Forums > Social Chat > Thinking about moving...

Login/Join to Participate

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
I have been thinking about moving from Perth.

I mean there is no real reason anymore for me to stay here and I am kind of getting a bit bored of staying in the one place for so long. (I have moved so many times in my life that staying still is virtually impossible).

I was thinking about it about two months ago that it was time for me to move on but then I actually had a reason to stay but now that the reason is no longer there I was thinking that maybe it was time for me to get out of Perth and start my life over again in a new place. (Yes it is called running away from your problems!!!).

I have just been so depressed lately and can't seem to shake the feeling and I think that maybe a change of scenery would do me the world of good.

Should I stay or should I go?
And where in Australia would I go if I was to move from Perth?

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Hmm..I would go to Queensland I think..... rolleyes

What sort of weather do you like best Medusa.?? Why stay in Australia at all? You speak Indonesian so well why not go back there.

Hang on what am I saying...stay here!!! You cant leave us all!!

hug hug hug hug hug

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
Can't go back to Indonesia...to dangerous for an Australian.

I like warm weather I'm not good with cold weather I'm a wuss.

LooperGOLD Member
grasshopper in training
124 posts

Posted:
Sorry to hear that you are unhappy in Perth. hug

North queensland is beautiful... very warm, tropical fruit growing everywhere, $100 to get out the the reef... rainforests, waterfalls and friendly people.
And lots of beaches to twirl on weavesmiley

There is a world made of air, one of earth and one of water.
And there is one made of fire, and all of them fight for supremacy. They are fighting now, in my head.

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Well I may as well start selling Geelong then!

that's all I got. Cos not even I am going to be here in 2 months!

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
What about melbourne?

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
I think I am contemplating Brisbane...but it's going to take me about a year to get the money together to get across there.

Then I have to find somewhere to live so do any of you Brisbanites know any relatively cheap but SAFE areas (suburbs) I can look for a place to rent?

I have moved around all my life and after a while I guess one place starts to get boring so I move to the next place...right now though I think it is because I just want to escape and start all over again with a fresh start, clean slate and people who don't know me.

I have started to notice things within me that I am not liking and last time I noticed it I moved away from Sydney to Perth and felt better...I feel the move would do me good.

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
"Can't go back to Indonesia...to dangerous for an Australian"

Are you serious?! Would you really let the actions of terrorists put you off?

Do many of you feel this way - that you don't go to places out of fear?

Jeez, you can't let them win like that... (am saying this based on the idea that if we had not continued with our lives here in Northern Ireland the loyalist and republican paramilitaries would have taken over by now)

Getting to the other side smile

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
Actually it wasn't the whole terrorist thing that was putting me off.

See when Australia put it's nose into the whole East Timor thing Indoensians kinda grew do dislike us.

In the city I would go to it is really too dangerous and not from the terrorist point of view.

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
yay! move to brisbane!! biggrin

it's nice and warm here! it's a tad wet at the moment (lots of rain & storms!) but that'll go away soon enough!

and there's lots of cheap and safe places you could live!! do you want to be close to the city or further out? cos pixie & bec live in redcliffe, and it's pretty nice! plus - you would have no excuse for missing a moonfest!! ubblol closer to the city there's...umm...i'm in auchenflower, it's quite nice!! not sure, it depends what you're after!! biggrin

bounce

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
I don't mind living in the outer suburbs...rather outer suburbs that living right in the city cause I am a country girl at heart.

Will have to go look up realestate.com to try to find out around about how much I am looking for to pay in rent.

Thanks for the suggestions. smile hug

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
good idea! biggrin there's also domain.com (can't remember if there's an .au or not...)

and, like i told some of my friends who just moved down here, be prepared - you get what you pay for! it's amazing how much difference $20 a week can make!!

also - will you have a car? cos the public transport here is pretty good (before any of you other brizvegans disagree - the transport system here rocks compared to where i used to live!! biggrin ), so if you can find a place within walking distance of trains, buses or ferries, that's always good too!! biggrin

and there's always the flatmate option! if you get desperate (like i did!) check out seqrents.com.au (or something to that effect!) and you can put in where you want to live & how much you want to pay, and someone might email you! or you can check out the other posts, and contact someone yourself! that's how i found the place i'm in now! biggrin

whatever you do - good luck!! hug

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
I will be bringing my car but being near public transport would be good. Rather transport it then go by car...cheaper and cleaner!

And trust me the public transport system can't be as bad as Perth anyway!

BurningByronmember
340 posts

Posted:
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

frown

not happy jan!

The same problems will come up where ever you go...

Figure your stuff out before you leave and then where ever you go it will be with a clear conscience that you arent running away from yourself. You wont find lasting happiness in any area you move to untill you find your own happiness within.

Plus this summer in Perth is going to be awesome!!! Lotsa south perth foreshore fire dancing parties!!!! WOOHOO!!!!

HOW TO FLY 101:
step 1. Throw your self at the ground.
step 2. Miss.

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
Don't worry BurningByron it will not be for about another year yet! Got to save some money to do this thing properly.

So I will get at least another year of your special and wonderfully magnificent South Perth foreshore parties.

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
COME HERE COME HERE COME HERE COME HERE...

that is all.

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
ubblol now there's an argument you can't well...argue with!! ubblol

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
come to adelaide smile you get to meet josh and kate, and me, and all the other cool spinny people here, and its a loverly clean city, and the public transport is bearable, and yeah. look at my gallery for a photo of where we spin in front of smile

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
Sorry MiG I've been to Adelaide before and I can never live in one place twice. ubblol

But on my way to Brissie maybe I can spend a week or something in Adelaide so I can meet your crew.

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Brisbane is such a laid back atmosphere Similar to perth but better

(Okay maybe im biased here)

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
yayayyayayay!
prehaps even come from the city straight to the goldie...
in fact leave the city out and just move to the beach near us!

good
its settled then! HOORAY!

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"