Forums > Social Chat > Offical....VirginBlue sucks!!!

Login/Join to Participate

ChumpyBRONZE Member
78 posts

Posted:
I just got a flight today with Virgin Blue and they told me that I can't take my fire staff on as checked luggage.ubbcrying..AND that I had to send it by freight to wherever?! I tried to tell them it was safe, it's not going to spontaniously combust...or even light up!!!
They said it was against the law to take it on the plane....however the company I've sent it with are sending by air to Brisbane. It means I've got to go 3weeks without my staff and I was just having a burst of new tricks come through...I HATE the evil B@ST@RDs.....how dare they!!! Do they know who I am?

*Chumpy thinks this over in his head....

Clearly not...may be I should befriend Richard Branson...

Gotta go find him and his crap-air-balloon.

Health is a secondary consideration when you have a lifestyle to maintain

Not seen a Banana do Double staff in the woods? You obviously weren't at that party!

'my guess would be staffers dont waste time talking bollox' - strugz

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
I flew Virgin Blue a few weeks ago.... It does say strictly no firesticks on the bording ticket though, it's even got pictures of them, you're really not meant to have them in any luggage apparently. Frustrating as it is, they were only doing they're job.

-cowers-

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
i had to abandon a fire stick in canberra cos of that policy, they will take em if they havnt been burnt though their policy is nothing that smells like fuel or may have traces of fuel on it can be taken on the plane, next time buy a fishing bag and u shouldnt have any problems

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
It was quite fun seeing the firestaff picture on the flight info in amongst gwenuinely dangerous things smile but then I'm easily amused.

In the Philippines they have one that says "no spears, swords or blowpipes".

Which just serves to emphasise cultural differences I think.

Interestingly, in the Philippines (specifically in Manilla) many people thought that our stick bag contained a rifle. A concept they were completely happy with. Scary amero-wannabe gun culture that they have over there eek

Australian Airports have some of the tightest security in the world. They will cheerfully tell you that they'll take your items from you and incinerate them (at your expense) - which i think is their way of saying "please don't argue with me, it's not my fault. Here's an idle threat that will make you stop and think...."

silly australians tongue

Meh

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
Like Cantus says, you're probably lucky that they didn't just confiscate it from you and dispose of it.
I know a few people who have lost their toys flying to Australia. frown

Lets steal a spaceship and head for the sun, and shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
you see the difference is its all lovely and hot and warm here so fuel might spontaneously explode ...... yeah .... thats it unlike icey cold england where u have to wait for the one day a year its warm enough to be able to light a match and it stay alight long enough to start a fire ubbloco

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

My hairs on fireIf its got pistons or boobs, its gonna be expensive...
515 posts

Posted:
Written by: Cantus

Australian Airports have some of the tightest security in the world. They will cheerfully tell you that they'll take your items from you and incinerate them (at your expense)

If i was told that ide tell em where they could stick it! Bad enoygh taking it off of you, never mind charging you for its disposal!

Henry Hill - 'One day the kids from the neighbourhood carried my mothers groceries all the way home, you know why? It was out of respect'...

ahmet_20valve_ahmet(at)hotmail(dot)com
Hope all is well : )

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Annoying isnt it but they are only doing their job, should have told the police they touched you in provocative place and get them done for sexual abuse biggrin

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
We flew not too long ago and Virgin let us take our staffs and poi. All you have to do is take the wick off the staffs and clean the staff up. They will then let you through.
We wrapped up the wicks and put them in an airtight container and put them in the luggage, so we could rewick the staffs.

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

ChumpyBRONZE Member
78 posts

Posted:
Yeah, I should've but I thought it would be ok...I've taken it everywhere else,including other hot sunny countries ben-ja-man!

Oh well, I'm too ill to practise at the moment anyways! Not much a consolation really...I need sympathy and a hot bath!

Not seen a Banana do Double staff in the woods? You obviously weren't at that party!

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
Written by:

Originally posted by Chumpy

how dare they!!! Do they know who I am?

Well... judging by the information on your ticket, I'd say yes, they know who you are... now, if you don't know who 'you' are, that's a whole different topic... biggrin

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

ChumpyBRONZE Member
78 posts

Posted:
lolsign