Forums > Videos > PK and Bluecat .. the lost video diaries (38 video's)

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thread under quarentine!!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So Lets make a start!...

There have been some major relisting in this post, please note that time will be needed for me to continue uploading every thing. wink

hug

HINT: Videos marked with ** before it's list order means that the video is awaiting upload... your patience thanks.

Section One .. videos by PK

1: Ghost Part One

My first video i made... so so long ago..

Music by "Sphongle".

2: Ghost Part Two

My second video i made... so so long ago..

Music by "Sphongle".

3: Peace Gardens

A video i made... so so long ago..

Music by "?" (pk: I cant remember! eek).

4: User9!

A video of lots of HoPpers at glastonbury 2003 (stone circle)...

Music by "the weird attractors".

5: Rubbish Two The Sequal

featuring PK, Bluecat, NYC, A Girl And Two Sticks, Nix? +), Ross Not Ian.

Music By "DJ Rubbish" from the armageddon sessions.

6: Roughkutz

Staring: Dion, Steve, Rob, Nina, pk and some others. A video that was made around april 2003 on Protabello beach in Edinburgh, Scotland. Previously unreleased, just a bit of fun. Much Capoeira with fire, very little twirling, some nice isolations by steve.

Music By "Roughkutz".

7: BJC2003

Loads of real nice stuff from the british juggling convention 2003, thank you to all performers who apear in this video. This is a story of my trip to the BJC2003.

Music By "?".

8: Juggling

PK juggling at the Tower of Pisa in Italy .. juggling quality poor but was made to experiment with editing and production techniques.. due to work and other commitments this video was never finished in the filming stages. So i edited up this little video.

Music By "?".

9: In My Mind

Remake of the User 9 video.

Music By "Slipknot".

9: POOKies

Just for laughs... Steve, Rob and PK

Music By "?".

10: Col3

My entry for Col3

Music By "?".

**11: Col4

My entry for Col4

Music By "?".

**12: A Bunny For The Perverted

Filmed on location at te POOKa.

Music By "?".

13: Tidy Trax

Laughing around after a stilt walking performance with Tony T at Tidy Trax.

Music By "?".

**14: PoiToy

A promotional video that i made for PoiToy. Featuring Step, Dunc, Spikey Rich and PK

Music By "Some Drum And Bass CD Found In PK's Room".

Section Two .. Videos By Rob

1: Messy

Based with the te POOKa troupe in Edinburgh, Scotland. he has produced this excellent 4 minute film staring, Steve, tree, mineiro and the rest of te POOKa. if you want to see a fantastic film with some real slick staff and poi oh and a dog too. [rob Thorburn/te POOKa]

2: Because Life Isn't

A te POOKa video.

Music By "?".

3: Refractions

A te POOKa show... performance by te POOKa including both PK and Rob.

Music By "Chris Hand" written and directed for te POOKa and the refractions show.

4: Black And Blue

The full version.

Music By "?".

5: O'Mineiro

Loads of contact staff footage and real good contact with double staff. Most of the good sections have been reused hence this is an previously unreleased video.

Music By "?".

6: Extreme Art

A te POOKa video.

Music By "?".

**7: Steve Cousins

Steve Cousins is an Australian Performer who is based in Edinburgh Scotland, he is currently based with te POOKa aptly named after the "tribe of the mischief makers". In his solo video, you will see he is an extremly talented staff, contact and double staff twirler, I am sure that as a video that is quite old now it can still teach you some real nice moves, transitions and much much more.

Music By "?".

8: Spinach Sessions Part One

Rob, steve and ross 'avin' a larf at Robs dads back garden up in the wilds of scotland.

Music By "?".

9: Spinach Sessions Part Two

Rob, steve and ross 'avin' a larf at Robs dads back garden up in the wilds of scotland.

Music By "?".

10: Spinach Sessions Part Three

Music By "?".

11: Uberstaff 2005

Uberstaff 2005.

Music By "?".

12: Kent

LOOK AT THIS ONE!!! this is the fun you can have burning a beach. something we did on our holidays.

Music By "?".

13: te POOKa 2005

Corporate stuff what we do...

Music By "?".

**14: Snow White Day

te POOKa fun (no spinning).

Music By "?".

15: Bloody Jazz Hands

a short promo of a hat routine..

Music By "?".

16: Clavacairns

I claim no responsibility for the cheese content of this. this is ALL steves work.

Music By "?".

17: Fire

te POOKa fire promo. a bit out of date now (as proven by the fact that to make it a '2005' video all i did was to re-edit the titles)

Music By "?".

18: Cabaret Saute

Deep Fried Cabaret

Music By "?".

Section Three .. Colaborations of Rob and PK

1: Morning Coffee

over 7 mins of manic footage all highlighting the manic weekend of poiinthepark's 1st anniversary even though a month late, but still, over 70 spinners turned out and we had some right old moments caught on camera, so many too scary to show the general public.... any way enjoy this as much as we did. video stars: BamBam, Glass [drew], Smallboy, Matt ECCO, me, Mineiro, Nix?, MooHaaHaa, Davena, Nancy, Tempest, Phat Boy Aidan, Kato, Jo Derry, Josh, Daish, Thistle, SNOOPoi, DromePixie, Cantus and Ros, Sypher and so many more. [Rob Thorburn/te POOKa/John Walklate/poiinthepark]

Music By "?".

2: Rubbish the dirtiest to date video, of the week following morning coffee. filmed in Edinburgh Scotland. [Rob Thorburn/te POOKa/john Walklate/poiinthepark]

Music By "DJ Rubbish" from the armageddon sessions.

3: How To

pre col4 video that we didn't submit.

Music By "?".

Section Four .. Videos by Jo Derry

1: Black Bush

Jo Derry with his home made wire wool poi. *CAUTION THIS IS HIGHLY DANGEROUS DO NOT TRY THIS UNSURERVISED OR WITH INEXPERIENCE*

Music By "Future Sound Of London".

2: Illuminati Prototypes

Jo Derry's prototype testing video of new settings that were configured in the 2nd prototypes video includes Jo Derry and Liam Tempest.

Music By "?".

Section Five .. Videos by Step

1: A Poo Day For Steven

Step and PK's play day in Birmingham at the Bull Ring..

Music By "Madness" Baggy Trousers.

CAREFULLY READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. BY AVAILING YOURSELF OF THE WEBSITE OR RELATED SERVICES, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AS SUCH TERMS MAY BE MODIFIED FROM TIME TO TIME AS DESCRIBED BELOW.

Terms and Conditions: The video and other intellectual property (collectively, "Materials") contained on this page are protected by copyright and international laws. You may only access and use the Materials for personal or educational purposes. You may not otherwise reproduce, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, modify or create derivative works of the Materials, unless authorized by the appropriate copyright owner(s). In the event that you print or distribute Materials found on this page, you must include any copyright notice originally included with the Materials on all copies and you should not attempt to "pass off" any of these Materials as your own work.

Modification of Terms and Conditions: [john walklate and rob thorburn] may modify these Terms and Conditions from time to time in its sole discretion. When such modification is made, [john walklate and rob thorburn] will post a revised version of these Terms and Conditions on this page. Modifications will be effective when they are posted. [john walklate and rob thorburn] is not required to provide you with notification that any such modification has been made. It is your responsibility to review these Terms and Conditions from time to time to be aware of any such modifications. Each time you view this thread, you will be deemed to have accepted any such modifications

EDITED_BY: PK_ (1167475862)

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
Im downloading the first one now (ETA 1:29 on dialup) and I will get the rest latter.

Are these encoded in DIVX? It would be nice if they were.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
hey astar cheers for the reminder dude.
edit previous post pk.. logtxt.exe

yeah i'm on dial up too, took me nigh on 2 hours to upload that first one.
if i bundle some up onto CD i can pop over to my mates and upload on broadband, but i cant afford the £5 to get there and back.. my funds are limited, luckily i have dial up where i do not get disconnected every 2 hours, so i can upload what i want and download what i want, i generally leave imesh running over night, mind you i dont sleep so i'm all ways around look at stuff or doing stuff.

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
On the Ghost part two, I was having trouble deciding weather the music was supposed to be loud or soft...

nifty none the less tho.

Kinudin

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
i should add a health warning on ghost part two, i spent all day making that video clip, and ended up falling asleep for 2 hours listening to that tune over and over.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
new stuff coming very very soon.

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
very smooth

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

Itsgottabmember
244 posts

Posted:
yes i would say smooth. tell the video guy to leave the zoom alone. you seemed to get bored with it at the end or was that just me, prehaps you could mix it up abit?

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
hehe , i was having a bad day, i couldnt seem to get any thing right, i did how ever feel the footage was good and i wanted to have some thing to work on for a few days. the camera guy was actually my future wife nancy, she can get a little side tracked when filming any thing. i will have to dig out my tripod for her, it was fucking freezing too so i am quite happy that she managed to keep the camera still and give me some work.

itsgottab what do you mean by mix it up?

Itsgottabmember
244 posts

Posted:
some other moves butterflys or something, warps and that. i could be getting fussy? i did like the start when you did the ground stuff though.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
i tend to work on newer stuff i've been playing with, i have loads that i wont upload but i want to get another flick done next week, i need to work on some other moves for a change.
nigh on 3am night night.

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
I personally wanna see more people doing the weave really fast!

Spoonerismmember
31 posts

Posted:
Hi, would love to see them, downloadings no problem but quicktime hasnt got the right compession software or summat??? Any suggestions ?? Ive no idea what im doing here. computer usage is not my strong point. Really fast weaves are however one of my main pleasures in life. Nice music by the way.

NothingsPerfectmember
79 posts

Posted:
Spoonerism:

quote:
Originally posted by PK [Dreadlocked-Rasclat]:
divX these videos are run with codecs please download them if you cant get videos to open.
See if that works.

~And when the day arrives I'll become the sky, and I'll become the sea, and the sea will come to kiss me for I am going home. Nothing can stop me now.~

Spoonerismmember
31 posts

Posted:
TA... Im crap aren't I. Niiiice POI. Brave location too. POI to the people 'n 'all that. Where was it, Sheffield? What was reception like?

"If it wags its tail and it barks, chances are, its a dog." great them aren' they?

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
glad you managed to get the divx working, its just a case of downloading the codecs then installing the download, al media players will then associate the divx codecs and divx compressed media.

yes it is sheffield as thats where we are based and run poiinthepark [see events section] [big gathering this coming weekend]
what do you mean by reception>?

Spoonerismmember
31 posts

Posted:
I mean from the shoppers and people going home after work, it looks lke you just turned up outside a shopping centre and got on with it, Ive done that before and its a different reception than say Glastonbury, where people are expecting it. They dont really know what to do, wether to stop and stare or just carry on. At Glasto. you get an immediate crowd. Just wondered.

P.S. is PIP all next weekend or just sat/sun if so which one. Cheers.

Spoonerismmember
31 posts

Posted:
I know theres a post but its huge and I need to go out again soon and im crap with pooters. just tell me. pleeeeeeeeeease

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
Saturday - and everyone's going

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
that video was done on the night of the christmas lights, when dom came to stay for a week before his worldly travels. it was done at the peace gardens where the lighting is beautiful and its peaceful to spin.
sheffield has one of the biggest poi comunities in england so its fairly wide spread but normaly if your out in public you get a crowd still, but your gonna get that in any town or city.
there was so much performance going on in sheffield that night so we just blended in the back ground after all the shows had finished.

Spoonerismmember
31 posts

Posted:
Nicely. Will be there on sat if at all poss. Cheers. ism

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
few new little movies posted up in the first post^^^^^

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Y'know I often have trouble downloading all of your video stuff because I "don't have a suitable compressor"... perhaps my computer isn't understanding the British accent because it only has trouble when it's of y'all.

(Please explain how I may remidy this... or translate it to American )

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
there may be a few remedies for you:

1: you havnt downloaded the divX codecs availiable from www.divX.com once you have downloaded the divx package, open up your program folder and find the install icon and run it.

2: right click on the link you want to view, select save target as and download to your hard drive.

if done both of the above

3: open up your media player and goto file/open select the media file and click open.

media players should recognise codecs if it doesnt it should request a download of the apropriate codecs and take you through the process, but you should have all ready got them if followed step 1.

failing that santanatwo has done a nice long ass thread about these sorts of problems located here How to view VIDEOS on the internet

any other problems let me know, i have checked file setings on my server as when i upload they are default set not to open unless i alter the properties, i did that when i uploaded and normally test them by getting my friend to download them before i post links, so i know the files are ok.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
wow a fantastic movie just upoaded for mineiro, from the guys at TePooka.
this you have to see, for 35mb it may be large but you will love this. see link on the first post.
were gonna work on some more this week, with some highlights from poiinthepark.
there was some real inspiring and impressive stuff going on and loads of ideas for our next production. keep posted.

[ 03. February 2003, 13:29: Message edited by: Smugs ]

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
baaaad asss
Te pooka
skills

I know this one, its goooooooooooooood
glass says, watch the "messy" vid !!!!!
Thanks Rob its wicked.
see y'all in edinburgh soon

Glass

[ 03. February 2003, 13:44: Message edited by: glass ]

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
wow, another great video, fantastic. Made me want to run out and play

Thanks for putting the up PK.

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

Dissolved Girlmember
70 posts

Posted:
messy...
amazing!

one.day.I.am.going.to.grow.wings.

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
The messy video is excellent. I really like how he edited it. Very nice.

Mineiromember
262 posts

Posted:
it was done... on a mac. hehe
ta more to come i hope soon....xR

brain replacement...anyone?

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
With I movie?

Page: ...