Forums > Social Chat > Dazed and somewhat confused

Login/Join to Participate

JaedenGOLD Member
220 posts

Posted:
Ok, so I go out to this pary last night (warm and fuzzy 3) and I'm teaching this girl how to do some basic btb stuff with my glowsticks. Well, she stepped off for a bit to go chase a friend or something and so I take up my glowies and start to screw around a bit. After I stop to untie another tangle-knot this guy comes up to me and asks if that's the best I can do. I shrug, sake my head and make some non-commital gestures. So he steps back and I just do more normal stuff. After I stop again he comes up to me and hands me a flyer for his bar that's opening in a month. He tells me that he's looking to hire some spinners and that if I'm interestd that I should give him a call. Well, that just kinda blew my mind. I mean, I'm not that good. Why would anyone want to pay me to spin? I'm not complaining or nothing and will most likely take him up on this, or at least see if there realy is anything to it. Well, this whole thing has kinda left me dazed and somewhat confused.I think I'm going to sleep now. Then search all the past topics on perforamces and the like and probably return with a pile of questions of my own.------------------'There is a fist pressing against anyone who thinks something compelling'

The world is not out to get you but if you fight it you will be eaten alive

GlowWormBRONZE Member
84 posts

Posted:
Opportunity knocks!!! Dazed and confused, and should be very happy!! Good on you! grin grin grin------------------ColesId love to be a glow-wormCuz a glow-worm's never glumIt's hard to be downheartedWhen a light shines out your bum

Coles
Id love to be a glow-worm
Cuz a glow-worm's never glum
It's hard to be downhearted
When a light shines out your bum

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
That's great to hear. It's always good when someone realizes you got mad talent. You were spinning all night, I can't even last 20 mintues spinning anymore.*puts his head down in shame* Just curious what bar is it at?I'll make sure i drop by so i can heckle you smile------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
othing ventured nothing gained------------------Trance the sacred spiral dance.Love and LightSpiral'ride the spiral to the end, It may just go where no-ones been'

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
The same thing only just happened to me last saturday... for a nightclub... freaky...

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

JaedenGOLD Member
220 posts

Posted:
Happy? kinda. Nervous? hell yeah. I still don't know that I have this for sure, I haven't called him yet. And it's for a new bar, opening May 3rd, called Pure (I believe) where Parliment used to be.

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
lol crazy, i think you were approched by Samson then (was he oriental?). I'm spinning fire at Pure on May 3rd and May 4th. Though i think im charging him too much money and he might want a replacement for me, uh oh :P------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

JaedenGOLD Member
220 posts

Posted:
lol, yeah, it was Samson. Now, if he's allready got you spinning, what would he want me for?But hey, now I get to stop by and heckle you!

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
You're lucky, Jaeden. I've been trying to get a job spinning at some clubs and no one seems interested!If you can do btb I'd imagine you're pretty damn good, no matter what you say. But hey, even if you're not, at least get paid for doing what you enjoy until you get fired/replaced! wink

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Don't sell yourself short man. He probably thought you were better than me. But ya, you should follow this up, if he suddenly calls me up and somehow talks his way out of our verbal contract i'll know that he's shady and don't want to work for him anyways. Best case situation is that we'll both be spinning at Pure.------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

pantsonfirethe man with the flaming pants
148 posts

Posted:
thats great to hear!!! take this oppertunaty with both hands and spin it like crazy!!!

It's all good

JaedenGOLD Member
220 posts

Posted:
Better than Phunky, now that's a happy thought winkAnyways, he's holding auditions in a couple days. We'll just have to go and see what happens. At the very least it'll be a cool spin-session with lots of tallent.[This message has been edited by Jaeden (edited 02 April 2002).]

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Just to let you know the area where you'll be spinning has a low roof, so if you spin anything longer than an inch or so longer than your arm and try giant moves, your poi might hit the roof (It's about the height of the basement at the polish hall). Also, are you spinning fire or glowsticks? If your spinning fire remember to make containers that can attatch your fire wicks so you'll be able to spin the extra fuel off indoors. Another thing is, even if you spin off the fuel the floor around you will get very very slippery, wear shoes with some good grip on them. If you're spinning glowsticks, well just do your thang and hopefull everything will turn out good smile------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====[This message has been edited by phunky (edited 02 April 2002).]