Page:
Lamia#2BRONZE Member
14 posts

Posted:
i am trying to get a fire night next weekend saturday 8th january 2005.

all spectators welcome and performers of all kinds welcome

starts at 7pm on castle fields in southsea. may be moved depending on police attendence.

create own posters if you wish and post them over portsmouth (the more public the better eg. commercial road etc.). if you do the information must contain: Starts at 7pm on sat 8th january 2005, on castle fields in southsea all performers welcome fire performers most of all.

if interested add me to msn and say there or e-mail me at dan_evans_666@hotmail.com ! DO NOT PUT MY NUMBERS ON POSTERS. as this meet has not been cleared with Portsmouth City Council. if you are unsure where Castle Fields is in southsea just head towards portsmouth pyramids and when you are in front of it go to your right and look for a large crowd or people playing with fire.

*all fire performers, perform at your own risk.

Either no one has yet been in contact with me apart from the underneath. so non are confirmed apart from myself, wire_me_up, Atua-Tuakana, and a few people from https://www.soton-firespinning.co.uk
so if interested contact me asap (texts are acceptable) anyway apart from ringing me.

weavesmiley juggle biggrin cool ubbidea

EDITED_BY: Lamia#2 (1104879950)

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
ditto

thats what were all here for biggrin

Well put Mech smile

**runs away before he gets made to pee himself**

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
ubblol

come here! hug :squise: tongueee:

Step (el-nombrie)

MrConfusedBRONZE Member
addict
529 posts

Posted:
Not wishing to labour a point, but the safety thing seemed like a general lack of common sense at times. I did go over and have a word with someone (a pretty rare thing for me, I usually let others do the saftey nazi bit) after I had just seen a couple of people light dripping staffs almost over a bucket of parrafin, only to be met with an embarrassed grunt in reply and then to see the exact same thing happening only a couple of minutes later.

I dont think 'strict safety factors' (as in, someone yelling the minute you look like doing something slightly wrong) are necessary, just make sure people are aware of some basic safety procedures as have been mentioned many times already.

Rant over now. On the positive side, good to see a lot of new spinners emerging down my part of the world! Haven't really seen anything since the north end days a couple of years ago. Seraphire, did you go to those? You looked vaguely familiar, and have been spinning for long enough to have made it

Pub afterwards was a good laugh. Ever so slightly scared by Mech and Frodo now. biggrin Cheers to everyone for being there, especially to Spanner for the hospitality hug and 2bags for putting up with me falling on him for a few minutes while I was attempting to learn how to walk again! Had a great day, hopefully I'll be along to Soton sometime soon.

Oh, and Mech; non-pro?? I'll have you know I'm a slice of toast!!

J

If you're not confused, you're not thinking about things hard enough.

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
I agree... Good night, shame about the saftey... smile

yeah..

so whens the next one?

passing through, this world still lives.

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
sorry about the mistake mr confused!

i thought you had been spinning for a while, but didnt relise you were a slice of toast!

i will make a note in my brain!

Step (el-nombrie)

MrConfusedBRONZE Member
addict
529 posts

Posted:
Not a problem. It's a fairly recent development, haven't even done a proper show yet.

J

If you're not confused, you're not thinking about things hard enough.

SeraphireHoP's Original Smelly-Hippie-Scum-Bag
270 posts

Posted:
Well the next one... when we're all free enough to put a night together. It's been a bit windy down here, but its dry...ish..we'll confrence and see what we can do. More than welcome to come down again. All advice taken into consideration. But heh, I've moved about a minute away from Castle Field, so if anyone just wants a small meet at anytime, PM me and we'll jam. weavesmiley

Music gives Soul to the Universe, Wings to the Mind, Flight to the Imagination and Life to Everything.

Educate yourself in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE! hug

dsei.org Stop The Arms Trade!

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
Its ALWAYS windy in Portsmouth!!! My best mate is at uni there so im in the area quite often. Planning a trip to the area soon - will let you know nearer the time. Anyone interested in meeting up for a spin? xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

SeraphireHoP's Original Smelly-Hippie-Scum-Bag
270 posts

Posted:
Go for it. There's some of us always kicking around.

Music gives Soul to the Universe, Wings to the Mind, Flight to the Imagination and Life to Everything.

Educate yourself in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE! hug

dsei.org Stop The Arms Trade!

Lamia#2BRONZE Member
14 posts

Posted:
like old boots aye chris hehe

Hubert_CumberdaleSILVER Member
[psylocibin fingerbobe].
479 posts

Posted:
Let me know if there's another one too.

Lamia#2BRONZE Member