Forums > Social Chat > Playing with fire, but not on a chain. BBQ style!

Login/Join to Participate

SocksBRONZE Member
Arf! Can I have a biscut?
288 posts

Posted:
I'm curious. Since this is pretty much a global board, I got to thinking.

See, 2:30 AM and I'm hungry, so I decide to BBQ. Yep, outdoors, mid-west USA, it's about 10 degrees outside, and it's PERFECT for a BBQ. So I was wondering what the rest of the world likes to cook up over an open fire?

Right now, I'm enjoying skirt steak. It's been marinading in this Teriyaki called "Soy Vay " for about 5-6 days in the fridge. Cooked just right (seared outside, juicy inside), it can be cut with a butter knife.

The other thing I like to make are... I know the language filters won't let me call them what I really call them, so I'll say it's a "tail kickin' burger". Start with hamburger, if you GOTTA get lean get no more than 80%. Any more than that and it dries out over flames too fast. In the burger mix in cut onions, a little (LITTLE) salt, and more than a few sprinkles of Tabasco. The Tabasco opens up the senses, and you can REALLY taste the rest.

Now I've DONE "VeggieQ's" too, I found a great way to basically bake potatos with carrots and such over a flaming grill, and it's QUITE yummy, but it's not my specalty.

I'm just wondering, what do you all from around the world put over an open fire, cook, and share with your friends over a beer and tall tales? hug

-Socks the VERY well fed fuzzball (2:30 AM BBQ... yummy!)

I'm weird. Just work through that and we'll all be fine.

"If you are a dog and your owner suggests that you wear a sweater suggest that he wear a tail." - Fran Lebowitz