114 posts

Posted:
Post deleted by PoiGirl

GidgBRONZE Member
Super Gidg!!!!
8,506 posts

Posted:
Welcome back PoiGirl. hug

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is NOT.
Proud member of the HoP DPS.
Sanity is a highly overrated state of mind.
I'm normal ... it's everyone else that's crazy.

Gidg

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
Glad you had fun PG biggrin Where did you go?

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

PoiGirlBRONZE Member
114 posts

Posted:
Went to Cape Cod. Lovely weather...sunny, not to hot... perfect. sunny

Hey I've been thinking of changing my name from PoiGirl to something...more original. I've come with with a few ideas but each seems sillier than the last. Do y'all think I should change it at all?

stiksBRONZE Member
35 posts

Posted:
Hey pg (which I have to keep reminding myself does not, in this context, stand for paraglider...)! Yeah showing off for da tribe is always good, innit? Actually you missed meeting my relatives... they had me light up every night ubbloco Oh, and my cuz george took some videos (I spin even faster than I thought! Yow), and he's thinking about using them for his final project at uni! So I might be famous... wink Oh yeah and I got some new chain. Welded stainless steel. Even I might have trouble spinning these too fast...

-No future in it-

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
PG:
Parental Guidance
Pyromaniacal Genius
I'm sure there must be some others too wink

Don't change your name, you'll just confuse everyone. But maybe you could just not have a name and instead just have a symbol and be known as "The artist formerly known as Poi Girl" biggrin

Don't forget me when you're famous stiks.

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

PoiGirlBRONZE Member
114 posts

Posted:
Haha, paraglider...I know how that is when you're obsessed with something (poised, poison, point....!). ubblol
Yeah, you're right, it'd be confusing. Just thought PoiGirl was a little too typical. But oh well.
Oooh every night - Lucky! How cool. Actually, I've heard a lot about this George - from Marla. She was being herself, for sure... rolleyes Too bad I missed him wink
Isn't it so nifty to see yourself spin? Hopefully George uses the footage, that'd be awesome. cool

Ooh, my hundreth post! I get to FINALLY change my title. bounce bounce2

stiksBRONZE Member
35 posts

Posted:
Yes well in the circles that I frequent acronyms are...prolific (pg, hg, lz, sr, bg, fp, hp, cb, al...). Yeah I bet you did... she was quite *hem* captivated with his presence rolleyes Down, girl wink It is pretty damn cool (gracie has a clip of me on her wc2004 movie as well). And I pulled off a perfect airwrap and a couple of beats btl at madmadmad speed devil

-No future in it-

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
Change it then, you're still a stranger.

Is an airwrap the same as a hyperloop confused

stiksBRONZE Member
35 posts

Posted:
Not exactly. Hyperloop is like an airwrap that moves. I think... there seems to be more than one definition umm... but an airwrap is where you wrap the poi chains off of each other (without making a huge mess and tangling and mangling, as often happens...).

-No future in it-

PoiGirlBRONZE Member
114 posts

Posted:
Arg, can't seem to change it yet. Maybe another post?? rolleyes

*Snort* "down girl". ubblol biggrin I love her so, despite the teasing.

frown I still haven't pulled off an airwrap with fire. I tried, but they tangled soo badly. I just need to practice... juggle

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
Why delayed?

I still don't get the difference between a H-L and an A-W, surely if the A-W doesn't move it'll just tangle up confused

PoiGirlBRONZE Member
114 posts

Posted:
Because I never gave a rat's toenail about fire before poi, and now I'm rabid. biggrin devil

Sorry, I can't help you there...I can barely do an A.W. frown

PoiGirlBRONZE Member
114 posts

Posted:
*Sits twiddling thumbs, looks to cobwebby ceiling for topic to discuss*

Hmm. Okay. Are you people (don't actually know to whom I'm directing this) going back to college (or "university" as some of you so endearing seem call it) soon, or are you already back? What do you study?

ubbangel

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
A-well-helloooooooooo boys and girls, everybody's fave boy is back.

I've just been in Spain for 2 weeks and expected to back to a thread as long as my leg with loads of stuff to catch up on but there's only 2! What's been going on, why have you all stopped talking? frown

PoiGirlBRONZE Member
114 posts

Posted:
Hey there Flame Boy...hope you had a good time. smile
I dunno..just not a lot to talk about..plus I've been on here way too much..gotta cut back...
Here's a cool lesson site if you haven't found it already:
Mot's Place

smile

GidgBRONZE Member
Super Gidg!!!!
8,506 posts

Posted:
Mots Place is real nice. I was glad when he came back on line.

Gidg

stiksBRONZE Member
35 posts

Posted:
cool site. an actual lucid explanation of hyperloops... gosh! did I mention to you that my fire head have pushed up the daisies? (maytheyrestinpeace.) very sad. I have no choice but to get some monkey fists now... *sigh* how tough is that? wink learned anything new lately?

-No future in it-

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
How did your heads bite the dust? I dunno how you can tell.
I haven't learnt anything new, I had planned to do loads of swinging in Spain on the beaches outside restaurants and stuff, but I never got round to it, plus the beaches were all pebbly rather than sandy...but the wind surfing was good (when there was wind frown )

PoiGirlBRONZE Member
114 posts

Posted:
My condolences about your wicks...but monkey heads can't be all bad, can they? wink

Naw..haven't really learned anything new. Haven't even practiced for a long time But perhaps when I have time I'll snitch some ideas from Mot's Place... weavesmiley

Well. I hate to crash the party just as it was getting going again, but, well..no way to put it gently...I'm gonna leave HoP, as I need to concentrate on school and general life...plus my mum wasn't really thrilled I was on here in the first place... biggrin ooooops So please feel free to keep chatting, it'd be an honour. smile And perhaps I'll pop in again sometime. In the meantime, keep up the poi! Learn cool things! And tell me if you ever get the Matrix move!

Pip pip, tally ho! wave peace meditate

GidgBRONZE Member
Super Gidg!!!!
8,506 posts

Posted:
Come back when you're able PoiGirl. We'll miss you. hug

Gidg

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
AH NO! You're leaving? You can't do this to us eek
Why do you have to concentrate on school, I never did and I turned out fine hehe
Whats the Matrix move?

stiksBRONZE Member
35 posts

Posted:
*sigh* a hop'er has fallen. We must spin for those who cannot wink

-No future in it-

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
I agree. We can only hope she will return some day.

Page: ...