Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

Carrot_GirlClose your eyes and make a wish
194 posts

Posted:
Yay! Good idea brit_joe! it would be cool for us newbies to see you lot playin with fire together.. and anyone got slow exposure on their camera?

Hehe cinders, i'll match your clumsiness and raise you bruising. just listen for "OW!!".... "DAMN!!"...

So then Tone.. got someone in mind.. or are you thinking of getting the piercing done?

wink

Life is a journey ... not a guided tour.

194 posts

Posted:
I should have added... where's the best place to park near the gasworks?

tony830Member
58 posts

Posted:
haha dont have anyone in mind. just decided to ask in a moment of curiosity ! lol

and nah, dont think id get a tongue piercing. I tried to look at your myspace but you have to be a friend !
add me biggrin:D www.myspace.com/toneboy

tone xxxxx

194 posts

Posted:
Ah yeah, sorry about that... got silly security settings because i do some teaching... consider yourself added!

Any of you going to The Subways gig at the academy tonight?

beerchug

Trippie HippieBRONZE Member
old hand
733 posts

Posted:
The Hippie Shall be there also!! Can't fecking wait!!! bounce bounce2 bounce
Got some big hugs with yours names on them!! hug hug hug hug

(FLASH POINT!!!!!! Fancy that tap lesson whilst we're there???) clap
See you all tomorrow
Taking it easy
Trippie xx

Trippie Hippie- Monty Dons secret love child

Fly like a mouse, run like a pillow, be the small book case.

"Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone".

Because dressing up is fun.

Trippie HippieBRONZE Member
old hand
733 posts

Posted:
PS What time is it kicking off?? Gonna have to meet you all at the gas works.
xx

Trippie Hippie- Monty Dons secret love child

Fly like a mouse, run like a pillow, be the small book case.

"Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone".

Because dressing up is fun.

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Ooh ballz!

I cant make it now. I had to borrow the money of my parents to make it too this one (as was the others while I was job hunting), but there strapped for cash around the house so im gonna have to put this one off.

At least I start work on monday so I will have a wage by the time the next manchester meet comes around, and all future meets smile

This also means the manchester videos will be uploaded and edited sometime in October next month. As I'll have the means to upload it then.

I'll see everyone at the next one, and someone make sure Carrot_girl and her possible plus 1 are introduced and entertained well smile

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
looking forqrd to sun! but like trippy, ill be straight to the gasworks, will be getting into manc around 6 and dragging some boltonian newbies with me!

mike, food + music + beer + *stuff* = a good celebration to me biggrin oooo and a big picture of everyone ubbangel

also, because im coming from a different location, i cant bring all my toys, anyone willing to let me use their staff. i learnt a few tricks biggrin

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
You're on Ro!

I'm there, i will bring some beer and nibbles, if I can coax some cash out of my tight arsed father.

smile

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
See you at the gasworks folks biggrin bouncebounce2 :hug

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
Oh no! I am going to miss out on Trippy Hippy and Wildchild! frown Had to conserve my pennies for Falmouth tho.

Why let your body be a temple? When it can be a theme park?

Wii Console Number: 3294 0297 7824 7498

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
i cannot wait bounce

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

fire_fairy_liquidBRONZE Member
enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
erm well i dont have any problems with kissing people with a tongue bar as i have one myself and a few others two lol including lip and eyebrows and such.... lol what an odd random question to ask lol

anyways guys is hazey coing to this meet today? im deffo coming with brendan my boyfriend and the reason i ask is coz him and hazey cud have had a little bit of an acrobatic dance off or something if theyre up for it lol (hes soo flexible)

but yeh just a note to say that we will be there from about 4 or maybe 5ish until bout 9-10ish....

i cant believe it has been three years of manchester meets... iv been coming to two of them on and off lol wow

thanks for burning with me

enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
i shall also bring some alcohol that was left behind by some friends lol, hey today is gunna be fun... we got some boltonians, a derby dude, all us manchester peeps and whoever else is traveling to us lol woo not bad for the 3rd anniversary lol

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
im coming the furthest i reckon wave

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
where you coming from will..... hull?

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
yrh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
My top Jennaism for the night - "When is bonfire night?"
biggrin

Excellent meet. Best in a long time hug to everyone.

Meh

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
Glad I changed my mind and came to this one. Wasn't originally going to come but my friend's got hold of a fire staff. biggrin Really sweet to see some many new people getting into it.

Why let your body be a temple? When it can be a theme park?

Wii Console Number: 3294 0297 7824 7498

194 posts

Posted:
It was fab to meet you all- I had a great time!

Will- nice light saber man
Pete - thanks for the backwards weave!
Elaine - I'll keep practicing that 'thread the needle thing'
Steaky - I'll work on that turn...
Garfield - thanks for showing me the big circle thing!
CK - good luck in surrey
Cinders - have fun in cardif!

Big love everyone! hug

cinderella456newbie
22 posts

Posted:
yeh, cheers guys, it was awesome

CK, you get some good pictures?

devilstarSILVER Member
blue haired pyrovixen monkey girl!
155 posts

Posted:
I'm so chuffed we made it down to see y'all one last time, best way to say goodbuy to manchester biggrin

and i am so gonna be calling in my visiting rights next time i'm up for a meet

biggrin ubblove kiss grouphug bye

devil Blue is best, blue is beautiful
If I knew what I was looking for, I would have found it by now, but that would take all the fun out of it. - me
I never wanted to be different. I just wanted to be me - bmeshop.com

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
It was a lovely meet and a brilliant turn out. Nothing less for your going away meet Hazel! hug Have a good time down south with Paul! biggrin

It was nice to see so many newbies out in force! Hope to see many more of you lot soon. biggrin

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
awww guys thank you for an absolutely faaabulous meet... yet again manchester meet fails to impress... all i got from brendan when we lefdt is how great it was and how lovely you all are and how he wants to meet you all again... you all mad ehim feel really welcome and i knew hed have no problems fitting in lol

and dave... hands off hes mine lol

shame i missed all of hazeys acrobatics sorry hun but yeh you have full rights to order a meet next time your in manchester lol your our manchester star and when your in the cirque du soliel we can all say look we know her before she was famous lol i know tht is what ya can do babes just go for it

cant wait for the next one.... and if anyone has any pictures at all of the night please can you let me know when theyre up... a great anniversary meet guys shame loki wasnt there!!

oh and who was it tht ruined th pyramid coz they ned to be slapped.... that was goin so well till someone decided to jump on us... NOT CLEVER lol but still was fun and im sure we can show the aussies how to doa meet manchester style lol love you all soo much thanks again ubblove beerchug grouphug heart lolsign nana grouphug thankx

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Sorry I didn't go on the human pyramid. Last time I went on one it didn't end too well as someone's shoe slammed right into my achillies tendon. Developed a phobia of them since. (plus I'm not one to say 'no' more than once...)

Lee. He's ALL yours! (Don't sound so threatened biggrin ) He is rather limber though (I can see from your mile-wide grin that he puts it to good use!)

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
I believe the censored that spoiled the human pyramid was the same guy who was threateing Paul over a stray diablo near a new born baby (that should not have been there having only been born on Thursday).
I think his name is Lee and he is not a very nice person. His 'past-times' include getting drunk on Lambrini, beating up 10-15 year olds, abusing said youths, being acused of rape (not sure if this acusation is true or just a rumour).

Besides him, the meet was wonderful. Can't say anything that hasn't already been said already, except Hazel you will be missed, but everyone knows it's the right move. All the best and dont hesitate to ask for a meet if either you or Paul are in Manchester for any reason. You know many of us don't need an excuse to meet up for a spin wink

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
-_-

lol

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
sorry i didnt come!
mike.c

Rules and responsibities:
These are the ties that bind us.
We do what we do,because of who we are.
If we did otherwise,we would not be ourselves.
I will do what i have to do
And i will do what i must..

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Shouldn't you be apologising to Suzy? tongue

It was YOU who suggested the meet in the first place!

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
it was a rather good meet, got to see some people i haven't seen for a while smile and i actually managed to spin some fire this time tongue

plus we got to see the elusive fraggle in his natural habitat wink

We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams;
We are the movers and shakers of the world for ever, it seems.