Forums > Social Chat > What would YOU do?...................

Login/Join to Participate

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
OK people, heres a hypothetical question for you:

In the last 9 months, your life has gone completely down the toilet, not only that round the U-bend as well. You've got no cash, and you have failed at every endevour you've attempted. The six million dollar question is...... what do you do now?

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
maybe curl up in a lover or a friend's arms for a short while to catch my breath and then keep walking my way ... not give up... ask myself if what I do now is what i want and what makes me happy ... most probably realize it is not and move on...

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

Sepamember
184 posts

Posted:
Well, I've never been there. I know this may sound a little... hard hearted, perhaps? but I've never been there because I never let myself get there. Over the years I have developed a mindset which focuses on the things I have achieved and, while learning relevant lessons, allows me to walk away from my failures with sense of self-esteem still intact.

What I'm saying is that there is no way that anyone has failed at everything for 9 months and that this hypothetical person needs to get things in perspective a little. Cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT) is probably a worthwhile 'talking' therapy to think about doing. There are books available which go through a CBT course for individuals who are feeling down if there is no access to a CBT therapist.

As for the money. I believe it's perfectly possible to have none! And it sucks. There's only one remedy... get a job. Unfortunately if there's no jobs around, then there is a massive problem right there. Visit the job centre regularly, find out what support is available from the DSS, from friends, whatever. I think of situations like this as being in the bottom of a deep dark pit, and you can see the ladder hanging just out of arms reach. The person in the pit needs that little bit of a boost and they'll be fine... so I would say to that person, be really open about what's out there. It may be humiliating and demeaning to get help from the state, but do what you need to do to get that helping hand and get that job.

Hope this helps.

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
Well, after beinging kicked out of home and finding out your now ex-girlfriend had cheated on you for the sixth time... pack what ever you can and start walking across two state boarders and start over... but that's my advice... I'll have the money sent to my savings account thank you...

------------------
"Here's the problem, you see here where it says void void void, this is not a check..."
"Shut up"

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

DarkFairyQueenmember
557 posts

Posted:
u wanna cum stay wid me Arsn?

Az abouve, So below...

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
Leaving... on a jet plane, don't know when I'l be back again... see ya Aussie... I'm going to the UK...

----------------------------------
Life’s a puzzle. I just feel like I’m missing a piece.

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

SmallBoy - xCarpal \'Tunnel
2,737 posts

Posted:
What would you do eh???
Me??? - About a gram and a half.......
Keep on plodding, what else is there?
Leaving school is normally a good way to cheer up, but after 5 years you'll only be miserable you aint there no more & u have to deal with life.
Not really into the whole being miserable, get stuck in a rut thing myself.
Ignore everyone, light up, spin for a bit, and when you get tired or bored, take more drugs and start over. Simple............
In fact do what you want, that's the only way to be happy. And don't see a doctor about it, he'll have you munching happy pills before you leave his office. (See Ridalin Conspiracy Theory thread)
Ahhhhhhhh the world is evil.............
Don't get depressed about being depressed.
For everyone to be truly happy and appreciate it, they must first be miserable - only then can you achieve a comparison and/or a balance.

Small Lardy Person In Disguise

Rick aka LokiBRONZE Member
134 posts

Posted:
Just remember, once you reach the bottom, there's only one way you can go:

sideways.

Things'll get better if you really want 'em to and are willing to put the energy into that happening.

Me? I'd probably have a good chuckle about it with God ("heh... nice one, God. Dinged me again, yep. Could you fuck off with the hail for a couple of days, though? I gotta wash my bike. Thanks.") and then try to figure out a) what really is going wrong and what's going right (we work subtle magic on ourselves daily, I think, influencing ourselves and the universe around us with what we believe) b) why this shit is happening, and c) what can I do to feel better.

I liked the comment about trying to figure out what makes you truly happy. I actually made a list once. It helped a lot. I'd try it again. I'd also try to imagine what COULD make me happy, even if it's something I've never tried or a situation I've never been in.

Good luck. Never, ever, ever give up (I learned that in Physics).

-Rick

-Rick aka Loki
oh, man, a signature?... uuh... this is like coming across wet cement... uuh, shoot, I had something clever I was saving... I hope I don't run out of sp

DarkFairyQueenmember
557 posts

Posted:
EVERY experience, whether you 'percieve' it to be 'good or 'bad', is a part of your evolution.
Jus' let it flow niggaz...

(I'm off to stok up on munchies for my guest...)

Az abouve, So below...

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
i find that the universe tells me things.
when i am not living up to my potential, whether it's because i'm being lazy and afraid of life, or depressed, or even putting my enegy into the wrong path, the universe places obstacles in my way. when i am hooked into the flow, doing what i am supposed to be doing, the universe tells me. whether it's a smile from a beautiful woman, or a big juicy well paying job that will only take four days, or a new sense of peace, the flow comes, and it comes right away. life is REEEEEEEEEEAALLY short, death sits on a seat right behind us, and we HAVE to respect that by living each moment to its fullest. which means doing what it is you are supposed to do. perhaps your misery is a curtain call for some patterns that you are involved in, a way of thinking that is outmoded and ready for a new fresh start. the pheonix rises from its ashes, spreads its wings and a brilliant glory bursts forth for all to see...

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
of course, sometimes bad sh!t happens regardless, and you just gotta go cuddle. and drink a guiness and weep.

-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.

Aurora (1/2 a firesister)GOLD Member
enthusiast
249 posts

Posted:
Life's a bitch then you die...
so fuck the world let's you and me go get high

Well I say that flippantly because drugs are never the answer...just a nice distraction

I'm gonna have to go with Cassandra on this one...find someone you luv and have a nice big hug and chill session.

[ 06 June 2002, 14:06: Message edited by: SunSpot ]

Om Namah Sivaya

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Spiral.. we sound pretty similar.. my world has turned to sh*te too..but I try to look on the good side.. if it's this bad.. it can only get better right?? Here's hoping it will.. I would buy you a drink but I've only got 4p and I'm round at my friends for dinner.. no food at home..

Keep you chin up my love - you are NOT alone!

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
Fire dragon You from Camberley as in camberley, Surrey, near farnborough, and cove, and hawley and blackwater? we'll I've got £3.50, want to share a bottle of nasy cheap cider?

[ 06 June 2002, 08:03: Message edited by: Spiral ]

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
i don't know what to tell you.... watch me be there in a few years... but in teh meantime i'm going to screw up...

love you middle bro, enjoy teh sunrises at least!

Kyrian

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

master sodiummember
536 posts

Posted:
nine months, no money, no job, life sucks? only one possible solution. flip out. go crazy. if you're at the bottom what the hell do you have to live for. no house? steal alot of stuff at once and spend some time in jail. roof over the head right. or take out lots of cops. bonus points if they die with a donut in hand. j/k.

actually in this situation I would probably take a long journey, and consult my teacher/protector spirit as to what I should do and throw myself into his mercy. take the time to find out what path has heart? of course aquiring a teacher/protector spirit isn't an easy task. but then, not everybody is cut out to follow the path towards becoming a person of knowledge.

you can't have a war against terrorism because war IS terrorism.it's not about worshipping fire. its about making the fire want to worship you.

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Sepa:
Well, I've never been there. I know this may sound a little... hard hearted, perhaps? but I've never been there because I never let myself get there.
Not hard hearted at all, after all, all the power to change my world resides within me, just as all the power to change your world resides within you.

[ 06 June 2002, 08:07: Message edited by: Spiral ]

the man behind the curtainmember
52 posts
Location: second star on the right and straight on till morn...

Posted:
just be.

realize what you really NEED, and work on that. remember need is the ultimate jailor. i've been through the ringer in the last couple of years but i'm one of the happiest people i know, and i'm "comming back up" maybe not in a conventional sense. but that was never my gig anyway.

may you travel far andlive in interesting times.unless you a bhuddist in which case i wish you nothing

the man behind the curtainmember
52 posts
Location: second star on the right and straight on till morn...

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by DarkFairyQueen:
EVERY experience, whether you 'percieve' it to be 'good or 'bad', is a part of your evolution.
Jus' let it flow niggaz...

(I'm off to stok up on munchies for my guest...)

all our judgement is subjective. we do not understand the ultimate end of each event. all things are related and therefore interdependent.

may you travel far andlive in interesting times.unless you a bhuddist in which case i wish you nothing

Availablemember
93 posts

Posted:
so i'm not the only one about a year for me of poop
when i was at bottom a month or so ago i did turn to a hard drug for an escape it sucked and i told a satanic priest friend o mine that this is it i'm just going to relish in the dark side for a while a couple days later i laughed cuz i was already there
now even though i get sad a lot instead of looking for love and getting slapped in the face instead i just look to the light every day it gets brighter and brighter and i can feel its warmth
i realise that my past plans and endevours were not thaught out and a few were just me running away from a situation
so the answer to the question
have faith in yourself and keep visualising what you want to accomplish in your lifetime and when the shit hits the fan again look into the light or
hows about all the freaky down lucked people have fundraisers and pool our money to buy an island somewhere no but really some one tell me what this light is

Better to Burn out than Fade out, Baby!

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Move to Hunters Bar. Make regular trips to Headcharge and Zogg. Goto free partiesSpin some things. Munch other things. Eat, drink and be merryFor tomorrow is the day after today and it's bound to rain in the afternoon....
This is the gospel according to C@ntus. Thanx for tuning in.

And now, a word from our sponsors: "Leg Lag - for all your leg lagging needs!"

Meh

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
man another thing. i have had very many beings that are very special to me die recently. what's the problem? no cash, girl left ya? waaah! man, it's good to be alive, who cares about the rest! did you get an action memo saying, life is great without even trying?heck no! life is hard! money is never there, girls are capricious, flippant creatures, capitalist pigs are killing us all,so what. be happy to be alive. most people out there would give anything to be where you are. live life and stop worrying about stupid shit. when death comes and takes a cuddling buddy, or two, or three, THEN you have a good guage of suffering. but THEN you are set free, because you see that life is about more than each little thing. it's about being kind, and having joyful experience. go outside right now, take off your clothes, run down the street banging some pans together and scream at the top of your lungs "LETS ALL ENJOY SOME ITALIAN PASTA!!!!!!"

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
You made a profit on Friday though didn't you? You haven't failed in all your endevours. Be more positive.

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Arashi, that would be italian pasta as opposed to....?

I'm with Arashi on th advice front though kid. Take off your clothes and jog to the crucible. I bet no one even bats an eyelid. Take some change with you though cos you'll want to get the bus back. Remember the 52s run all night and stop outside the Grindstone - bargain.

And if death comes take Auntie James and Howard. It'll be funny if nothing else.

Meh

the mind gap.old hand
829 posts

Posted:
there's nothing wrong liam, you're just imagining it. get some money together and leave the country and you'll see.
by the way if you want some of that money back you gave me at headcharge you'd better tell me soon or i'll spend it all.

wherever you go, there you are.

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the advice people, I'm not bewailing my lot, I was just pondering what people would do in my position, its kinda like you've had the slate wiped completely clean and can start over. In a way I'm very happy about the situation, as I have nothing holding me anywhere, and for the first time I can decide what I want to do, and not what anyone else wnats me too. I know there's people out there in a lot worse position, and I count myself lucky on many counts, and if my freinds don't know that, I'm just sorry that I haven't made it clear how much they all mean to me. I know what I'm doing, I think I had a kind of experience similar to what kato had recently. I'm going to make my hobby (music)into my job, and my chosen career (archeaology) into my hobby. I've just had to find what I would do anyhting to achieve at, and in my honest opinion I think I've found it. Keep it coming people.

"And still, like air, I rise......"

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Mind Gap, does that mean you didn't spend it all on OS1 cds?

Meh

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Easy, start over!

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Look at that. No messing about. Straight to he point.Finely tuned military mind that, y'know.....

Meh

HOP kreisförmig

Melden Sie sich an, um die neuesten Informationen zu Verkäufen, Neuerscheinungen und mehr zu erhalten ...