AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I'm based in London and would like to learn the art of POI!Where do I start?

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Tie up some balled up socks with shoestring (as these are the least painful practice poi I know of) and swing them at your side forward and backward. If you can deal with that then follow the videos in numerical order along this site. Honestly it is the best way. Start slow and easy to get the feel and if you have any questions, ask away. There's usually a couple of us more than happy to help.Welcome and good luck in your progress. I think you will find that the poi "family" is a welcoming one and that there are so many benefits to swinging one cannot begin to list them all!!!!! grin------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

SimosBRONZE Member
enthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
you can go on tusedays to the drome where i imagine you will meed other swingers....have a look on previous posts for times...happy swinging,Simos

gάrbǿaddict
521 posts
Location: Bristol / London / Norwich / Chennai, India (UK) (...

Posted:
Come to the drome on Stainer street under London Bridge tube station. I work there occationally and there are alot of poiers there.peace out garbo tongue

be excellent to each other: safe:

gάrbǿaddict
521 posts
Location: Bristol / London / Norwich / Chennai, India (UK) (...

Posted:
I can't believe you two (directed @ Pele and Simos). how the hell have you made 200+ entries. Respect.peace outgarbo tongue

be excellent to each other: safe: