Forums > Social Chat > What to do with 8 posible months?!

Login/Join to Participate

My hairs on fireIf its got pistons or boobs, its gonna be expensive...
515 posts

Posted:
Hey everyone **waves**

Well as always im a big ball of confusion!

Well here it goes!

I started uni in September on a civil engineering degree course. I however have found this course to be nothing like I had expected and am far from happy with my descion. I am planning to make a transfer to the architecture department as it is less of a science and a lot more creative, more of an art. Which I think will suit me a lot better! The thing is I may not have a high enough g.p.a to transfer and start again in February in architecture. Which would mean having to wait till September to start from scratch…

So if I do have to wait till September, what do I do until then? I want to work and get some funds.

Do stay here, return to the UK or do I pick some random country ive never been to before and work for a while? huuum so confused!

Well i hope everyones day is making more sence then myne!

Byeeeeeeeeee,

Ahmet

EDITED_BY: My hairs on fire (1103719225)

Henry Hill - 'One day the kids from the neighbourhood carried my mothers groceries all the way home, you know why? It was out of respect'...

ahmet_20valve_ahmet(at)hotmail(dot)com
Hope all is well : )

_So_BRONZE Member
Skinny poi maker
313 posts

Posted:
Hm... thats a difficult decision to make...
Well, I'd say (concidering my own experience) that you should use this time for smth like going to some place u've never been to, and work there. Or travel. Because if u stay there where u are it may draw u in... So if u have 8 months, then I'd say - go get all the upportunities! Don't miss anything. And then with a clear mind and nice memories, that will inspire u, start a new studying year =)
And inspite of what u deside, we're there for you! hug

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
I'd say come back to the UK for 8 months. hug

Or - what country Cyprus or UK can you earn more? Then work for 6 months and then travel for 2 or something like that?

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
You're doing architecture? Awsome, me too. Im on my GAP at the working, then going to Ox Brookes. Are you doing the K100 course? Where?

As for advice on the next 8 months - rake together some funds (work is always useful for this) and take yourself around Europe with some buddies, or something like that.

In March im going to Kenya for a charity project, then im coming back for another few months of work then going back out again to help re-roof a village that has been damaged and then climbing My. Kilimanjaro with some buddies.

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

mtbeerGOLD Member
ARRRR!
529 posts

Posted:
I'm with Pink, go someplace you like and pick up a fun job. Save up some cash and go to Burning Man. biggrin Life is too short to concentrate on the future.

"My skin is singed but it heals my heart and with glowing pride I'll wear my scars." -Davey Havok

My hairs on fireIf its got pistons or boobs, its gonna be expensive...
515 posts

Posted:
Thank you for the ideas people smile
Im currently on the civil engineering course and HOPEFULLy transfer to architecture for febuary...
I really hope all goes well and i can start in feb, but if not i think ile be bak in the UK for a while, work like a dog and then go blow all my money sumwheres random lol! so win win situation, for once!

Henry Hill - 'One day the kids from the neighbourhood carried my mothers groceries all the way home, you know why? It was out of respect'...

ahmet_20valve_ahmet(at)hotmail(dot)com
Hope all is well : )

pinkbootSILVER Member
Beautiful Intelligent Thoughtful Cute Happy!
269 posts

Posted:
you know my views on the subject, we sat and chatted about it till stupid o clock in the morning the other day!

COME BACK!

your not happy out there and you have people that care for you here, it will be all good!

I was gonna conquer the world but got distracted by something shiny!

Bretchenthusiast
247 posts

Posted:
Go bumminh around whatever country takes ya fancy... and I s'pose getting a bit of cash is always a good idea, so I'd save, go travelling, then leave a month or so to save again 'cos you'll have probably wasted/spend it all.

I used to be indecisive, but I'm not so sure now.....

stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
im with bretch on this one.. go somewhere you like and feel at home (so you dont have to spend time adjusting and getting to know ppl), like the UK, and get a job there.. then when you have enough cash, travel.. like through europe.

if i was in your situation thats probly the first thing i would consider..

but either way, good luck with the transfer, i was in a similar situation, this year too, but luckily i got accepted and am starting end of jan.. WOOHOOO!!