Forums > Social Chat > What time are you most likely to be online?

Login/Join to Participate

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
I hope this hasn't been done before, if it has it was a long time ago because I've just trawled through several search pages for "time" and not found it.

Just interested to know when you're online the most, as I always seem to be on when only about 2 other people are (and one of them's a lurker!). Personally, I'm on all through the afternoon usually, from about 12 to about 4 or 5. I can't really come on later because I don't have the internet at home. ubbcrying

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
i'm torn, i'm on a lot in the afternoon and evening so i just put evening. but its morning now. or, at least it is over here. it seems to me your poll is kinda confuseing as we have reps from all sorts of time zones (okay, mostly three i'm calling the US one big time zone)

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
It's true but then I don't expect people to work out their time-zones... if there's a big result for evening then I'm guessing people from the US, the UK and Aus will be on at that time, and considering that's where most of us seem to be from it'll give me an idea wink

And I made the poll so you can only choose one to get rid of fencesitters wink

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
I had to put "others"

Because i normally come on when i wake up (about midday - joys of being unemployed)

And then again in the evening.

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I had to put "others" too as there was no : "Im sad, I have no life, I sit on HOP all day" button.

rolleyes

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
I put evening cos that's when I'm supposed to be on, but I go on at work 1st thing in the morning, then lunchtime and if I'm really distracted stay on the rest of the afternoon. Really had to stop doing that - falling behind n stuff....

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
I'm assuming that all these times are relative to which time zone you're in! wink

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

ewanewbie
18 posts

Posted:
night becouse in day I swiming:]

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
what, all day??? you must have skin like a prune!

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
ubblol ubblol ubblol

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Written by: Bird

I'm assuming that all these times are relative to which time zone you're in! wink

No. Time is fixed throughout the world. Only difference is comparative to other time zones.

Didn't want to post that information but i know that some other sarcastic bastard was going to very soon and i wanted to beat him to the punch tongue

Meh

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
so, if i put afternoon/evening/night, does that mean that you'll assume i'm from america? or the UK? Or Australia? What if i came from somewhere completely out of the ordinary?

I dont geddit :S

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
I'm around mostly in the mornings, in Australia... which is around bed time for you UK lot.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

mycoBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,084 posts

Posted:
i'm an evening-er, but whenever i'm on in the mornings, it seems like everone's on in other time zones

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
i had to pick 'others' too! i'm on usually on about this time (6pm-ish) or late night (10pm-ish) or lately i've been on here in the mornings too! ubbloco

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
Like I said towards the top, just put it in relative to YOU. If millions of people say evening, then I can guess that there'll be people about mostly when it's evening in the US, the UK and Aus.

Thoreau

KatPSILVER Member
Muddy fingernails
505 posts

Posted:
Mostly on....when I shouldn't be!!

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

KITTENS!!!!