Page:
poi_playerBRONZE Member
121 posts

Posted:
I have had the incredible luck of being able to use fire poi as a chemistry science fair project. My whole idea is to look at the different chemicals used to produce different colors while spinning. I am looking for any info about what chemicals produce what colors, info about what chemicals show the best colors, which ones burn longest, and basically any ideas about how i could demonstrate these things (keeping in mind that this is at school) etc... basically i want to have a chemistry project that actually interests me for once biggrin.

If you're a pyro and you know it, clap your hands!
clap clap

poi_playerBRONZE Member
121 posts

Posted:
ok, i have a couple right now, ill have alot more when i have my friend capture a few pics off of the video. search my name in the gallery to find them biggrin glad to see i have a devoted fan out there yay for school! lolsign

clap clap

poi_playerBRONZE Member
121 posts

Posted:
Well, tonight i am typing up the final report. 10 pages long at the very least mad2 but its not looking too bad. This weekend im going to compile the video im going to need and i present on wed. biggrin Sorry i havnt gotten any good pictures in the gallery yet, the only good pictures i have i will need to capture off of the film because my digital camera will not show green flames, only shows them as white. anyway i will have some decent pictures on here by next thursday at the latest.

clap clap

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
just photoshop them to the "correct" color! ubbloco

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

poi_playerBRONZE Member
121 posts

Posted:
naw, that would be cheating wink anyway, i got a few good pics off of the video. Really wish i had started typing earlier than i did, i was up till 1 in the morning mad , all together, with my MSDS's the paper is well over 20 pages long. Has to be the sinlge longest project ive ever done.

clap clap

poi_playerBRONZE Member
121 posts

Posted:
if anyone is still reading this thread, i now have some pictures in the gallery. One is of kerosene, one of boric acid/methyl alcohol, and the last one of denature alcohol. im so glad im finally done.

clap clap

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I like this one:

Green

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Page: