Page:
{anthrax}BRONZE Member
Look I've changed my title!
209 posts

Posted:
Anything insane related to staff then whack it here!

One thing I can think off to get it started is doing an entire routine whilst standing on a tight rope.

Now that is one hell of a test of balance and would most probably require Jedi like mind skills to come anywhere near accomplishing, but if anyones willing to give it a go then by all means do so, just tell us all how ya failed miserabley ubbloco

I suppose the weak minded of you could start by standing on one leg ubblol Just dont try and do an under leg throw, under the leg your standing on!

anthrax.... it infects, then spreads..... fast

{anthrax}BRONZE Member
209 posts

Posted:
Ouch, above the staff?? Thats painful just thinking about it! I gotta give that a go now! lol

nativeSILVER Member
sleeping with angels
508 posts

Posted:
i often spinn staff on stilts my stilts are 3 ft 6 in. it is diffently a trip and it is harder due to the balance factor

SLEEP WITH ANGELS muckieha

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
I've always liked the idea of spinning a long double (1.4 metres or longer) on the tip of of another long double...

Can't seem to get it down solid as yet (heck, can't seem to get it AT ALL yet!)

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Wick in the middle of the staff so there are three spots of flame.

Then when you grip it off centre, you can isolate the middle flame biggrin

Then, the same idea, but a day-staff with a metal CJ ball in the middle biggrin

If I ever find any time I'll finish it off...

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

nativeSILVER Member
sleeping with angels
508 posts

Posted:
on one of my three staffs i have 2 4inch wicks on each side to make a 8 inch wick on each side. the flame spread is insane!!

SLEEP WITH ANGELS muckieha

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
Written by: Ðraghkyre

hmmm horizontal throws with two staffs is kinda tricky... there's allways the large risk of smacking yourself in the head cause they're so much harder to catch & continue.

thrown in an arc from one hand to the other above yourself (i.e. juggling style) makes continuous doubles horizontal throws easier and with more flow. smile
the arc looks thusly: juggle

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
Written by: Durbs

Wick in the middle of the staff so there are three spots of flame.

Then when you grip it off centre, you can isolate the middle flame biggrin

where the hell else are you gonna grip it when the middles on fire then? rolleyes it's insane i'll give you that...

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
off-centre smile

Means you can do lots of prancey-abouty stuff (My favourite wink )

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
foot fishtails nuff said

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

Psiboing
529 posts

Posted:
elbow fishtails wink

{anthrax}BRONZE Member
209 posts

Posted:
yowee, lol can anyone actually do any of this????

Antti_EverythingGOLD Member
addict
446 posts

Posted:
i heard there was a woman juggler in the EJC flashing a 7 baton cascade. eek

i'd like to see 3 man high (pyramid) with everybody having atleast one hand spinning a staff. and ofcourse the one on top could do doubles.

Point your toes.

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Errr. I think we did that at beltane already... We were a symbolic second bonfire, with antti (different finnish antti) on top, everybody spinning a staff.

And er... Wasn't she the final act of the final performance? And anyway they looked like weird weighted to be like clubs batons...

RHD T-SHIRTS! confused ubblove hug

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

addict
446 posts

Posted:
biggrin
frown
redface errr. you did 3 man high?? i want to see a picture of it.

and yes she was in the final performance which we missed. i have this picture in my mind of a baton goddess but maybe i'm wrong. i'll get it on video soon......

did you get the badges already???? we're working on the t-shirts. if you want a better quality version of revenge of soy i can send you one of those also..

Point your toes.

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
it was thgree man base, 2 on the hips/ thighs of those and then another small antti on the thighs of the 2 flyers. So not really three man high, but 2 levels off the ground. It was fun.

Revenge of soy was pretty high quality anyway... Ah might as well, I'll send you a baton twirling vid in return....

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

addict
446 posts

Posted:
--juggle--
weavesmiley weavesmiley
redface redface redface

so it was more like this right? (i'm excited about these graemlins pyramids!)

batons!!!!! i want it! i need it! send it to........

Point your toes.

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
Ive got a video somewhere of a girl juggling an 8 flowerstick (devil stick?) cascade - very cool. She goes from synched throws to asynch too....lovely.

Id like to see people juggling 3 sticks as well as the pro three club jugglers.

Josh

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
Written by: Psi

elbow fishtails wink

as in with your arm making a chicken wing? none of that cheating like a elbow pinch but with your arm straight

i want shoulder fishtails, i tried today but with no sucess i think u have to do a jig or something to make em work

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
I have antti's real street address!

EDITED_BY: mcp (1093860137)

Psiboing
529 posts

Posted:
Written by: Psi

elbow fishtails wink

yes, as in with your arm making a chicken wing & none of that cheating like an elbow pinch but with your arm straight!

And yes you do have to give it a jig to make it work - been trying for well over a year now and have just got to the stage to be able to do half fishtails fairly consistently and get a whole fishtail from time to time ... they're a bitch.

Mike

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
ooooooooo i so cant wait for BrJC now it sounds to insanely cool biggrin

EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
anthrax- I twirl on my tight rope too biggrin I have found that doing dual staff on the rope is easier as the balance is spread evenly!!

-but can you cartwheel on it?! (with sticks) tongue

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

{anthrax}BRONZE Member
209 posts

Posted:
lol eveish, i cant do staff on tightrope, i wanted to find people that could!

Can you buy small tightropes to be set up outside or in a room where you can just practice balance? Do they even exist in such small sizes? If yes, then I may have to get one just because the thought of cartwheeling on one sounds like a pretty interesting challege.

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
The smallest ones you can get are 4 metre practice wires, they are about 2 grand (Australian dollars) and they look really shmick. They are also portable(ish) so they can be used in performance.

*Eveish drifts off lusting after the yummy ones in juggleart*

Anyway, I have a slightly less shmick looking home made version of a similar thing, this cost about $500 for the materials alone... the thing with this is that you can usually only get 5mm wire for it (most professional wires are 11-12mm!!) so I recommend looking into getting a properly sprung rig with nice cumfy thick wire!!! (5mm really hurts feet and hands when not properly gloved/shoed) but in short, yes you can get small "indoor" rigs, they stand anything from 70cm off the ground, and they are fun biggrin

Actually, I would quite like to see if we can find a few others who play on ropes too, I might start a thread just on tightropes and leave this one for people to talk about their own crazy moves! (I have too much to say about wire walking) I will chat to you more about them in Technical discussion! wink

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

tigercubjourneyman
57 posts

Posted:
www.firetoys.com- thay have a small one on there

just me, my lighter and a lifes supply of paraffin

addict
446 posts

Posted:
How about slack rope? Unicycling and juggling are much easier on a slack rope.. So spinning staff or poi could be also..........? And I think it would still go under crazy, crazy insane.

Point your toes.

KnoxiousGOLD Member
420 posts

Posted:
Does double staff on a pogo stick count for anything? (whilst smoking a doob if that adds any kudos)
biggrin

{anthrax}BRONZE Member
209 posts

Posted:
what the hell!!!! how on earth do you pogo WITH NO HANDS????

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
Written by: Knoxious

Does double staff on a pogo stick count for anything? (whilst smoking a doob if that adds any kudos)
biggrin

i would have never guessed your from byron.... ubblol

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
pogo sticks alone are crazy insane things! but while twirling doubles? now my head hurts!

Page: