Forums > Social Chat > Home of Fire Plates...

Login/Join to Participate

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I only got a second to post cuz class starts soon but I wanted to get this one photo up and announce (especially to those that hung with me at EJC) that....

I SPUN FIRE PLATES!

Actually, I first had to make one from an aluminium plate, then soaked it in fuel and...

KABOOOM!!!

Unfortunately, the one measly photo doesn't do it justice. What I didn't anticipate was the fact that you get a relatively large inverted tornado of fire above the plate. Friggin' awesome!

Since it was a prototype it wasn't designed to stay together (in case I needed to adjust something) but the real on will be up and running in no time...

I also got those gothic long pointy finger rings (look like metal claws for your fingers that the goth kids wear) so I can balance it on my finger.

I'll hopefully get a video up before it gets cold but I did want to make sure I got stamped as the HoP innovator of Fireplates....

biggrin

[I'd put this in 'Other Toys' but I did want to announce it in a social setting such that the peanut gallery can make fun of me as they oh-so love to do...]

Thanks to Lolli for being my first plate spinning buddy... hug and the rest of HoP for inspiring me to keep doing stupid stuff...

Now... how do I get a plate inside a balloon? ubbangel

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
NYC, please put this in the right forum, or i will start another thread to bitch about it being in the wrong place wink

you rock

hug2

R

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

Dr_MollyPooh-Bah
2,354 posts

Posted:
you rock indeed!
nice touch with the claws too, but no under-arm spinniness with flames like that wink

ps. please go and edit your post bluecat spank you know you've been bad

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
incidentally i managed to juggle three spinning plates for five catches. should i post that here? or is there a NYC-approved location?

not editing. not unless he apologises first

(tries to get a teacher to act like a 12 year old wink)

Dr_MollyPooh-Bah
2,354 posts

Posted:
I suggest you find a porter
your grudges must be getting heavy
rolleyes

and more applause for NYC's plate spinny prowess so's not to drift off topic :wildlyclappinglittleyellowpeople:

Zizikymember
47 posts

Posted:
cool photo

miluju prahu a pár lidí v ní i mimo ní smile

PRAGUE FOREVER smile

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Ah, didn't he freak out the last time his name was mentioned in a post? tongue

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Sweet,

Thats nice work NYC.

Love is the law.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
NYC - You rock!

Editing other people's posts also rocks ubblol

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Written by: NYC

[I'd put this in 'Other Toys' but I did want to announce it in a social setting such that the peanut gallery can make fun of me as they oh-so love to do...]

Sorry bluecat, I popped your whine before your whine so it doesn't count. But nice to know that your primative reactions can be so easy to predict. wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Thanks Dom! Supermoderator extraordinaire. hug

And Mr. Cat... all kidding aside, let's be careful with the names here kid.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Dr_MollyPooh-Bah
2,354 posts

Posted:
but Dom, you didn't edit my post to say something witty once it became irrelevant
:disappointed pout:

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
He even got to it before me!

PS Has anyone noticed what you get if you spell Dom backwards...

It's kinda cool... ubblol ubblol ubblol

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:

Sorry bluecat, I popped your whine before your whine so it doesn't count. But nice to know that your primative reactions can be so easy to predict. wink

apology not accepted. i was arguing for arguements sake and i think you'll find if you read your own post you'll find you were inviting our ridicule, so sit back, relax and take it like the italo-american hunk you are. and incidentally it's a fine thing that such a pedant can fail to spell check his own posts wink

apologies tho for the naming, i'd not even realised i had and was wondering which idiot had been foolish enough to mention that your full name and address is m*** *******, ** *****, ********, NYC

can i start to talk about tricks here, or should we start another thread in other toys...? cause i want to do foolish things with you at renegade next year hug
R

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Let's take it to toys.

Oh... and my first thought while spinning this plate was... Damn, Te Pooka needs one of these.

I am having some issues with it which I should talk about. And Rob, if you go to my summer photo album (which you already saw) there will be a new section called PDF. You can see more photos of the plate (including a 'before' photo).... incidentally, the plate was made as a prototype with glue holding it together so it fell apart. I did this on purpose so I could tweak it if needed. I'll now be reconstructing it with bolts and washers in a more permanent manner.

But yes, off to toys with us.

Oh, and lastly, the plate weights a ton when soaked and drives about as smootly as Bessy in mud.

Gotta run... sun is out and the poi are already spinning.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:

Let's take it to toys.

Oh, and lastly, the plate weights a ton when soaked and drives about as smootly as Bessy in mud.

ubblol

that one got a good few laughs in the office i can tell you!

can you manoover us dom? i think the world has had enough wink

smiles
Rob

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I was just thinkin we could start a new on in Toys. As this one was more of a social "Hey look at me!" thread.

But whatever.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

HOP kreisförmig

Melden Sie sich an, um die neuesten Informationen zu Verkäufen, Neuerscheinungen und mehr zu erhalten ...