Forums > Social Chat > Call Claims Direct NOW, how about....no?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Alright, I can't take another of those bloody adverts!! Im not sure if others countries other than the good old U of K get those adverts that either talk about accident claims, insurance , or helping consolidate all your monthly repayments in 'one easy manageable monthly sum'!!

I really cant handle them anymore, the amount of times they are on, and they are all the same! not only do they have some very annoying people, the fat old guy with the Pi insurance, the eejit who dress up as napoleon to advertise for admiral with that damn parrot and even more annoying the elephant cos after all its ELEPHANT .co.uk, remebmer that its elephant.co.uk!

and whats with the call centres behind them? ive never seen people work like that in an office, just as the person tlaking walks into shot some person at a comp will sit up n walk over to someone else computer to relaxingly ask them something!

i stop writing just for the moment to say that since i started writing this i have seen 18 adverts of the like im talking about, its only been 10 minutes!

so anyway why are they all the same, no win no fee, no salesman will call, and there funny examples were they get the actors in to look really depressed and suddenly, wow Super Claims saved my marriage! we are now happy thanks to this great company etc blah blah blah, grrrr, and when they go oh i called such an such and suddenly i got 2400 pounds compensation, come on like u havent been told to say that! and i just got told that my mate saw it being filmed n they do actually get a script.

ok im done now, just fancied a rant, does nayone else get bugged by these things?

by the way exception to all of this is the lovely lady on YES car credit cos she is fit smile and she makes cars appear with the click of her fingers, hmmm my kind of girl

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

ParafinfairySILVER Member
old hand
845 posts

Posted:
Yes, it disrups my corrie watching!! biggrin

Slicing the Loaf as we speak.

I need it..... Trust me!

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Hell yes biggrin
They really, REALLY p!ss me off, for several reasons:

1) The government's always going on about how the UK's in a hole of debt - surely it would make sense to ban loan adverts - they've banned tobacco adverts...

2) All personal accident cases are "No Win - No Fee" - read the small print, you still have to take out legal insurance to pay all legal fees, regardless of win or lose - you just don't have to pay a fee other than "expenses" to the lawyers (As my girlfriend told my whose dad is a barrister)

3) "I'm really in debt, they're going to reposses my house, my marriage is falling apart, I've got 37 credit cards all maxed out - I just can't afford a holiday this summer"
"YOU CAN NOW WITH ANOTHER LOAN - WHY NOT BUY A NEW CAR AND HAVE A HOLIDAY?!"
Yessss, because that'll solve all your problems - have a holiday you can't afford, or buy a new car to impress the neighbours.

Genius...

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
yeh they only show them during the day dont they? maybe i guess they feel the majority of their audience have nothing to do during the day but watch tv.....crap thats me!!

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
Written by: Durbs

Hell yes biggrin
They really, REALLY p!ss me off, for several reasons:

1) The government's always going on about how the UK's in a hole of debt - surely it would make sense to ban loan adverts - they've banned tobacco adverts...

2) All personal accident cases are "No Win - No Fee" - read the small print, you still have to take out legal insurance to pay all legal fees, regardless of win or lose - you just don't have to pay a fee other than "expenses" to the lawyers (As my girlfriend told my whose dad is a barrister)

3) "I'm really in debt, they're going to reposses my house, my marriage is falling apart, I've got 37 credit cards all maxed out - I just can't afford a holiday this summer"
"YOU CAN NOW WITH ANOTHER LOAN - WHY NOT BUY A NEW CAR AND HAVE A HOLIDAY?!"
Yessss, because that'll solve all your problems - have a holiday you can't afford, or buy a new car to impress the neighbours.

Genius...

ha ha you said it man
its liek is being in gebt getting you down? struggling with all those repayments? dont worry now cos with 'some stupid company' you can consolidate all your payments in to easy affordable sum leaving you more money to get that car you've ben wanting, have a holiday or just in general have fun. p.s. we'll charge the sh*t out of you and you'll end up in much more debt, but we are playing the fact theat you'll be fooled by our convincing advert and the friendly face of the ugly fat bloke telling youhow amazing we are

also i find it proper rude when they say call claims co NOW, its pretty rude telling them to call them, what if i dont want to call you now huh, HUH!!!

PrometheusDiamond In The Rough
459 posts

Posted:
My current anti-favorite are these commercials for "Enzyte" which promise 'natural male enhancement.'

They have this really annoying jingle which is WHISTLED in the background and the actors all live in 1955 suburbia and they have plastic smiles, their expressions are just frozen. It's spooky and annoying...

Dance like it hurts; Love like you need money; Work like someone is watching.

Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, when you DO criticize them, you are a mile away, and you have their shoes.

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
simple solution. turn off your tv. make a cup of tea. do something productive. biggrin

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
And miss Hollyoakes?

Are you MENTAL?!!

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
huh? umm

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

NoddyToe Poking Bad Boy
2,865 posts

Posted:
go Durbs

its just SUE SUE SUE these days, if you trip over in the street and hurt urself its your own fault dont sue the council and take there money, they could be using it for more productive projects

Remember.........YOU LOSE!!!

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
It was quite comical really...

Whilst in Rome with Mrs Durbs, we were sitting on a fountain, admiring the Pantheon (as one does...) when an American woman came along a stumbled (didn't fall - just stumbled) over the corner of the fountain.

You wouldn't believe the fuss she made "Oh my god Thomas, did you see that - I could've hurt myself, that's sooo dangerous having that there" for literally 10 minutes, complaining to all the rest in her tour party - one of whom commented "We're not in America anymore, you can't sue them for that here".
You could just tell she was itching to sue for stubbing her toe - I really hope the UK isn't heading towards the American way of sueing others for your ineptitude.
I mean, what did she want? The founatain removed or smoothed over? I suppose it's only a couple of hundred years old...

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
ubblol

i saw one for cliam sdirect a while back that went:

"I fell asleep at teh wheel of my car and crashed.
I called claims directand they alwarded me "

Whose fault is it that she crashed if not her own?

When my dad was knocked off his motorbike by a car (which he came out better of than the drvier (female smile)), SO MANY insurance companies rang him up asking to take up the claim on his behalf, he kindly told them to all piss off, the woman was still taken to court though as she didnt have insurance.

rolleyes

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
hmmmmmm...

Clams direct?

Surely some seafood delivery comapny?

umm

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
The advert that really, really annoys me is the one that goes

"Calm down honey, it's only a commercial"
"Oh.. hello mum! Look i'm on TV"

Or something like that eek

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

DominoSILVER Member
UnNatural Scientist - Currently working on a Breville-legged monkey
757 posts

Posted:
"Through my own stupidity I got a huge lump some that probably cost some poor sod his house, THANKS CLAIMS DIRECT!"

On a side note a friend from work was telling me about a claim that someone made against the factory that her dad is the manger of. Apparently some guy stuck his arm into the machine while it was still running. I don't know if it was ripped off or just mangled but either way he made a claim and got a large amount of money. Apparently if he'd been killed her dad would have done more jail time than if he'd murdered the stupid git.

Give me a lever long enough and a place to stand and I can beat the world into submission.

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
Written by: Unsaturated Carpets Of Freedom

hmmmmmm...

Clams direct?

Surely some seafood delivery comapny?

umm

Or maybe the delivery branch of one of those little Soho home businesses? ubblol

I agree, they are stupid adverts, but honestly folks, throwing the TV out the window worked wonders for me.

Wish I'd filmed it though...

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

Bill Hicks, February 1988

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
I think I'm going to try this out.

How about if I chew on a tube of super glue and let it burst, sticking my tongue to the roof of my mouth for a week. I'm sure nowhere on the tube does it say "you must not chew this tube"...........

Or how about I step out infront of a bicycle, fall over thus forcing them to run over me...........

How about I use the wrong power tool for a job and claim nowhere on the drill box does it say I can't floss my teeth with it........

Do you think I could become a millionaire?

The truth is people are all looking for ways to get rich quickly without having to work too hard to get it. The lottery, the compensation sue culture, creditcards, HP.....people have forgotten in their rush to own goods and buy status symbols that none of that sh!t is important. As long as you have food in your stomach, a roof over your head, your health and people who love you all the other trappings of life are just STUFF and the more STUFF you own the more you worry about it getting damaged or stolen. The more you worry the less happy you are. The less happy you are the more you look for whats missing in your life. You look at the STUFF and see Mr Jones next door has more upto date STUFF than you and you think that must be why you are unhappy. You buy the uptodate STUFF and you worry about it being damaged or stolen. Worrying makes you unhappy. The more unhappy you are you start to look for whats missing in your life...........

It goes round and round and round......

....... I'm ranting now and way off topic so I'll hush up.

hug to everyone

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
*cheers for Skully*

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

Bill Hicks, February 1988

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
Written by: Pink...?

The advert that really, really annoys me is the one that goes

"Calm down honey, it's only a commercial"
"Oh.. hello mum! Look i'm on TV"

Or something like that eek

"im not your sister"
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
i don't mind them as much, they make me laugh. It's the ringtone adverts that piss me off. I have the music channels on pretty much all the time if im watchign tele and im bomb barded with 'call 8181 now for the latest top 10 ringtones!' 'text 'hippo1' for the monotone, 'hippo2' for the polyphonic and 'hippo3' for the real music tone' 'cant figure out that tune? call 5083 and hold your phone up to the music, we'll text you with the song artist and the polyphonic ringtone to match!!!' oh my christ my ears are bleeding

NoddyToe Poking Bad Boy
2,865 posts

Posted:
the '2580' ad (just like the 'call 5083' ad) is soooo annoying because is on every 15 min on all music channels, if your watching the music channels wait till the song name comes up and read it! (you got me on a rant now!)

*Storms Off Looking For An Argument*

Remember.........YOU LOSE!!!

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
The funny thing is...

When I was in the UK, I remember being amazed at how tame those exact commercials were...

Like the girl in the car who got hit by the guy who was on the wrong side of the road (Maybe he was just American and SHE was on the wrong side wink )

She BRAGS that she got like 6000 pounds or something equally little. In the US it'd be more like 600 000 pounds easily.

You can't run a lawer add in the US without having at least a few "Million Dollars" in them.

You guys seem to have much more strict laws than we do.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I think they're really funny.

My current fave is the one where the idiot with a drill falls off his ladder and lands on his hand.

Oh except the "it's only a commercial" ones. Obviously I'd like to smother that guy to death with a pillowcase filled with warm sick...

Meh

ZimBRONZE Member
Former Raver Invader... Not sure what i am now...
284 posts

Posted:
I have the luxury of not watching tv, i actually hate it. The only kinda TV shows i watch are the ones that me or friends have on DVD. Otherwise i use the TV for movies or video games. So, no matter what i usually don't have to deal with commercials... it's actually quite nice biggrin

Clean for 6 months and counting... ah yeah, that's nice.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
But how do you know what products to buy? wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

squarefishSILVER Member
(...trusty steed of the rodeo midget...)
403 posts

Posted:
Sorry Domino but,
if the machine was in correct working order there should have been no way for the worker in question to get his arm inside the machine in the first place.
Safety interlocks are fitted as standard on all heavy factory machinery, preventing safety screens from being lifted\slid aside during operation.

It sounds as though these interlocks had been tampered with, either by the operator or by maintenace in order to " enhance productivity and efficancy" ie. running repairs or adjustments can be made without shutting down the machine
Believe me I've seen it happen in a few places where I've worked.

The end result is that the operator can get injured by a piece of machinery that the company is obliged to keep in safe working order .
Therefore exposing the company to massive lawsuits, and rightly so.

Masssive pressure is put on factory floor staff to keep output high, often at risk to themselves and others.
They need protection from this sort of thing as well as other dangers such as being forced to work long over time on macinery or operating heavy machinery such as forklifts without proper training.
Heavy penalties against companies employing these practices are one of the ways in which workers are protected.

If the worker in question had died it would have been apparent that every employee on that factory floor involved in operating that equipment was in clear and present danger of death.
Not the sort of thing that judges tend to look lightly upon.

Konstilovable smart-ass
785 posts

Posted:
the best ones are from real life.

this is a true story.

its the tale of the dude who build a wall on his roof and had 50 bricks leftover. he was too lazy to bring them down by hand so he decided to put them into an empty barrel and lower them with a rope. so he puts the bricks in, ties the rope to the barrel, fixes the rope and goes downstairs to lower it from the bottom. ok this guy is not a rocket scientist. he fixes the rope and expects to lower 50 bricks in a barrel just like that. ok of course the barrel starts flying down and the dude had the rope tied around his arm for better grip. so he starts flying upwards. in midair he collided with the barrel, breaking his collarbone, then he kept going up and squashed his hand in the little wheel thingy the rope was going through, loosing a finger and breaking the hand. at this point the barrel hits the ground and the bottom and the bricks fall out maing him heavier than the barrel. Now he is falling back down and collides with the barrel in midair again breaking a leg, and shortly after that he crashes onto a pile of bricks breaking his other arm. he lets go of the rope and the barrel comes flying down again and fractures his skull.

i dont know whether i should laugh or cry about this, but i thought id share it. the guy posted the incident online himself with documents proving it and the insurance claim form where he explained what happened.

i think its pure genius.

"is optimism in austria just a lack of information?"
-Alfred Dorfer

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
i think everyone is mad!!!!!!!!

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Governments love debt no matter what they say. It keeps economies going. Now stop complaining and go live above your means like everyone else. wink

I dunno I mean when I die I hope they stand up at my funeral and say damn that dude died owing us a lot of money. ubblol I'm joking. I don't owe any money but you get the idea...

By the way didn't one of their phone numbers end in 282820 (Lombard direct or something) eewww that's scary..

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

DominoSILVER Member
UnNatural Scientist - Currently working on a Breville-legged monkey
757 posts

Posted:
squarefish:

Fair enough, I might not have put my point across as well as I could have. Yes employers should provide a safe working environment but ultimately you are responsible for your own safety. You do not put your arm in a running machine regardless of how much pressure your are under to keep it running. You do not drive a fork lift truck recklessly. Safety measures can be taken (automatic shutdown et al) but safety procedures exist for a reason and if they are not being followed then there is not always a lot that can be done by a higher level.

Give me a lever long enough and a place to stand and I can beat the world into submission.

ZimBRONZE Member
Former Raver Invader... Not sure what i am now...
284 posts

Posted:
Written by: NYC

But how do you know what products to buy? wink

well, it's a very delicate process... see... i have to upload all of the commercials directly into my brain since it's almost inhuman to not watch ANY commercials in any way.... so it's an intricate electrocution where i wake up 3 seconds later knowing of every product and where i can get them, what number to dial, etc. It's kinda dangerous though, it put me in the hospital once :/ ...and if i can't do that a certain week, i just go to the grocery store and pick out the ones that have things on the boxes that you'd normally see if you were on some sort of hallucinogenic drug smile

Clean for 6 months and counting... ah yeah, that's nice.

Page: