Page: ...
Endangered Sanitymember
164 posts

Posted:
I was just wondering how old most of you people are.

gάrbǿČaddict
521 posts
Location: Bristol / London / Norwich / Chennai, India (UK) (...

Posted:
My friends smile. Age is irrelevant. I can say one thing though, I hope I'm still spinning at the age of 42 grin. Do I get a "HERE HERE" for that?peace out garbo tongue

be excellent to each other: safe:

Endangered Sanitymember
164 posts

Posted:
You get one from me!'Here Here!'

ykaterinaBRONZE Member
107 posts

Posted:
i just turned 27, too - pele, when was your birthday?

emptysetmember
98 posts

Posted:
hey- tekknogurrl that sounds like a cool idea, but i dont know about anything anytime soon, but i also can't wait for the summer

Its all in good, clean, light producing fun.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Mid-October yKaterina. I am a lovable libra smileAnd while I like to see how old everyone is, helps that mental image I have form a bit more completely, I do agree with Garbo, it doesn't matter...but it's still fun!------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Rainmember
69 posts

Posted:
neraly 19

TaiGuymember
127 posts

Posted:
LOL...I'm only 14.... oh well ^__^------------------"Happiness is not a destination, but a method for life"- Burton Hills

The reason communism doesn't work is because people like to own stuff

adrianmember
58 posts

Posted:
old enough to know better , young enough not to care.....mine 18

ladies and gentelmen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice...

crispyxmember
53 posts

Posted:
28 here, I agree those of you getting an early start are lucky I would have loved to have been doing this in my teens.

How is it ever possible to feel safe and secure in a world in which everyone dies?

roguemember

Posted:
37.....eek!

emptysetmember
98 posts

Posted:
i know this doens't exactly go with the topic but, pele if u read this please answer this question. exactly how is your name suposed to be pronounced?

Its all in good, clean, light producing fun.

ShawnFmember
162 posts

Posted:
Ok... I suppose I have to respond to all of this. I am 22, and just going through the transition of school to work...Pele... nice to see another Libra around. smileI think the age thing comes down to this.. yes when you're younger you may be more flexible or have a bit more energy, but the main reason for kids learning faster is an intellectual thing. You need to try to look at things from a fresh perspective and not let the apparant difficulty of something stop you from trying.Remember, everything is simpler and more complicated than it appears. smile

jessejamesmember
22 posts

Posted:
its been twenty four years that i been around for hopefully the next twenty four will be as good as the last

burnin down the house

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Shawn, very cool!!!
Non-Https Image Link
Emptyset..it's pronounced Pay-LayNow I am curious...how were you pronouncing it? wink------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele

Ianddmember
39 posts

Posted:
23 for me, been playing with fire for all those years since I could light matches and 5 years of fire playing andfour years of the poi plus more juggling than you can shake a stick at.

soup!

Rick aka LokiBRONZE Member
134 posts

Posted:
22. Double snake-eyes.Huggable Leo who just got into swinging last August. Young enough to have fun, old enough to get burnout from working too hard. Too young to figure out how NOT do do that to myself, too old to fix it by giving up on the battle, too young to do the same.Found my first grey hair in January. I was very proud. Ended up thinking, 'man, if it took all this experience and struggle to earn ONE, what the heck happened to my MOM?' winkLoving life at whatever age. B)-Rick

-Rick aka Loki
oh, man, a signature?... uuh... this is like coming across wet cement... uuh, shoot, I had something clever I was saving... I hope I don't run out of sp

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
Some people have said they wished they got started sooner. Not me. Speaking as one of the (ahem) old farts around here, I think I started around the time I was ready to. If I had tried this as a teenager or even a 20-something, the results would have been vastly different and probably worse, both in terms of mechanics and expression. But that's a moot point, since I wasn't the sort of person who would even try back then.Physically, I've never been particularly flexible, but I am stronger now, with more endurance, and a higher tolerance for pain (not that I plan to rely on this in twirling) than any time previously.------------------Adam Rice :: www.fire-gear.com

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

Drakemember
72 posts

Posted:
im 16, been spinning since i was 15. yeah its good to start young. but then again i see these kids at my karate studio who've been at it since they were four and by my age are already 2nd degree black belts. makes me feel old...ya know i think im registered...i really dont know...DRAKE

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
22, capricorn, horseFit all 3 to a tea smile

- Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
I'm 24, 25 in a few months. I have been asked when I am going to *settle* down, when I reach 25 I will be a Christmas Cake after all (Japanese terminology, Christmas cake is best before the 25th, likewise a woman is at her best before 25). I however as a maker of excellent Christmas cakes know that they get better with age. Maybe it has something to do with the amount of poitin I pour in! Guess I should partake aswell!)I however feel younger than I did at 18, when I thought I knew so much - now I know that I have a long way to go.Kat------------------"London is a city coming down from its trip and there's going to be a lot of refugees" - Danny,Withnail & I

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

WildChildmember
43 posts

Posted:
Pele:
Non-Https Image Link
This may sound funny - dunno 'bout Emptyset but I've been pronouncing your name 'Pie-lĂȘ'.Reason being 'pele' meaning 'forward' in seSotho (one of our African languages).They also put the word to use as a name but then it is pronounced 'pĂȘ-lĂȘ'. In this context it doesn't mean anything - it's just a name like Jim/Susan/Jan......'Pay-lay', hmmmmmmmm, why is that? Or is it just the way you prefer it to be pronounced?By the way........I'm 27 years young......but if all goes well I'm gonna b 18 'till I die!!
Non-Https Image Link
------------------*WC*

*8*WildChild*8*

ALIBABAmember
52 posts

Posted:
year of the rooster and an aries too.going on 20 i'm afraid.maybe it should be how old you are relevant to spinning? i am about 1 and a half

ALIBABACHICKENMANICANSEEYOURUNDERWEAR

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Wild Child and EmptySet...How interesting WC...I never thought of it in terms of other languages...but I like that it means "forward", that's neat concidering that my acts are concidered "innovative" for Ren Faires!The name actually came from a friend who grew up in Martinique, an island n the west indies. There is a volcano there that is becoming active again, Mt. Pele. Upon further research Pele is a Polynesian goddess of volcanoes/fire. While I am not claiming anything close to goddess-hood, my frineds encouraged the name, no one else I came across in my research had it and so I borrowed it from the mountain and mythos. That's why it's said the way it is.ummmmmmm....To the rest...I find the older I get the younger I feel and the better shape I am in.As one of the "Older" Set here, I like that I took up fire later. But it's a personal thing.------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele

CAINED-AND-UNABLEmember
214 posts

Posted:
WOW, I'M THE YOUNGEST POI'ER I KNOW SO I ASSUMED I WAS THE YOUNGEST ON THIS SITE. I WAS GLAD TO READ THAT IM NOT (CHEERS ENDANGERED SANITY :P ) WELL IM 17.+ BEEN POI'ING FOR OVER A YEAR.CAINED AND UNABLE.

vyvyanjourneyman
92 posts

Posted:
yeeeeeeeeehaaaaa, i'm 24. many years of solvent inhaling to go yet.

...Firebreathing? Magic is only part of it my friend, diet does the rest!

Endangered Sanitymember
164 posts

Posted:
You're welcome, cained-and-unable, but i think Tai Guy is younger than me. He's only 14, I'm fairly sure.

sprytemember
45 posts

Posted:
Im 20 a monkey Taurus-Gemini Cusp. I Like 20 don't want to be aby older.... smile But My birthday is coming soon Oh well.

TaiGuymember
127 posts

Posted:
True, i'm only 14, but the friend i picked it up from started when he was 13 [started at age 12], sooooo.... lol------------------"Happiness is not a destination, but a method for life"- Burton Hills

The reason communism doesn't work is because people like to own stuff

smittymember
104 posts

Posted:
this post is about to get to 3 pages long, thats gotta be a record of some kind

sammiemember
56 posts

Posted:
grrrr....... 20?!Still get asked for my ID when i buy a lottery ticket though - can i be counted as 16 then?Ever noticed how your body as a whole just isnt the same age?*(mental age - about 3 3/4!)*(1 hair follicle - about 76 (its decide to rebel and go grey this week)*(left little toe - nearing 100, very wrinkly and blind - could it ever see?) smile

Page: ...