Forums > Social Chat > I need to learn Short Twirling Fire Stick

Login/Join to Participate

Tanyamember
5 posts

Posted:
Hi. I'm a marching chick based in Auckland and use a twirling baton. I am however interested in learning to twirl a fire stick. Is there a group in Auckland that can show me the basics - particularly the lighting of it/safety etc?I need to start ASAP. Cheers! TARN smile

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
Well Tanya,I am not sure, but I can tell you now, that I met a girl from the USA who was a calisthenics champion baton twirler in her teenage year, and BOY!! shocked did she have a great style and could twirl well.So I would say you would pick it up pretty quick. Sorry I don't like in NZ, and I couldn't help you with your question.------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

TomSILVER Member
135 posts

Posted:
Try here (its a bit old now tho):https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/Forum5/HTML/000266.htmlCharles seems most active round there, try e-mailing him (one of the buttons at the top of all the messages) or use the 'meet others' link at the top of the page, everyone's very friendly really..Hope that helps,Tanya please ignore the next bit..point,is it rude to keep calling point all the damn time?i'm beginning to think it is..Tom[This message has been edited by Tom (edited 14 February 2002).]

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I think it might be Tom.

Meh