Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > 6 day event for fire and UV enthusiasts - In Scotland!

Login/Join to Participate

jugjimcosmember
47 posts

Posted:
30 April to 6 May 2005 - Hope some of you guys can come along again!

Cosmos Jugglers and friends - annual holiday

HoP threads on previous events at Laurieston:

[Old link]

[Old link]

The Cosmos Jugglers teach and perform circus skills. Enjoy juggling, club swinging, pole spinning, poi, human pyramids, fire performance, fire sculpture, black light, yoga and more.

We have the exclusive use of wonderful venues for fun and play including large-scale fire show spectacular, a cabaret, the Cosmos Black Light Show and a fluorescent extravaganza.

Laurieston includes saunas, boating on the loch, snooker, table tennis, table football, volleyball, swings, sandpit, dressing up clothes, and 140 acres of grounds, including ancient forest.

All activities are optional. Some come primarily for inspiration and training, others to relax, make friends and have a good time. Tuition is for all levels including beginners.

The flexible schedule allows participants to offer activities too. This has included clowning, trapeze, massage, tightrope, Qi Gong, story telling, drumming, singing, DJ mixing, forest walks, circle dancing, treasure hunt and camp fires in the woods.

As well as stunning locations and excellent facilities, both centres offer full board vegetarian meals and comfortable accommodation, with some family rooms.

Laurieston Hall: Saturday 30 April ? Friday 6 May

Six days and nights in beautiful rural Scotland. Suitable for both adults and families with children. Contact us for details of shared childcare arrangements.

Lower Shaw Farm: Friday 26 ? Monday 29 August

Three day Bank Holiday weekend at Lower Shaw Farm, Swindon, Wiltshire. A great venue for all ages.

jugjimcosmember
47 posts

Posted:
I just found this great article from Permaculture Magazine that tells you all about the way Laurieston Hall operates and its history - nice photos as well. It really is a unique place to visit - even in the world of "communes": Laurieston Hall Article from PM42

juggle

And here are Even more photos beautiful Laurieston!

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I would go but I'll be too busy not going to Beltane. frown

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

.Morph.SILVER Member
addict
669 posts

Posted:
*BUMP*

It's that Laurieston time of year!! weavesmiley

Can't rate this highly enough.

See you there Jim, & anyone else going juggle

jugjimcosmember
47 posts

Posted:
Thanks Morph!!! Great - just gor yr email.

We have a group of 16 so far which includes at least 4 members of HoP I think. 6 nights is going to be great - I just bought some Technics turntables as well biggrin

jugjimcosmember
47 posts

Posted:
Bookings notes and a form are now on the web site as Word Doc and PDF. Numbers up to 20 now.
Cheers!

WintermuteLost in the world but loving it :)
119 posts

Posted:
Yup I should be able to come this year smile

If fishes were wishes we'd all cast nets

Fable Goodmanmember
16 posts

Posted:
First time I have logged on to Home of Poi this year I think... Gosh I have been busy.

Well last years event was great, and I am really looking forward to this year's six day event. and Hopefully to next year's seven day event!

Things just keep getting better and better these days, in all areas of my life, and a fair bit of that is directly due to learnings and experiences at Laurieston Hall. Jim and Anna have been a great influence.

Unfortunately, It looks like my Partner Steve will not be coming, as he needs to prioritize time for other things.

I am looking forward to camping down by the pond, and waking up to the sound of the fish jumping, and the sight of a grey heron making lazy circles over the sauna.

Saw playing is coming along a treat. Many thanks to Guy for inspiring me last year, to take it up. If you are coming this year Guy... perhaps we can do a saw playing duet.

jugjimcosmember
47 posts

Posted:
Fable - good to hear from you! I've gathered that you've had lots of positive stuff happening - nice one! Looking forward to partying with you again - it feels like a while. V. sorry to hear that Steve may not be coming - if there is anything I can do to make it easier for him to come I will do it.

XXXXXXXX hug hug

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Gotta just say what a wonderful event this is
Unfortunately I shall still be on tour in NZ otherwise I would be there with bells and buzzers on
Great work form the Cozmos crew and all the lovely people at Lurieston (I never spell that right!!)
Have fun guys

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

jugjimcosmember
47 posts

Posted:
FireNix! Good to hear from you man - love the photo and thanks for your endorsement - it means a lot!

Bookings are still hovering around the 20 mark - but what a 20!!!

We've a wonderful mix of old hands and newcomers, boys and girls, young and older.... With a great range of skills to share - lots of poi and the full range of juggling skills, fire techniques including fire walking and fire sculpture, yoga of course.... also DJ mixing, story telling, qi gong, musical saw(!), tight rope, human pyramids, theatre etc. not forgetting table football, ping pong, pool, boating on the beautiful loch, midnight saunas, volleyball and relaxing as the swallows swoop around you and the scent of bluebells wafts across the lawn....

jugjimcosmember
47 posts

Posted:
Forgot to mention the magic and clowning...

Just heard that we're promised a fire sword battle!

.Morph.SILVER Member
addict
669 posts

Posted:
*BUMP*

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
A while ago, NYC would have gotten his handbag and reminded you about naming a place in the title of this thread.

Cos otherwise people presume its in London.

wink

jugjimcosmember
47 posts

Posted:
We got 30 of us now! Looking forward to this so much - see you all in a few days!!!!!! Late bookings still possible....

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
waaaah i wish i could go.
last year was one of my favourite weeks of the year above bjc, ejc, glastonbury but maybe not bristol....

have a great time those of you who are there...

Rob

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
wow

this is exactly what i want right now.

next year maybe.

Love is the law.

.Morph.SILVER Member
addict
669 posts

Posted:
An awesome week!
juggle weavesmiley ubblove juggle weavesmiley
Thanks to Jim & Anna for organising, all @Laurieston, & all who attended.......

hug hug

Laurieston 2005 Asylum Photo ubbloco