconds to comply!
122 posts

Posted:
Sorry about yesterday's no-show. I was a bit knackered after a fun little excursion to Auchterarder. biggrin

Glad you liked the vids, Andy. The Koh Tao on is Andreas Markus Hoenigschmid; currently posting here as Made in Thailand, and will be leading workshops at Uberpoi! bounce bounce2 bounce

I am also pleased to hear of new people at the club. Hope they come back, so I can also meet.

biggrin

Gav.

You cannot trust this boy! His mind has been corrupted by colours, sounds and shapes.

KookSILVER Member
19 posts

Posted:
Andy, the socks will be yours on Wednesday, I'm mountain biking in Innerleithen on Sunday. eek

Gav - what vids - any chance of a link? And have you posted your Glasto pics online yet? I quite fancy another look at the popularity of the 'cat bag'. biggrin wink biggrin

invisibleandynewbie
9 posts

Posted:
Cheers mate

The downhill course at Innerleithen is a scary one as far as I can remember!!

Anybody going to be around for Sunday spinning? Gav?

Gav486SILVER Member
122 posts

Posted:
The link to Andreas' Koh Tao vid is in [Old link].

There are links to other vids in the Video forum. Go browse!

I hope to be in the park for much of the weekend, if the weather turns out as promised. Sunday spinning should be very much ON!

biggrin

Gav

You cannot trust this boy! His mind has been corrupted by colours, sounds and shapes.

invisibleandynewbie
9 posts

Posted:
alright gav

should be down tomorrow!!

Short notice but would you be able to bring your spare socks.?.

cheers

See you by the (ex) tiger

andy

KookSILVER Member
19 posts

Posted:
Andy - spare socks will be in the bag for tomorrow (just in case) smile

invisibleandynewbie
9 posts

Posted:
Cheers for the socks mate.. No excuses now.. Id better get some practice in!

KookSILVER Member
19 posts

Posted:
No probs, Mr Invisible.

Good luck to Gav & Holly @ Uberpoi - representing the West Side. Take loads of pics if you can folks, and bring back plenty of tricks for the rest of us to learn.

biggrin

Stalkernewbie
17 posts

Posted:
Hey,

Im fairly new to poi. By that, I mean I can do like..spinning in and out of step, and two handed crossovers going forwards (Not backwards, can't work it out :/). Either way, Im really enjoying myself through teaching myself, but I'd obviously prefer to have other people who knew what they were doing for a little guidance. If you guys are going to be at Kelvingrove on Sunday, do you think it would be alright for me to come along and train with you? So you could offer me that guidance I need?

Thanks for your time,
Grant.

Blah blah blah blah blah.. Blah blah?

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Hey there!

I will be going to the park this weekend, and a few others, you're more than welcome to join us. Should be there by about half two but don't worry if theres still noone there by then! We meet where the tiger used to be, there should probably be jugglers and unicyclists floating around so we should be pretty easy to find. There is one other person whos new to poi but not other things going and, some who are also just learning, so you won't be out of place!

As long as its not raining and/or blowing a gale.

looking forwards to meeting you!

Holly

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Stalkernewbie
17 posts

Posted:
Cool!

Sounds good, half 2 it is. Where abouts in the park? At the fountain just up from the skatepark??

Thanks,

Grant.

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Yep at the huge fountain, I'm sure you'll be able to spot us.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Stalkernewbie
17 posts

Posted:
Excellent! See you Sunday then, I guess

biggrin

StephenMmember
34 posts

Posted:
Bah i work all day sunday frown frown

You became the light on the dark side of me...

invisibleandynewbie
9 posts

Posted:
Hey Guys

Poi at the club tomorrow?? I actually managed to get some practice in this week! Hope to see you all.

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
yep, will see you there

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Stalkernewbie
17 posts

Posted:
I might try find my way there, but I don't know what's going on during the day yet. I may have to work frown In that case, I'd be way too tired..

Gav486SILVER Member
122 posts

Posted:
Written by: StephenM

Bah i work all day sunday.

If you can't make it on Sundays, why not come meet us at Glasgow Juggling Club?

Most of us are there most Wednesdays.

KookSILVER Member
19 posts

Posted:
back in the country but trapped at work tonight so I won't make it along to show off my Greek dancing skills.

Have a good one, hopefully I'll be along to see what's been happening next week (I'm away this weekend, so won't at the park either frown )

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Didn't know you'd been abroad! I'm still stuck in Yorkshire.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Hey guys, whats happened to you all? I hope you haven't let all those pesky jugglers take over our Sunday spinning thing?!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Gav486SILVER Member
122 posts

Posted:
I can assure you that we're all still here(abouts).

Sunday spinning thing has kind of died of late, what with nobody showing up and stuff...

More like Monday spinning in Edinburgh now! ubblol

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
grrr! Its sunny, I think you should go to the park on Sunday!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Gav486SILVER Member
122 posts

Posted:
You're absolutely right!

I'm off to the park immediately!

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
eeep glasgow is too far away - how bout u all come up to inverness one day??? please!!! (desperately seeking spinners!)

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

whyBRONZE Member
not _Y_
720 posts

Posted:
hello Glasgow people.

I am an Ed spinner that's moving to your fair city...
Though I amy not "count" as I play with sticks smile

Would be nice to track you down some time soon... though I don't really know the city yet... I'll prolly get there eventually ubbrollsmile

You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?" George Bernard Shaw

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
I think the Sunday spinning has pretty much died a death, a few jugglers may be about still though. Why not join us all at the juggling club instead though? theres a link to it at the top of this page in this thread.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Gav486SILVER Member
122 posts

Posted:
Or why not join us on The Meadows on Monday nights? ubblol

Page: